Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Volant Intake Reviews??!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Volant Intake Reviews??!!

I've combed these threads and haven't been able to find any reviews on the the volant intake. This intake looks like it would work a WHOLE lot better than the lids. It looks like it would take in alot more cold air. Here is a picture of it installed from their site. www.volantperformance.com
I know everyone loves the lids but if someone can lend an objective opinion on this it would be great. I'm not loyal to a brand (SLP) ...I'm loyal to my WS6!!
Attached Thumbnails No Volant Intake Reviews??!!-volantintake.jpg  
Old 12-30-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hear they are kick a$$. but they are pricey as hell. from what i also read it only works for like the SS and ram air WS6. i hear its pretty useless without some type of ram air setup like a normal z28 or a regular trans am.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, without the accomodation of a ram air hood, I dont think theyre better than a lid. With that said, I've ordered one to replace the lid on my WS6. I think it should work great, especially at highway speed since I'm going to remove the baffles inside the hood, and replace the honeycomb grills with the corner pieces from the BGRA. It'll be a straight shot of air to the filter.
Attached Thumbnails No Volant Intake Reviews??!!-bgra1.jpg   No Volant Intake Reviews??!!-bgra2.jpg  
Old 12-30-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah, and another thing i heard is cool bout the volant, is that when you punch it at wot.. you can hear the air getting sucked in...so you know it works..
Old 12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I used to have an slp lid before my volent on my formula (it has the ram air hood). I noticed much more of a gain witht he volent. I got mine used and it was pretty cheap 140. If you got the money for a volent I say get it. And if your worried about rain, don't be. It rained pretty hard here the last couple days and I drove around for hours. Checked the filters when I got home and they were dry. The volent also looks a lot better then a lid.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Teching In

I bought the Volant for my Camaro and although I thought it looked good I wasn't happy with the quality and fitment of it. I didn't care for how the whole thing mounted to the radiator support with just those two metal arms, I didn't like the gap left unfilled between the box and the plastic tube that connects the air filter to the MAF, and I didn't like how the plastic piece that sits on top of the radiator was warped in the kit I recieved. The warped part was probably just a fluke and the other stuff is personal preferece so take it for what it's worth. I ended up sending the kit back to the sponser I purchased it from and exchanged it for a K&N FIPK kit which I thought was a much better fitting kit. I'm not bashing the Volant, if it wasn't for the warped piece I might have kept it, I just wanted to share my experience.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

I have the Volant intake but can't really compare to stock b/c it came on the car. I think i'd get more use out of it if I had a ram air hood
Old 12-30-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

the camaro volant kit sucks see my other posts about it. (horrible flow problems)ive had it for 3 years) the TA version seems very nice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=volant
Old 12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Teching In

I have a volant on my ws6 and I love it. It gave a noticeable difference on the preformance. It also sounds bad *** when you rev from the air being sucked in. I would suggest getting one if you have a ws6.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have the volant. the filters got dirty real quick.
getting dirty quick means its working
Old 12-30-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS 2
the camaro volant kit sucks see my other posts about it. (horrible flow problems)ive had it for 3 years) the TA version seems very nice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=volant
That is because of the style of your hood...it works fine on my car
Old 12-31-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

acutally it has NOTHING to do with the hood. see the bottom post on the link i posted
Old 12-31-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

It looks bad *** and It works, i felt some power and a quiker respond. i got mine for 240 shipped new from ebay.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the inputs guys. I am one of the chosen few with the bad a$$ Ram Air hood so.... Im gonna go ahead and get this intake.
Happy New Year!!

Quick Reply: No Volant Intake Reviews??!!