Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior pictures

I finally had a bit of time this weekend to play around with the new toys. I was looking around for a nice place to put my Raptor shift light, and the A/C vent thing seemed harder than it looks (there is not one piece of tape in my house that sticks to the vent path, nor velcro). I decided to take off that "Camaro" cover that is next to the ASR/fogs and use one of those holes. I'm thinking of picking up one of the blank covers and drilling a hole through it for the light some other day. The Sirius unit just happened to fit perfectly in the right A/C vent. But it covered up the shift light if it was in the third slot- so I moved the fogs over to #3 and put the shift light in the closest one. I never touch the fogs anyway, and although the button isn't really visible, I can still turn them on/off with my hand. I used the #4 slot to run my antenna cable for the Sirius, just happened to be the right spot.

By the way, the shift light looks great! You can REALLY tell how far off the stock tach is- the Raptor was set to 5800, and it was going off when the tach still read 5500 at full throttle. If you slowly raised the RPM, they would match at 5800.

Whatcha think?
Attached Thumbnails Interior pictures-interior1.jpg   Interior pictures-interior2.jpg   Interior pictures-interior3.jpg   Interior pictures-interior4.jpg  
Old 12-18-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

looks bad ***, how you likeing the radio? thinking of gettin something like that
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks interesting, i need to get sirius for my carPC so I can listen to howard stern again.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Creative placing, but I've never liked how satellite radio has to mount separate like that, two radios is overkill to me
Old 12-18-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks!

Originally Posted by LvDemKings
Creative placing, but I've never liked how satellite radio has to mount separate like that, two radios is overkill to me
I know what you mean- the local Sirius dealer has a Sirius-ready JVC CD/MP3 head unit for $150 that I'm really looking into. It'd be nice to have it all at once, but till then this will have to do.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Looks pretty good.
I have been looking into Sirius some myself...
Old 12-18-2005, 03:20 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by meissenation
Looks interesting, i need to get sirius for my carPC so I can listen to howard stern again.
True that!
Old 12-19-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not a bad idea and location for mounting that. I've been trying to decide where to mount mine but I would hate to give up an A/C vent if I decided to go that route.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I think im gonna get a 98+ console for my bird ( with the fold out cupholder ) and then shave the cup holder, and cut out a little place to mount a Sat. radio there, then get the ashtray thing with five bottons, install all that, then go and put that console in my car... IDK though. LOOKS nice.

Quick Reply: Interior pictures