Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Well I'm back for good!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Well I'm back for good!

So I haven't contributed much lately (not that I ever really contribute) But I've been really torn what to do with my Z06, came really close to selling it even selling off most of mods including sniff sniff the headers. As I'm boxing up the headers my wonderful wife asks me what the hell am I doing? She then proceeds to tell me I worry too much and I should keep my car its the one thing I really spoil myself with and I deserve it (not too mention she loves it too)

So baring any problems with my job or wife,and babies health I will be keeping the vette. Just picked up a TNT kit as well as the ET street wheel setup from Mr. Munch. With that and a linelock I hope to finally break into the 11's **** if that doesn't work I'm going to have to hire a driver....somehow I'm sure I can find someone local for cheap!!!

I'm going to have a son in June so that is obviously my first concern but do plan on getting out for a few weekends for some racing, and hopefully a trip up to Seattle.

Look forward to a fun summer and will definately have to make it up to Seattle to check out some rides. Everyones car's are just incredible I can't wait to check them out!!!

So Roberts been helping me with the nitrous side but I maybe asking some stupid questions about tuning again really soon

Bobby
Old 01-26-2006, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see ya back bobby! Glad you have a wife with your passions in mind as well too.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rookiels1
Glad to see ya back bobby! Glad you have a wife with your passions in mind as well too.
So Josh what the hell are you going to do? That car was a sad sight.. I was speechless. You going to stay with the LSX world or move on to something else?
Old 01-27-2006, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Glad to hear you are keeping your Z06 Bobby! But if you ever decide to sell it let me have first dibs.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:25 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Bobby! Congratulations on your future son! Screw NOS, I just installed a twin turbo kit into a customers 2002 Z06 and it ripped off 511 RWHP on my dyno a couple weeks ago. This was a stock bottom end with just shorty headers and the stock Ti cat back and the stock CATs! Talk about a screamer you should here this thing run on the dyne.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
So Josh what the hell are you going to do? That car was a sad sight.. I was speechless. You going to stay with the LSX world or move on to something else?

Tuesday or Wednesday I should be heading up to Mt. Vernon and picking up Bill's (Racehead's) 2001 WS6 Loan got approved last tuesday and I have the money from the property damage settlement in the bank for a down payment. So to answer your question hell yes I'm staying in the LSX world
Old 01-27-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tjwong
Hey Bobby! Congratulations on your future son! Screw NOS, I just installed a twin turbo kit into a customers 2002 Z06 and it ripped off 511 RWHP on my dyno a couple weeks ago. This was a stock bottom end with just shorty headers and the stock Ti cat back and the stock CATs! Talk about a screamer you should here this thing run on the dyne.
LOL I saw that on another thread I think in the corvette forum. Yes FI is the ultimate goal for the car and that STS kit is looking better and better. All the good with very little negative!

The nitrous kit I got for a screaming deal I can use it for a couple of years and easily sell it for what I paid. If I had an extra 7k I'd be all over a turbo kit!! But for now I'll have to go with the Ghetto Nitrous kit

If I ever get off my *** and fix my pcv issues I'll be making an appointment on that dyno!

Bobby
Old 01-27-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rookiels1
Tuesday or Wednesday I should be heading up to Mt. Vernon and picking up Bill's (Racehead's) 2001 WS6 Loan got approved last tuesday and I have the money from the property damage settlement in the bank for a down payment. So to answer your question hell yes I'm staying in the LSX world

Dude that is sweet that is a hello of a car!!! Congrats man that is too cool. I'm sure Bill is happy to sell it to someone that will appreciate it as well!!

Bobby
Old 01-27-2006, 01:48 AM
12 Second Club

Dude that is sweet that is a hello of a car!!! Congrats man that is too cool. I'm sure Bill is happy to sell it to someone that will appreciate it as well!!

Bobby
Thanks I'm excited and I'm gonna take damn good care of it.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

Congrats Bobby - that is good to hear. I'm sure myself or Mike would happily pilot that beast down the track for ya if you need someone to do it.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats, damn glad your wife was thinking. I dont want to have the only slow car.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:05 AM
12 Second Club

Nice to see you back.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

you left?

Old 01-27-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nathan
you left?

I guess not entirely But came very close to owning a Tahoe or something instead of the vette. As it is my "mod fever" will have to chill for awhile.

I saw a black Goat yesterday I was wondering if that was you!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Rockin C Racing
Congrats Bobby - that is good to hear. I'm sure myself or Mike would happily pilot that beast down the track for ya if you need someone to do it.
Thanks! Hey you going to have the Z running this year or are you going to be a biker dude again for the summer
Old 01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks! Hey you going to have the Z running this year or are you going to be a biker dude again for the summer
Currently the Z is still running, but I have another set of heads that need to be installed and some other work. I plan on having it out sometime this summer but won't be ready when the track opens. And yes I will still be racing that bike too. I like running 9's on the bike
Old 01-27-2006, 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!!

FWIW, I think we've all gone through our spells of absenteeism (is that even a word lol...?) at some point or another.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
Nice!!

FWIW, I think we've all gone through our spells of absenteeism (is that even a word lol...?) at some point or another.

Yeah yours was the longest I think I think I'm more excited about your project than the ones I have in the mix! Yes that is a word not sure if you spelled it right. **** you'd think with the non alcholic beer you drink you'd have more brain cells left over to know this ****!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

I guess not entirely But came very close to owning a Tahoe or something instead of the vette. As it is my "mod fever" will have to chill for awhile.

I saw a black Goat yesterday I was wondering if that was you!
if you were over here in hillsboro, it might've been

i passed by your place last week though (went out there to get the cutouts installed)

you need to hear them.
seriously.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah yours was the longest I think I think I'm more excited about your project than the ones I have in the mix! Yes that is a word not sure if you spelled it right. **** you'd think with the non alcholic beer you drink you'd have more brain cells left over to know this ****!
Ouch,,, that NA beer was an accident.....! I knew I should have just grabbed that bottle of KC on my way out the door. And you have no business correcting my spelling buddy. At least I know how to spell the city I live in. "Portlan, OR" lol.... you funny!!

Quick Reply: Well I'm back for good!