Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed with the mindset of LS1 "Fans"

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed with the mindset of LS1 "Fans"

Sup guys. I cant say that I was happy with the responses with the last post I wrote few days ago. I am not writing post because I want ppl to say wut I want to hear but the post I wrote totally went south. My last post was "Biggest argument between the muscle family" or somewut to that extent. It was a post about Mustangs vs. Camaro/TransAms. Alot of people started talking about the interior and have had some people that OWNED GM cars praise FORD. I was very shocked to see the mindset of these so called "GM Fans" I've had someone tell me indirectly that I was "dumb" because I have stated MY OWN opinon that I personally do NOT respect ford considering its an american maufacturer.
I have always thought and believed that FORD fans will ALWAYS be FORD fans. Doesnt matter if you have the cold cut facts in front of them, they will always believe that their FORD will prevail. I have always found that to be VERY foolish because of lack of research but their decision is their decision.

I dont know why people on this forum respect FORD. This is a LS1 TECH forum not a ford forum. And you can say wut u like about Ford but plz remember FORD will NEVER compare to GM. People who started talking about the interior about these cars are way in left field. I have always believed that sports cars are not for comfort but speed. Comfort is a bonus but should never be the decision maker when choosing a sports car.
And another thing...WHY DO PPL COMPARE LS1 TO COBRAS!?!?!? Im sry to disappoint u guys but its not in the same class. And if you think about it, the cobras are stock GT engines with a blower...WOW... and only putting out 390 hp? If you wanted to compare the Cobra to anything shouldn't it be compared to the Blackbird TransAm which does NOT have any forced induction or wut about the tom berger camaro? 380hp 400 ft lbs no forced induction. Why ppl dont compare "Cobras" to these cars? Because its rare and hard to find? Doesn't mean they dont exist. So since its so hard to find we just say screw it and compare it to a base SS or WS6? Thats pitiful. But really doesn't matter. Put a blower in a stock ss and see wut happens.
I really dont care who replies to this. Im tired of these lame replies from ppl who put up a front acting like they are GM fans.

"With Great Power comes Great Responsibilites" some of you dont want to take that responsibility.
I'll accept whatever you guys say because u are the "pros" of this forum if thats wut u want to be called but in reality...Most of you are all FORD washed.
Thanks for the time being and showing ur true colors.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

tell us how you really feel.....

Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here let me be blunt, and not inderect:

Many of us are muscle car lovers, not ignorant brand loyalists. If I get whooped by a 03 Cobra w/ mods, then obvioulsy I set the bar to low and need to set better goals. I wouldnt buy a Cobra, but thats not because I'm a bowtie fanatic. I respect american companies, because at the pace GM is going, my options will be ford or dodge for a new muscle car.

Yes I know this is a LS1 based forum, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn about other cars, about what type of power they make with mods, that maybe something about them is infact better than GM's. Because GM is far from perfect in many places, but the one thing they did do right, are the LS based engines.

Sorry for being open minded, I guess that makes me washed out by ford.....
Old 12-29-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what a pansy, so you don't like our opinions? Are you telling me I should be a blind GM loyalist for as long as I live because I own an LS1?

I respect both cars because they are both strong performing cheap cars that I'd love to own. LS1s are much faster, yes. The Mustang beats the F-body on many levels, maybe not performance wise, but I give credit where it's due. I will never loyally follow a brand just because I'm partial to it. I like to base my opinions on the facts in front of me. Stock for stock I'd take mt T/A over a 2v Mustang easily, but I respect other opinons and you should as well. I also bash Mustang GTs when it comes to performance because LS1s dominate them, and it's all in good fun because If I didn't get an F-body the Mustang would be second on my list and I wouldn't mind driving one at all.

