Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GMR or GroundZero kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GMR or GroundZero kit?

What are the pro's and con's of each system. Which one is more complete? Any more info is appreciated. Thanks, Tim.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our kit comes totally complete with all hot and cold side piping, silicone pieces,BOV wastegate, turbo and intercooler. All tubing is made of 304 stainless. If you are installing it youself the installation is easy, just takes some patience on a weekend maybe with a friend helping, we do include very detailed installtion instructions and are always willing to walk you through any hard parts over the phone.
The kit retails for $3999, and takes from 2 -3 weeks for us to assemble and ship as the kits are put together on an as ordered basis.
If you have any other questions please feel free to post, PM, email to sales@gmrspeed.com, or call toll free at 866-899-4948.

Thanks,
Leo
Old 12-31-2005, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

For your kit GMR, running stock internals, what size turbo would you suggest i run for 6 psi reg basis and 8 psi once n a while? What will this net approx RWHP through stall A4 on 6 and 8 psi? Also how do you change the boost with your kit? Thanks. And for $4k do you get injectors and pump and everything needed minus install and tune? Thanks!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by Superman09
For your kit GMR, running stock internals, what size turbo would you suggest i run for 6 psi reg basis and 8 psi once n a while? What will this net approx RWHP through stall A4 on 6 and 8 psi? Also how do you change the boost with your kit? Thanks. And for $4k do you get injectors and pump and everything needed minus install and tune? Thanks!
Im pretty sure I pm'd you this info, but I would suggest running a 6psi on the street threw your A4. A t-61 or 67 will be fine, but your trans is going to be he limiting factor. For $3999.99 you get everything minus the fuel upgrades.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:44 PM
Launching!

Thanks, If I don't get another bike then I will most likely get your kit. Also, I will probably be running a basically stock motor. I realized that I will have to get valvesprings and probably pushrods. What else would you recommend besides that, the fuel system and a tune? Thanks again, Tim.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

what other items do you sugest buying along w/ your turbo kit, for a street car that only has a lid and cat back?
im thinking of going turbo, but i dont want to waste the little bit of $$ i have on parts
Old 12-31-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

For example the car in the vid on their site is a bone stock ls1 a4. So you don't HAVE to do anything major to run the kit. If you want to take advantage of the potential of what the turbo can offer then you would want to do a fuel system upgrade with a good tune and eventually upgrade your drivetrain and rearend.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

im puting in a ls7 clutch and the trans is being rebuilt by joe (cant decide if i want that mikronite stuft) and the next thing will prob be a 12 bolt. just geting ideas for power paths, n/a, turbo, or n20 or n20 and turbo, but i guess ill beef up the car so it will be able to handel the power im gonna put at it, when i decide witch path to take.

my goal, an 11sec dd
Old 01-01-2006, 11:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yep your right. i have the info. I have been trying to figure out what i want for a while now and cant remember who sends me what. Thanks though. Right now your kit is whats catching my eye the most. I have no idea what these would run at the track but... Would you say a full weight, minor suspension, drag radial stalled A4 on like 6 psi could hit 11's? What about on 8psi? And on 6 psi were looking at about 400-415 rwhp and close to 500 on 8 psi?Thanks a lot. Hopefully my tranny will hold. Like the say, Why fix something that isnt broke" so we'll wait til i grenade mine to build it. Thanks for all your help.

Old 01-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by Superman09
Yep your right. i have the info. I have been trying to figure out what i want for a while now and cant remember who sends me what. Thanks though. Right now your kit is whats catching my eye the most. I have no idea what these would run at the track but... Would you say a full weight, minor suspension, drag radial stalled A4 on like 6 psi could hit 11's? What about on 8psi? And on 6 psi were looking at about 400-415 rwhp and close to 500 on 8 psi?Thanks a lot. Hopefully my tranny will hold. Like the say, Why fix something that isnt broke" so we'll wait til i grenade mine to build it. Thanks for all your help.

Well as for the 11's ...I cant say, we have been able to get one of our kits to the track. The one on our site went 12.4 112 bone stock. He's putting a stall and a few susspension mods on the car and we will see what is does. With the 5psi we hit over 500rwt, but kept blowing threw the trans. So we had to detune it to make it streetable for the trans(everyday driver). With 8psi I would upgrade the trans if you can ,b/c your going to have over 500rwhp.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Alright thanks! Sounds good!

Old 01-01-2006, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

whats needed w/ a turbo kit to get to a low 11
Old 01-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Suspended Sponsor

The car that we had at the track was also runnig 2.73 gears. With a properly setup suspension, stall convertor [for A4 cars], a good gear and a sticky tire, mid - low 11's is feasable.

42# injectors and a 255 lph pump are needed to run the kit. We do not include this with the kit as alot of people have already made fuel upgrades of at least the fuel pump.

A set of valve springs and hardened pushrods are also recommended to eliminate the possibility of valve float or even bending a stock pushrod.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

GMR, I read somewhere that you guys offer upgrades to this kit such as larger turbos. I have not been able to find a list of upgrades and prices though. Can you please post up a list? I am very interested in your kit, but fear I will outgrow that small t61 very quickly. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by Lostpatrolman
GMR, I read somewhere that you guys offer upgrades to this kit such as larger turbos. I have not been able to find a list of upgrades and prices though. Can you please post up a list? I am very interested in your kit, but fear I will outgrow that small t61 very quickly. Thanks.
Yes ...im updating the wesite as we speak. Check it shortly. Will be prices soon. Thanks Joel

Quick Reply: GMR or GroundZero kit?