Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ET Performance Cylinder Heads

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ET Performance Cylinder Heads

I'm thinking of ordering a set of ET Performance 245cc cylinder heads for my 427. Does anyone have any reviews on these heads? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other than that they kick total *** and you have to wait around a few weeks and/or months to get a pair, that's the concensus.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Search the dyno section. There's a few reviews on there smaller cc heads. Not many have any of the 240+ heads yet, so numbers will be few and far between.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Search the dyno section. There's a few reviews on there smaller cc heads. Not many have any of the 240+ heads yet, so numbers will be few and far between.
I just realized you have the 265 heads, did you dyno before and after with them?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quick...Beast96z's motor isn't built yet....HPE is still waiting for the 11* pistons for his motor and mine
Old 01-05-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm actually still waiting on them. They should show up any day now. I'm actually waitng for the UPS man to drive by. Ronan, did Erik ever give you a time frame on your pistons?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Banned

well, i went down there on 10/15 and he called a guy at Wiseco that day while i was sitting there and that guy had to send him a mock piston to check some stuff out with. after that point it was supposed to be 4-8 weeks on the pistons, everything else is down there with Erik as far as i know.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427 ls1 c5
I'm thinking of ordering a set of ET Performance 245cc cylinder heads for my 427. Does anyone have any reviews on these heads? Thanks in advance.
Yeah, but not until maybe July of this year.

j/k!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Veteran

why does it take so long to make these parts; pistons and heads?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Veteran

The pistons in my application had to be made because the 265cc heads have a offset intake valve. The valve relief in a normal piston wouldn't match up, and if my cam was big enough to get into the reliefs, it would cause contact. ET had to send in a head so Wiesco could scan the chamber and program there machine for this new piston top design. Then they have to tool up and have the pistons cut to spec. As for the heads, ET wasn't expecting the demand to jump up so quickly, and obviously neither were their parts vendors. Once they get recovered on one part, another comes up short. Once they get their demand lined out, the wait shouldn't be near as bad.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Collections Hold

Default yup

yes, what he said.

Making a cylinder head is not the hardest part. making a good cylinder head as a complete assembly is. Lining up parts, making corrections when something was overlooked. Filling backorders first is the biggest holdup on new orders. I figured we would sell 100 heads right away, in a month or so.
Well it was about four times that in less than a month. I would like everyone to have our heads, but I understand if someone cannot wait, there are other manufacturers. Not to mention, we have a 215, 225, 245, 255, 265, C5R, Ls7 small and big bore, and our canted valve version. Most avalible with all the different bore sizes and a wide range of chamber volumes, and are all completely cnc ported. That takes a lot of programming time and most of all a lot of machine time. We also manufacture a Viper cylinder head and cnc port all of those plus about 40 other kinds of cylinder heads too. We have three high end five axis machines and a four axis machine. We need about four more five axis machines and a couple of production pallet machines and we will be set. It can't happen overnight like I want it to, but soon it will and we will be set. I wish everyone could actually see the process in person. It is not as simple as a plactic injection mold or as easy as porting a throttle body. But I know that is our problem and not the customer's. But when a person makes a statement on this board about how much our cylinder heads cost, remember, when there is millions of dollars invested to build this kind of a product and over a million dollars to man up machines and to cover the shop, it does not give us a good reason to give parts away.

in a nutshell, it is not as easy and the net makes it out to be.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Canted valve head??? What canted valve head?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
Canted valve head??? What canted valve head?
It's there new release. Here's the thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=canted+valve
Old 01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

wow, that is the first i have heard about their canted valve stuff...kinda makes my little ole 11* stuff seem puny. has there been any pricing released for the canted stuff yet?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by cary et performance
yes, what he said.

Making a cylinder head is not the hardest part. making a good cylinder head as a complete assembly is. Lining up parts, making corrections when something was overlooked. Filling backorders first is the biggest holdup on new orders. I figured we would sell 100 heads right away, in a month or so.
Well it was about four times that in less than a month. I would like everyone to have our heads, but I understand if someone cannot wait, there are other manufacturers. Not to mention, we have a 215, 225, 245, 255, 265, C5R, Ls7 small and big bore, and our canted valve version. Most avalible with all the different bore sizes and a wide range of chamber volumes, and are all completely cnc ported. That takes a lot of programming time and most of all a lot of machine time. We also manufacture a Viper cylinder head and cnc port all of those plus about 40 other kinds of cylinder heads too. We have three high end five axis machines and a four axis machine. We need about four more five axis machines and a couple of production pallet machines and we will be set. It can't happen overnight like I want it to, but soon it will and we will be set. I wish everyone could actually see the process in person. It is not as simple as a plactic injection mold or as easy as porting a throttle body. But I know that is our problem and not the customer's. But when a person makes a statement on this board about how much our cylinder heads cost, remember, when there is millions of dollars invested to build this kind of a product and over a million dollars to man up machines and to cover the shop, it does not give us a good reason to give parts away.

in a nutshell, it is not as easy and the net makes it out to be.
I'm one of the ones waiting on heads. You seem to understand our end too. I understand your end. We just have high expectations on your heads and are excited to get them. I know you want to sell as many heads as you can why the market is hot, thats your business. We all have to be understanding of each other. Now send my heads out!! lol Thanks, Andy Essary.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cary et performance
yes, what he said.

Filling backorders first is the biggest holdup on new orders. I figured we would sell 100 heads right away, in a month or so.
Well it was about four times that in less than a month.
So whats the current lead time. The 4-6 weeks I was quoted back in November seems like it'll slip...still looks like guys who've been waiting months are still waiting
Old 01-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Restricted User

Guys, from my own experience with the 225 11* ETP Heads, the wait will be well worth it in the long run. I am loving the new setup and soon will have the dyno and track times, just need to sort out a little tune issue, get some sticky *** tires to hold this beast to the asphalt and we'll be good.

Charlie
Old 01-06-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ronan
wow, that is the first i have heard about their canted valve stuff...kinda makes my little ole 11* stuff seem puny. has there been any pricing released for the canted stuff yet?
Serious race pieces. About $7K a set.

The first ones are mine, right Cary?

Ed
Old 01-06-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

I will tell you this. G-Force loves these heads. I`ve got a set of 245`s ordered for my 408. With all said, I`m willing to wait. Everyone that has gotten a set love them. From there web site they flow awsome. I can`t wait to see how my 408 runs with them. I have high expectations for these heads. I trully feel ETP with shine in the end. For the comment while they are hot. I believe they will always be hot. Good heads for the price are hard to find. ETP has them all across the board. I just thank G-Force for telling me to get them. Good Luck with Growing ETP!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

The shop I bought a set through has one there (for the owner's car) and they are definately badass...thats why I ordered a set...just hope to have them before race season starts

Quick Reply: ET Performance Cylinder Heads