And BTW, you're a hypocrite. You say you can never argue with a Ford fan even when presenting them with the facts but you're showing yourself to be an equally stubborn brand loyalist. And if you don't like my opinion eat me.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

You seem kind of uptight dude.
Lot of people are GM fans, but still like FORDs and other makes as well. We are car enthusiasts, and don't limit ourselves to one vehicle type. Sure, we have our favorite's, but are certainly open to other's. Mustang GT's, Mach 1's and Cobra's are great car's. Not as quick as the Ls1 from the factory maybe, but can shut down the majority of the car's it most likly will encounter on the street.
Import's? Why not? It's a personal preferance. If a guy want's to sink his time and money into a honda that may never see a 13 second time slip, but still think's his car is the bomb, GREAT!
Do you have a kid?
Isn't that kid the greatist one in the whole wide world?
Could anybody say anything that could change your mind about that?
No.
And that's the passion of this thing called LS-1 TECH.
A group of people that love LS-1's, but are not above offering help and advise to anyone regardless of what they drive.
Get to know people that drive other type's of performance car's. You will find that most are just like you. Maybe their car's not as fast, or maybe faster, who know's?
It's a lot more fun accepting other's then loathing them.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dannyz
Get to know people that drive other type's of performance car's. You will find that most are just like you. Maybe their car's not as fast, or maybe faster, who know's?
It's a lot more fun accepting other's then loathing them.
Exactly, we all have the same love, and the same goal (usually). Its like athletes who have friends on another team. On weekends, party it up together, be best buds, let your kids play together, whatever. But when it comes game time, they mean business.

This seems like a thread 777 will lock any minute.

/thread
Old 12-29-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by First_Transam
Sup guys. I cant say that I was happy with the responses with the last post I wrote few days ago. I am not writing post because I want ppl to say wut I want to hear but the post I wrote totally went south. My last post was "Biggest argument between the muscle family" or somewut to that extent. It was a post about Mustangs vs. Camaro/TransAms. Alot of people started talking about the interior and have had some people that OWNED GM cars praise FORD. I was very shocked to see the mindset of these so called "GM Fans" I've had someone tell me indirectly that I was "dumb" because I have stated MY OWN opinon that I personally do NOT respect ford considering its an american maufacturer.
I have always thought and believed that FORD fans will ALWAYS be FORD fans. Doesnt matter if you have the cold cut facts in front of them, they will always believe that their FORD will prevail. I have always found that to be VERY foolish because of lack of research but their decision is their decision.

I dont know why people on this forum respect FORD. This is a LS1 TECH forum not a ford forum. And you can say wut u like about Ford but plz remember FORD will NEVER compare to GM. People who started talking about the interior about these cars are way in left field. I have always believed that sports cars are not for comfort but speed. Comfort is a bonus but should never be the decision maker when choosing a sports car.
whats wrong with people praiseing ford on some things i mean sure this is a gm forum but lets not be as DENSE as you say the ford guys are there is no problem with discussing what some people may like about a different product everyone has their own oppinion without that we'd all be driving the same damn thing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people stating their personal oppinion but dont get pissed when some don't have the same oppinion as you do
Old 12-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Have to love morons.

A cobra is nowhere near a "GT with a blower". The longblocks in stock form can handle 750+rwhp and they are capable of running 11's right out of the box with a chip, pulley and exhaust.

Get over it.

