Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where To Buy HID Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Where To Buy HID Setup?

I know someone had a group buy on HID setups for Camaros on LS1.Com a while back. I already been having the Eurolamps.Com housings and decided to go true HID. I have plans for the fogs in the works. Anyone know the website for them? Or can recommend one? I'm in need of H7 bulbs & around 8K color temp. Aftermarket wiring isn't needed, already running high and low beams off of seperate SPDT relays.

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the ones from LS1.com before it collapsed
http://www.xenonking.com/

Can't give you any feedback on them though
Old 12-22-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Try this i have H7 for low and high beamshttp://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/sealedbeams.htm
Old 12-22-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.hidkit.com
you can choose what kind of hid you want and i belive they have some christmas deals!
Old 12-22-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Question

Off topic but I was curious, you had your rims widened right? I had mine done in Miami, where did you do yours? What did it cost you? Did you have to run a spacer?

Just wanted to see if I got a decent deal

I haven't had any issues with mine and I love the 315's on my stock Firehawk rims

The spacer is a bit of a PIA. In addition to cutting the bump stops and using the "BFH" mod on the wheel well, I've had to get longer ARP wheel studs and run a 7/8" spacer.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help everyone, but I already ordered a set of 8K's from another place who seems to be good to deal with. They're due in tomorrow, so I'll have pics up ASAP!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had mine done at Wheels America in Dallas. I paid $200 per rim to get done and that included the return shipping. I could have done it for $150 if I supplied the donor rim. What'd you pay for yours?

Yep I got some Skulte 1.25" adapters to run mine. No beating the inner fender, rolling the outer fender, etc. Just bolt up adapters, bolt up rims and go. I did check the torque on the adapters a few times after rolling on them for 10-20 minutes. I do get a little bit of rubbing on big bumps IF I have someone over 200lbs in the back seat. If I have only 2 people in car (including myself), I have no problems at all. I'm like you, I LOVE 315's!!! Do you have any pics?? I"m curious what yours looks like since you didn't go out as far as me.

Originally Posted by The Dragon
Off topic but I was curious, you had your rims widened right? I had mine done in Miami, where did you do yours? What did it cost you? Did you have to run a spacer?

Just wanted to see if I got a decent deal

I haven't had any issues with mine and I love the 315's on my stock Firehawk rims

The spacer is a bit of a PIA. In addition to cutting the bump stops and using the "BFH" mod on the wheel well, I've had to get longer ARP wheel studs and run a 7/8" spacer.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

hey guys, listen, obviously you have seen BMW,Audi and all those high end Lux cars, their HID is aweseom... how do we Fbody people come that close, i mean IDENTICAL??? What can i buy for my t/a??? Like bulb or part numbers would help most since i know nothing about hid. I see it appears as purple in the diustance and of course is 10 times bright as regular lighting. Lol. I want to also upgrade to PIAA fogs, driving lights... so whats up?
Old 12-22-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Buy eurolamp housings from the link above, but H7 HID kit in a 12K color temp and install. Find the PIAA fogs or whatever brand you want (My APC fogs fill gap 3/8" more than PIAA 4" fogs) and install.

FYI, 12K color temp is NOT the best for actual usuable light. 5K-6K is the color temp for the best/furtherest viewing. I got 8K for mine, mainly cause I want a bluish tint.

Oh yeah, our T/As lights will never compare to the higher end cars, most use a projector beam which is far superior than the eurolamps housings. I wish Hella made housings for 98-ups, had them in my 93 and they had a PERFECT DISTINCT cutoff!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

tru tru, i thought about using the mcculloch 10k..in xenonking.com
check that out! is it compatible> Lol, i heard if we were to run the power from battery directly to headlamp it would be a HELL of alot brighter, instead of harnessing... ya know? so newayz, that mcculloch set-up is it like the same H7 thingy??? h7 is the bulb? or no?> im retarded.lol

Quick Reply: Where To Buy HID Setup?