Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Has Anyone Tried the Flitz system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has Anyone Tried the Flitz system?

Saw this thing on tv and tried to order one, but had my old card with the expired 3-digit# on the back, so it never came. I was wondering if it worked as good as they say it does, and got into the small tight areas of the wheel, or if it just sucked.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also, if you have, did you have better results with their polish or something else?
Old 01-30-2006, 02:13 AM
Restricted User

My friend has it. Used it on some crusty looking ProStars and they came out looking like new, very nice setup. I will be looking to be getting the Flitz, and since he is a local dealer (Hawaii) makes it that much easier. I can only compare to hand polishing, and the Flitz is way easier, just as beautiful of an outcome if not better.

Charlie
Old 01-30-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I guess if he's a dealer, he's gotta believe in it. I've got TTII's and it's aggravating trying to get into all the tight spots, and the outside always shines better than the spokes and center caps. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll order again.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:56 AM
On The Tree

I have used Flitz before and I must say I wasnt at all impressed with it. if you want something simple to use I would go with Mothers. Either the mag and aluminum or the billet. I would recommend the billet over the mag. The shine is a tad brighter. If its still dull try wet sanding it with 1500 then 2000. That should work perfectly.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:08 PM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

I have the flitz pack it works pretty good but not as good as the mothers buff ball it seems like the flitz buff ball is too stiff and dosent get into all the tight spaces that the mothers ball dose....
Old 01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Really? I had one of those before I tried to order the flitz but my dog ate it. I was as always hoping to find the better answer to polishing wheels, but I was afraid that it was like so many other things that I have ordered off of tv and been disappointed in.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

mothers powerball sucks! 25 dollars and the ******* thing falls apart, 2 uses is about it. Flitz looks interesting for sure.

J
Old 01-31-2006, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of going with Mothers since I found it at Wal-Mart for under $20.00 bucks. I too also saw the Flitz add on T.V. and have to say I am thinking about this product aswell.

For those who have either what is the type of drill that you use? Should I get a 24v or something else?
Old 01-31-2006, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Any drill will work
Old 01-31-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

When I had the powerball, I wound up using a plain 120V drill because it ran my DeWalt flat after about a wheel and a half.

I didn't know that WalMart was carrying the powerball now either, and under $20 is an improvement from what I paid.

I'm always looking for any product that can result in less cleaning time and more driving time, and I have to say that the Porter Cable DA polisher that I saw on here earlier caught my attention. That would beat hand waxing an entire car for sure!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome KY neighbor!! I just noticed where you were from, I'm just right down the road. I would try and wet sand them, then polish using mag polish or some stuff called Wenol, that stuff works pretty good.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

I have the Flitz and it is ok. Make sure before you actually use that drill attachment to clean the wheel the best you can. Get as much of the brake dust off as you can. This way the drill attachemtn piece will not turn black on you.

I have not used the Flitz cleaner, but rather I bought a bottle of 'Way 2EZ' or something like that from Thunder Racing to clean my TTII's. That stuff is awesome. I have tried everything else to clean them, and this stuff works great. $20 for a bottle.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

That sounds good, I'll have to check into Thunder Racing's website. And like my Ky neighbor said, Wenol does work pretty good. I've had best results out of it with the powerball on Welds, and the ones that I polished were about gone. They had been exposed to the weather sitting on a non-mobile LeMans I had for about three or four years.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

where can you pick up wenols?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Got mine a local shop, but searched it up.

http://www.wenol-polish.com/

Just make sure to use it in the right order, they told me wrong when I bought it. Got pissed off bc it wasn't working good, then read the directions. Never used the wheel wax with it though.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Got mine a local shop, but searched it up. They have an official site where you can order it, PM me if you can't find it, not sure if I'm supposed to list it here.

Just make sure to use it in the right order, they told me wrong when I bought it. Got pissed off bc it wasn't working good, then read the directions. Never used the wheel wax with it though.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the can the same as the tube and did you just by step 1 and2 with good results?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AncientRgn
I have used Flitz before and I must say I wasnt at all impressed with it. if you want something simple to use I would go with Mothers. Either the mag and aluminum or the billet. I would recommend the billet over the mag. The shine is a tad brighter. If its still dull try wet sanding it with 1500 then 2000. That should work perfectly.
so its safe to wet sand draglites with 1500-2000? then polish? thanks

-Tommy
Old 02-01-2006, 05:23 AM
TECH Resident

Had to log in for this one...

That wenol stuff looks just like a tube of Autosol which I just got over here to polish my ZR1s with... (I recently moved to Europe). In the Florida sun I tried Mothers and Eagle one and they seemed about the same, nothing too great, and I was doing it all by hand so I was looking for a better solution... I wanted to try the mothers power ball but never had the chance to because of the long process of moving overseas.

Last week it was finally warm enough (all though still about 0 degrees) to polish my wheels, so I ended up getting out my 120 v buffer and using the generator to power it (still havent got a transformer for European to US volts), polished the spokes and what I could get of the dish and lips with it. Then I did the rest by hand, and with Autosol the rest came out pretty good by hand, in my opinion alot better than with mothers or such.

I was at first not going to use the Autosol product because it says "safe on all metals", and that didnt really make since because products use for Chrome and other metals usually contain small amounts of acid in them, which can damage the polish... But after researching online beause the box was in German, I ended up trying it...

I still want to find a drill polishing bit to get in between the spaces next time, and Autosol is also supposed to, according to user comments, keep a polish on for a long time (I read of people not having to polish motorcycle rims for years and they still looked new).