I need legal advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I need legal advice.

I posted pics over a month ago about my brother backing into me. Well the car had been back and fourth this whole time because they cant give me a paintjob with out having trash in it or it flaking off from too many layers. They also scratched up the side of the sail panel broke the ws6 badge again.

Today I pick it up (6th time) and theres still trash in the paint so deep that they couldn’t sand threw, a new dent in the same quarter, side marker lights still aren’t hooked up, and huge deep ripples in the paint on the bumper. THIS is the thing that REALLY pisses me off, some one put 10 miles on MY f(cking car!! I took a picture with my camera phone of the mileage when I dropped it off. Now, I live clear on the other side of College Station, 15 min. away from this place, I checked, it was a 11 mile drive. So where the hell did this bastard take my car? And why?

I am totally exhausted from all of this ****. I want to know what legal options I have. Its too late tonight to call a lawyer so I thought id get some help from you guys. And, would a lawyer even do me any good against a big insurance company like progressive?

Thanks for reading and your help, Josh.

BTW this has all taken place at Oscars and sons in College Station.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that sucks man. i'd probably lose it if something like that happened to me, and i'd be the one in jail.

i wouldn't even know where to begin, except for talking to a lawyer, or maybe the better business bureau.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Should i just go ahead and file a complaint with the BBB? And who should I file it against? progressive or Oscars and sons? Or both.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks man...hope you get it worked out
Old 01-04-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

File a complaint with the BBB. Did your insurance make you go to this guy, if they did tell them that the work is sub par and will not be acceptable for repair. then ask for a second shop to go to, and tell them that need not pay the first shop, they will probably investigate, but it might end up without you paying a second deductible.

Look up John T. Quinn, We use him in the sports car club and haven't been let down by him. I think he might be in bryan.

Good luck,
Josh
Old 01-04-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

progressive aggreed to have it repainted at a shop of my choice. I took it to Henley's and mike henley said that the bumper cover has been ruined by the previouse shop and it will never look right unless replaced. Oscars and sons stripped the paint down to the plastic and in doing so left deep cuts all ver it. They used a razor to get the paint out of the pontiac inlayed part and removed little peices of plastic all around the lettering.progressive sais there not going to replace it (even though it was there shop that screwed it up and it was perfect before they got it) because the bumper cover was replaced durring repairs before I purchased the car.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Curveball TECH

Sounds like you brother is gonna be paying for some new parts.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

What body shop screwed up your car so bad? We need to spread the word.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

11 added miles to your car? Thats straight up AUTO THEFT(Un authorized use of a personal vehicle) I would tell them to either fix it, or your gonna press charges, and file with the BBB, and consumer agencys. Stick it to em' man! Let us know how it goes