Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Wanting to redo the interior, need some color ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to redo the interior, need some color ideas.

Well I have a SOM 02 SS and now that I bought some headers and an exhaust I'm wanting to do a bit to the interior before I get my next mods (12 bolt then a cam). I absolutely love the look of billet and I'm planning on changing out damn near everything I can to it (AC vents, shifter ****, accent around gauges, ac control *****, pedals, etc). Unfortunately when it comes to color schemes I have absolutely no taste whatsoever, so I'm wondering what colors you guys think would look good on the interior to go along with the SOM and the billet. Thanks a lot!
Old 12-27-2005, 02:23 PM

black will look very good with that
Old 12-27-2005, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Yes, but I already have black, I'm looking for something a bit more interesting and unique. Nothing over the top or ricey, but I would like something a bit more interesting to spice it up a bit.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Launching!

I think if you did a color combination with the billet, black, and SOM it will look sweet, just dont overdue one color over the other.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you do, be careful which pieces you choose to change, because doing too much will look like someone threw up all over your interior.

Pick a few choice pieces. Say, some billet *****. Then pick a few accent pieces, and take them to a body shop to have them done in SOM. Leave some of the black dash pieces plain, to help tie it in with the rest of the interior (i.e. seats and carpet).
Old 12-27-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Change the "leather" and carpet on the door panel to orange. Maybe change the perforated inserts on the seats to orange. Although you can definetly go overboard on orange, and it will look kinda tacky and ricey. If that's too much orange for you, you could get all the stitching on your leather changed to orange, maybe get some orange monogrammed SS logos or something on the headrests and doors.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

I like these ideas a lot. I definitely want to keep it under control with the orange, just use accents like you guys are saying and a bit of billet. Couple of questions though:
1) how much would it cost to get these orange accents you guys are talking about?
2) which pieces should I change to bilet? I really wanna make sure I don't overdo it and turn it into rice crap, but I do want something unique.

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also be kinda choosey about your orange color. A more subtle burnt orange would look better than bright tangarine orange.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

This is my buddy's SOM TA. On the board as ShaneS

http://community.webshots.com/album/88595529irorqX
Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think you should do the door panels in orange. Any orange except SOM itself is going to clash, and it would be impossible to find precisely the right fabric. It would also be kind of 'loud' to have bright door panels as such. But if it is something you are interested in doing you only need to figure in the cost of fabric and some adhesive, you can tackle the project in a day.

I think I would skip reupholstering the seats. If anything I would go for a subtle 'SS' or 'camaro' embroidery on the top of the seat, in a color very close to SOM.

If it were my camaro...I would get billet pieces for the a/c ***** and headlight *****. I would get an aftermarket CD player that was silver in color, to match the *****. If I felt like I wanted to add some color, I would take the trim piece around the vents & headunit, the trim pieces around the door latch (it comes off without removing the whole door panel), the trim piece that goes around the actual vent on the passenger side, and probably call it a day after that. Maybe if I were to get a gauge pod, I would paint that, and maybe the trim bezel that surrounds the gauges. Whiteface gauges would also look slick, I love what they did for my car.

Just my .02 though.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

humount w/ trans am illuminated logo...if you wanted...
i think its humount.com..someone on here mght know...
Old 12-28-2005, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

I like how ShaneS vehicle looks, I'd definitely go with a much darker shade of orange personally, but I do like the final result. There's absolutely no way I'm going to do this at all though unless I find a color that matches nearly perfectly, I don't want the car to clash at all, it needs to all flow for me or I'm just gonna save the money until I find somewhere that does have the right color.

Quick Reply: Wanting to redo the interior, need some color ideas.