Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of my car, as if you guys cared =p (56k no)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my car, as if you guys cared =p (Suggestions yes, 56k no)

Long time no see, not that any of you really knew me. I posted in the stereo forums about a year back, and that's about it. I got a digital camera for Christmas though, and figured I'd drop some pics on ya.

These were taken a couple of days after I washed it, and after a long highway drive, so it has some bugs on the front. =\ Nothin special anyway. V6, ground effects, grill is painted to match the car. Used to have darker tint, but got pulled over for it and had to reduce it. =( Also as you'll see in the last pic, I've got a horrible case of the grimey headlight disease that seems to plague our cars. I attempted the remedy described in the sticky on my left headlight (right in the pics), but had to put my light back in to go somewhere before I finished the job. I also wasn't using the polish mentioned in the sticky, just some I picked up at an autoparts store. Probably wasn't doing as good of a job. Suggestions welcome!

Last edited by TtamNedlog; 01-15-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

This is LS1tech bud. lol jk
Old 01-13-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

you have no tag???????
Old 01-13-2006, 11:20 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

You a cop?

Clean car man
Old 01-13-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheredid you get that rear bumper?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah yeah, I know it's a crummy V6. Don't hate. =p I'm in my fourth year of college. Back in high school when I graduated and got the car, my dad said he would have gotten me an SS if I had went to a local college the first two years. Wish I would have taken him up on that. =\

Silver02TA: Yeah, you haven't seen that bumper kit? Somehow I haven't got pulled over yet..... Heh, just kidding. I was photoshopping the tag out when I thought "why not make it look like I never had a tag at all, instead of just scribbling over it?" I didn't think I pulled it off that well, but maybe I did. =p

And no, I'm not a cop. The picture was taken at my aunt's house, she lives across the street from one. Thanks, it could stand to be cleaner. I wouldn't mind having a billet grill or some new headlights, if I can't polish them up well enough.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:31 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice V6 man. Probly the cleanest ive seen in a while.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

Question: A friend of mine says I should lose the ground effects. You guys got any opinions on that? Even if I did, would they just come right off or would there be some sort of paint damage or stains underneath them?
Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Man, after floating around these forums for a day or two, I find myself itching to make a few aesthetic improvements (cuz that's generally cheaper/easier than performance, plus I've got a stock v6 so why mess with what little I have to work with). Here's what I've got planned!

-removing side molding
-finish polishing headlights (ordered the Novus polish)
-attempt to polish the wheels
-possibly remove ground effects
-detail it

I think I would like the look of the car without the ground effects, but I'm not sure if the car would look too high. You guys think I would be better off leaving the ground effects on there if I'm not going to lower the car?

I'm going to order one of those PC DA polishers, and probably some Menzerna polishes with some Zaino to finish it off (been lookin around, they sound like they're good stuff). I'm not sure how much these efforts will show on a white car, but I've got swirl marks and I'm sick of them. So at least I should notice a difference.

Anything additional $.02?
Old 01-15-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

fillin in the CAMARO with some black paint or the fill in's.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

the car needs accents its way to plain.I dont like white cars unless the have accent colors
Old 01-15-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like it, u gotta start somewhere. i think u should take off ur white grille, put a black billet grille in, do the whistler mod, but in white not black. clean up those headlights, get some rear fill ins, and remove side molding. thats a good start
Old 01-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Staging Lane

Wow, a friend of mine just told me some insane news. He said his uncle could give me a paint job of my choice, and would only charge me labor for about $200. This opens up a billion options for me. My car might not even be white for much longer!

Anything I should know before getting a paint job? I heard painting it a color other than it's original color lowers resale value, but I don't see why/how.

Also what's a whistler mod? I've seen lots of talk about it on these forums, but a search didn't bring up any results on how to actually DO it.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

Whistler mod is when you back your headlights and seperate them thn paint the inside of the housing.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

Paint it what? What purpose does that serve? Any pics?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM

what color would you paint the car
Old 01-16-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TtamNedlog
Question: A friend of mine says I should lose the ground effects. You guys got any opinions on that? Even if I did, would they just come right off or would there be some sort of paint damage or stains underneath them?
They should come right off. Personally I'd ditch them. They look cheap in my opinion. I like the rest of the car though.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarossman88
what color would you paint the car
Not sure, I don't know anything about getting paint jobs. Is there anything I should know before having it done?

I'm having a hard time deciding on a color. I think I've eliminated silver and white, but that still leaves a lot of options lol. I really like Z28-CTYHNTR's color, here: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...03684121ikndNk He said that's the Monterey Maroon Metallic, but it looks different than the other maroon camaro's I've seen, it seems more purple to me. Black's always a winner too.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

I say lose the ground efx before you paint it and take the grill off and fill the holes it leaves.I actually prefer sivler ss though.just make it look like a ss
Old 01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

wOOt! For another V6. Car looks clean man. Clean up those headlights and get that baby some mods.

Quick Reply: Pics of my car, as if you guys cared =p (56k no)