Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water temp guage

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default water temp guage

well my water temp guage is not working all the time, i used hp tuners to scan my car i went for a 15 min ride around the block and the scanner showed a temp that went from 160 to 192 and then back down, but on the other hand my inside guage in the dash worked for about 5 mins then the guage stopped working, its a 98 and has just started doing this. according to my scanner the ecm is getting a correct reading, but my guage inside is sometimes working and sometimes not. any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

98's are notorius for this...Well it's obviously between your ecm and your gauge OR it may be your sensor...Luckily I haven't had this problem yet and I'm switching to All autometer gauges...I would check your connections to everything and then go from there
Old 12-28-2005, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i checked the connections and they look good, if the sensor is going bad would the ecm get a correct reading and somehow the guage in the dash cluster not get reading due to a faulty temp sensor. or does the guage in the dash get its reading from the ecm or the sensor itself?