Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I find GMMG mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find GMMG mufflers

I have looked in the sponser section and have had no luck was woundering where I could find theese. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont believe the mufflers are sold by themselves...i think it comes as a cat back
Old 01-03-2006, 09:58 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same as the exhaust tips.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

http://www.gmmginc.net/
Old 01-03-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can only buy them from GMMG, GMMG or GMMG.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

pff.. you guys... you forgot www.stainlessworks.net

same chambered muffler.. summitracing.com sell the same SW muflers but for $1 less..
Old 01-03-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

well... stainlessworks has a very similar system, made of 304 stainless and i believe it has a 3.5 inch I-pipe... also... doesn't the GMMG just use old school chambered pipes... a number of different outfits make varieties of those... like http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html and sweet thunder and stainlessworks...
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KiLLJ0Y92Z28
pff.. you guys... you forgot www.stainlessworks.net

same chambered muffler.. summitracing.com sell the same SW muflers but for $1 less..

The SW catback is similar, but not the same. A different I pipe, and different chambered mufflers.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
well... stainlessworks has a very similar system, made of 304 stainless and i believe it has a 3.5 inch I-pipe... also... doesn't the GMMG just use old school chambered pipes... a number of different outfits make varieties of those... like http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html and sweet thunder and stainlessworks...

those are not the same... i believe GMMG and stainlessworks use perforated cores.. the one you posted use lovured cores that inhibit airflow. this is what it should look like. here is a picture
Attached Thumbnails Where can I find GMMG mufflers-ultraflobullet.jpg  

Last edited by KiLLJ0Y92Z28; 01-03-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So GMMG mufflers out flow Sweet Thunders? How much power is normally gained from GMMG cat-back in a stock car?

Sorry for kinda using the thread,
didn't want to start another "shorty" thread
Old 01-04-2006, 04:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cumbias
So GMMG mufflers out flow Sweet Thunders? How much power is normally gained from GMMG cat-back in a stock car?
About the same as any other cat back, the biggest restriction in the stock exhaust is the headers, the CATS and the Y pipe. By changing the cat back section of the exhaust is removing what is not currently a restriction. However, if you upgrade all the above and leave the stock cat back in place it will then become the restriction.

In reality, if you see 2-5bhp from a cat back you have done quite well. What you should notice is the illusion of increased power due to the increased noise. Throttle response may also be slightly better.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
About the same as any other cat back, the biggest restriction in the stock exhaust is the headers, the CATS and the Y pipe. By changing the cat back section of the exhaust is removing what is not currently a restriction. However, if you upgrade all the above and leave the stock cat back in place it will then become the restriction.

In reality, if you see 2-5bhp from a cat back you have done quite well. What you should notice is the illusion of increased power due to the increased noise. Throttle response may also be slightly better.
I disagree. The stock catback IS a restriction even when everything else is stock. That's why you gain so much hp with just a catback swap. Magnaflow's dyno testing shows 18rwhp on a STOCK car, with only a catback swap. I also don't agree that the stock Y is a restriction. The cats yes, but there are many dyno's of just swapping in the SLP piping and nothing changes on the dyno. I've even seen negative dyno gains with just a y-pipe swap(not cats incl.).
Old 01-09-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think 300 has the more correct statement. The cat-back swap adds power because it reliefs some of the restriction. Its like having a water hose with several knots, if u undo the knots closest to the end than the ones closer to the faucet, more water will flow out but theres still going to be alot of restriction, if the knots closer to the faucet are undone rather than the ones closer to the end, again more water will flow out but still some restriction will be there.
So both of you guys are correct but the way I see it, you have to add a full exhaust(headers, cats, Y-pipe, I-pipe, cat-back) To get a larger gain.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:20 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KiLLJ0Y92Z28
those are not the same... i believe GMMG and stainlessworks use perforated cores.. the one you posted use lovured cores that inhibit airflow. this is what it should look like. here is a picture
The pic attatched in this post is exactly what bullets look like on the inside.......... in case anybody was wondering
Old 01-09-2006, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cumbias
I think 300 has the more correct statement. The cat-back swap adds power because it reliefs some of the restriction. Its like having a water hose with several knots, if u undo the knots closest to the end than the ones closer to the faucet, more water will flow out but theres still going to be alot of restriction, if the knots closer to the faucet are undone rather than the ones closer to the end, again more water will flow out but still some restriction will be there.
So both of you guys are correct but the way I see it, you have to add a full exhaust(headers, cats, Y-pipe, I-pipe, cat-back) To get a larger gain.

What makes you say this? Catbacks don't add 2-5 bhp...it's alot more than that. In fact they are dyno proven to add alot more than 2-5rwhp. Also 300 bhp/ton said the y-pipe is a significant restriction and the catback isn't??? Thats backwards. What did 300 say that is more correct than what I've said. Everything I've said is supported by fact, not fancy words. Also, I understand what you are saying about the restriction's closer to the motor, but I don't care if the Y pipe is closer to the motor than the catback. The catback is still MUCH more of a restriction than the Y-pipe. This has been proven many times.

Last edited by Redneck Z; 01-09-2006 at 12:44 PM.