Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Dilemma, which way to run 9s next season?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dilemma, which way to run 9s next season?

So I'm kicking myself in the *** so hard for selling the sled a couple of seasons ago. I'm really itching to get a badass machine. Here's what I'm thinking, buy a ZR900 that I can Ice Drag and raise hell on the lakes with this winter. The problem is with the $12+K I put into this machine the Camaro not be out to play next season (at the track anyway). However, with a few changes to the sled in the spring (including alittle nitrous), the thing should go 9s all day long at NED.

Either way, I'm going 9s but I'm not sure if it's worth pushing the car aside. The car is just becoming a pain in the *** because I will have to start towing it to the track and I really don't have the time to maintain it to be ready to run every week, where as the sled I can prep in one night and then just slide into the truck on a rack.

I don't know.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would definetly pick the sled. Ever consider an RX1 with a turbo or a firecat F7 bigbore?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:19 PM
8 second mod

buy a cheeper sled and do both!!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:26 PM

I vote keep the car going.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

keep the car going IMO!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would keep the car.
a fast sled is a great toy, but at the end of the day you are very limited where you can use it. the car you can take to the store or local stop light as well as the track and every country road you cna find.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Keep the car
Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1st and goal
Keep the car
Perhaps I'm not the greatest one to say "Keep the car"

Something my brother once told me when I was shopping for a Z/28 back in the day has always stuck with me.... "If it feels right you'll know it"

Get a cheaper sled and throw some spray in it
Old 12-19-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

One thing I did forget to mention is that I only have to work about 20 hours a week in the winter and alot of trails are by my house, I can jump right on them and go all over the place. I also have a 72sq mile lake to play on. Grass drags are pretty popular up here in the fall as well as ice drags in the winter. I made a couple of calls and a friend should beable to get me an '05 ZR900 SP for under $8K. That's a steal but it's still alot of money. I could find something used but I'm to picky, probrably wouldn't find something I like until April. I'll really have to think it over.

I would still plug along on the Camaro all summer, just won't run it as much and won't make it to the track often. Hell, I didn't even run it much this past season. Also, the Silverado should be good for high 12s this spring so that will be my little stop light beater.

I'm still on the fence. I need to find a well off divorced 40 year old that will help support my ***. Worked for my buddy.

Last edited by GM Muscle; 12-19-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
I'm still on the fence. I need to find a well off divorced 40 year old that will help support my ***. Worked for my buddy.
Good luck on your search for a "cash Cow"
Old 12-19-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Pfff...my luck I'll end up with a broke Holstein of a cow.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Hey GM Muscle, not to hijack the thread but do you guys have any cruise nights or anything up there in Laconia, I live in Rochester and would love to get together some night in the summer and talk cars. I've got a couple buddies with some sweet rides that could tag along as well, some old school some new school. By the way, that ZR900 kicks ***, I think I read in one of the snow machine mags that they can run 11's or 10's from the factory in the 1/4. Look at it this way you can save some torture on the car for the next couple of years.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:38 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, we have Cruise nights on Monday night in Gilford. Alot old school stuff and sometimes the Corvette club shows up (we beat on them pretty good). We also have a cruise night on Wen in New Hampton, same guys pretty much. In May we have our own little 3 day nationals and it brings in hotrods and muscle cars from all over. I'll let you know when the car comes back out to play, I love to cruise 93 North and raise some hell.

From what I have heard the ZR 900s are going low to mid 10s stock.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Yeah, we have Cruise nights on Monday night in Gilford. Alot old school stuff and sometimes the Corvette club shows up (we beat on them pretty good). We also have a cruise night on Wen in New Hampton, same guys pretty much. In May we have our own little 3 day nationals and it brings in hotrods and muscle cars from all over. I'll let you know when the car comes back out to play, I love to cruise 93 North and raise some hell.

From what I have heard the ZR 900s are going low to mid 10s stock.

That would be great, we all love to get out and cruise in the cars and hang out at the local cruise nights and i'nm sure my buddies would love to branch out a little and check out some new scenery. Do you guys have anything going on around the 15-17 of May? I do the Winni salmon derby every year and I stay at the Naswa, so I could bring the car up then as well.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

I can't remember if cruise night starts at the beginning of May or the end. It's at the movie theater that's like 2 minutes away from the Naswa. The hot rod nationals are the 26th-28th so you'll miss them by a weekend. I'm trying to round up some new muscle cars around here to go cruising but there aren't to many around.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

**** it, no sled for me. I want a 9 second street car. Screw the trailor too, I'm going to keep driving the pig.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Hell I didn't know you had hot rod nationals up there, May 26-28 count me in man, Laconias not that far away, about 35 minutes from Rochester. Which movie theater are you talking about, i'm assuming the one that is across the street from the Gilford Shaws, not the drive in in Weirs Beach. I'll have my nitrous installed come this spring so maybe we can compare notes, although mine isn't nearly as bad *** as yours, but it will be nice to talk to someone who know's what their talking about. ****, 99% of the fbods in my area are still rocking the stock exhaust.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

No they are in the feild at Hoyts cinema across from lilly pond, it usually donsn't get busy until the summer. They are flatening the theater across from Shaws. The nationals are at Meadowbrook and there is a cruise night in the weirs. They also do a ride around the lake that Sunday. Let me know whenever your up, bring an empty bottle too and I'll give you a killer price on nitrous, I have a refill station here at the house.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Launching!

Damn man your cruises and shows are way better than what we have here. Can't wait to join in on the fun, you guys got it going on. Thanks for the hook up on the nitrous, thats awesome. I have guy like 5 minutes from my house that has a detailing shop w/a nitrous filling station but he's kind of a douche. He has a really nice looking WS6 but he's the kind of guy that puts every new performance thing on his car that comes out and doesn't think things through, so his car is always having problems. Long story short, i'd rather drive to Laconia and give you the business.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Is that the guy doing refills without a scale? lol. If it is, I already have a few of his customers.