I've had mustangs, LS1's, LT1's and everything in between. If its fast I like it. Every car has thier pro's and cons. Why you'd care enough to type up a whole post is beyond me.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow...dude, you are a hypocrite. mpe nailed it. if you dont like the fact that we're not hypnotic GM followers, tough ****. some here are, others arent. the ones that arent are the people that would take an LS1 and put into an RX7 with a 9" ford rear end (yes i said it, ford) and have the best of everything. if youre not willing to accept anything else as halfway decent, then youre gonna get smoked. i believe hitler had the same beliefs about Arians...ive owned both, and i liked my interior more in my stang, sorry people can make **** better than GM, welcome to the real world. i like the LS1 power plant better than a 4.6 SOHC, i like the rear end in the stang more, but i like the transmission in a GM. its ok to not like things but dont just not like it because its got a blue oval on it. thats retarded. that makes you one of the biggots exactly like the ford guys, only you wear a bowtie and give the rest of us a bad name. and i have ford friends that love my car and they have cars that can run with me. one friend has an 04 mach 1 and the other an 01 cobra. theyre nice cars and i like em. doesnt make me a traitor. it makes me an enthusiast. i can appreciate things for what they are and not look soely on brand loyalty. if two things are exactly the same, id take the GM, just a preference, but that doesnt make the person who chose the ford wrong. Grow Up and btw...no one is here to make you feel better, theyre here to help, and ifyou dont like it, tough.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 12-29-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Loctite this....get a life. So you cant sleep tonite...Im buying a Ford GT soon LOL, hahah! I will burn in LS1 hell!!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

btw, a fan might have a favorite team, but he knows when his team is gonna get beat and hopes for the best, a good fan doesnt chastise another team just for being another team, he likes his own more but that doesnt mean he thinks the other team is a worthless pile of pukes.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zymosis
Here let me be blunt, and not inderect:

Many of us are muscle car lovers, not ignorant brand loyalists. If I get whooped by a 03 Cobra w/ mods, then obvioulsy I set the bar to low and need to set better goals. I wouldnt buy a Cobra, but thats not because I'm a bowtie fanatic. I respect american companies, because at the pace GM is going, my options will be ford or dodge for a new muscle car.

Yes I know this is a LS1 based forum, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn about other cars, about what type of power they make with mods, that maybe something about them is infact better than GM's. Because GM is far from perfect in many places, but the one thing they did do right, are the LS based engines.

Sorry for being open minded, I guess that makes me washed out by ford.....
I couldn't have said it much better myself, except I would buy a Cobra and that's what I was planning on buying when I bought my TA. I've owned 2 Mustangs and a Chevelle SS before I bought the TA and loved them all. I like muscle/sports cars. The one way you can tell Ford is doing something better than GM is how many 05 Mustangs do you see on the road? How many 05 Firebirds or Camaros do you see? Get my drift? Now that I think about it, it's tough to stand behind a company that has dropped 2 such legendary names. But as a matter of fact that's one of the reasons I bought a TA (not to mention they are a blast to drive also). They are getting more and more rare everyday. As far as I know I own the only NBM WS6 in this area. And I like it like that.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Launching!

"With Great Power comes Great Responsibilites"
thanks for the pep talk uncle ben.I dont think spider man drove a gm
Old 12-29-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Wow.. If it's fast I like it. I have had a 94 Mitsubishi eclipse GSX, a 90 Eclipse GSX, and I recently bought my '01 SS. Because they are quite quick and can be made that way for a little amount of dough. But your all about the GM cars thats assembled in Canada, Ford is assembled in Mexico. The way things are now there truely isn't an american car. I have an Uncle that works for GM and is about to get laid off 6 months before his retirement because we all know how the higherups in GM like to listen to the consumer about making cars. As previously stated this site is about enthusiasts. Not just a bunch of blind loyalist following GM because its God.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I love my car but if a better car came around then so be it.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Naw, youre all wrong, Fords just suck. Im the man cuz i got an LS1.
This guy not only proved his point....he made some friends too.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Old 12-29-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96DubyaS-6
Naw, youre all wrong, Fords just suck. Im the man cuz i got an LS1.
This guy not only proved his point....he made some friends too.
Atleast you guys all stick together. Every person with a minority opinion needs somebody to stick with them. That way they can keep telling each other they are right.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

I for one wont ever own a ford, EVER. I dont have a problem with them I guess, I just see ugly cars with poor performance. But does that mean if I am sitting there at a gathering and a guys talking to me and mentions his Mustang Im not gonna walk away from him.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Launching!

This is an LS1 forum and I agree, screw ford. If you want a non biased forum go to cantwealljustgetalong.com