Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Corvette & HIgh Performance Swap meet Feb 11th & 12th

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette & HIgh Performance Swap meet Feb 11th & 12th

For those who need parts for your car or just want to see if you cant find that Special part. or just want to see what you can find.

Its at the Puyallup Fair grounds this weekend
Saturday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Admission is $8.00.

You can park in the blue gate parking lot & get in that way.

One thing they have changed this year is NO FOR SALE signs on cars in the parking lots of the fair grounds.

They have also opened it up to Venders for Ford & Mopar also NON Automotive venders. So there is things for the ladies to do like Mary Kay, Scrapbooking ECT.......

I will be there this saturday Morning Manning My clubs booth & walking around seeing if I cant find stuff for my car that afternoon.

Hope to see ya there
Old 02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

I'll be there the 11th...............I plan on hitting PR on the 12th. I'll try to come find you and say hi! I'll try to drag my wife out too.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Kewl I will be around most of the day.

My husband has to work at about 8pm that night (they have him working 12s right now for a couple weeks) so We will be leaving about 1 or so.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Kewl I will be around most of the day.

My husband has to work at about 8pm that night (they have him working 12s right now for a couple weeks) so We will be leaving about 1 or so.
Don't you have a booth or something? Or are you just going to shop/hang out?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Don't you have a booth or something? Or are you just going to shop/hang out?
Yea we are going to be at the PNWCC Booth from like 8:30-11:30 (thats going to be in side the pavilion inbetween the two gates. (normally we are center on the inside wall) Normally its us, the Chevelle club & the Nova club all together.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Yea we are going to be at the PNWCC Booth from like 8:30-11:30 (thats going to be in side the pavilion inbetween the two gates. (normally we are center on the inside wall) Normally its us, the Chevelle club & the Nova club all together.
Well I got to change the differential fluid in my Vette. I plan on doing that first thing in the morning then hitting the swap meet in the after noon. It sounds like you may be done with the booth and out of there by the time I get there, huh? What time does the meet shut down?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Well I got to change the differential fluid in my Vette. I plan on doing that first thing in the morning then hitting the swap meet in the after noon. It sounds like you may be done with the booth and out of there by the time I get there, huh? What time does the meet shut down?

Saturday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there with a lot of stuff I'm not doing any longer everything I have other than LSX based engines...

I've got a covered booth near the blue gate.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Double posting there Corey? Well I guess we will come by & check out your booth. lol

Hoping someone there has a set of heads for me. lol
Old 02-08-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Double posting there Corey? Well I guess we will come by & check out your booth. lol

Hoping someone there has a set of heads for me. lol
You should talk to Ellis about what he knows about Dart Pro 1's... Theres a reason I chose them over the AFR's A certain economical porter gets kickass power out of them
Old 02-08-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Say it isn't so, Tammy!?!
Old 02-08-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
You should talk to Ellis about what he knows about Dart Pro 1's... Theres a reason I chose them over the AFR's A certain economical porter gets kickass power out of them

Cory she does not want HP she wants a Name others aprove of at car shows
Old 02-08-2006, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

somehow i acquired a small outdoor booth just inside the blue gate to the left. my brother & I are selling off what's left of the donor cars in my signature.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Cory she does not want HP she wants a Name others aprove of at car shows

No Ellis after talking to several people including People who have owned & raced under both set of heads the all suggested to us to use afrs over dart, also the place I had the engine done at, they suggested Dart at first then when they found out what I was going to do with it they then suggested AFRs, Theses guys sell Dart heads & not AFRs so they lost money in the fact that I didnt buy Darts from them.

Remember I am not looking to make this car faster than more than 12s, This is still going to be my daily driver & I dont want to be scared to drive it. Also I dont want any more power under it that I will have to do some major work on the frame. Or even to put a roll cage or roll bar on.

Its got to be something I feel safe driving every day, plus something I feel safe having my two young kids in it. Plus something that if I am tired from work I will be willing to allow my Nephew to drive. (his driving has only been trucks & Geo metros)

I have thought long & hard about this thats why the engine wasnt rushed in to things & slapped together last year & thats why I raced my truck.

Heck if I just wanted to slap a set of heads on it I would have slapped the stock heads on to it with some machine work done to them, but I didnt.

The AFR heads I am looking at doing are 195cc Street Heads, Straight Plug w/heat riser, 74cc (needs a heat Riser to be street Legal)

Last edited by krazzycowgirl; 02-08-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:30 AM
On The Tree

any suggestions as to how to figure out what prices i should ask for some of the parts?

i definitely want to be reasonable and realistic. i'd like to sell most of the parts we have, and get reasonable prices for them... the less parts (& more $) we take home, the better!
for now i've been looking through the ads here to get an idea of what folks are asking for the same or similar parts, checking some on ebay, etc...

any help is appreciated.

Last edited by AndreS; 02-08-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AndreS
any suggestions as to how to figure out what prices i should ask for some of the parts?

i definitely want to be reasonable and realistic. i'd like to sell most of the parts we have, and get reasonable prices for them... the less we take home, the better!
for now i've been looking throu the ads here to get an idea of what folks are asking for the same or similar parts, checking some on ebay, etc...

any help is appreciated.
Make a list of parts & ask the board here what they would pay for them.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Conversion master

I'll be there Saturday looking for some springs for the Vette and a new Cam, maybe some interior pieces if something jumps out at me.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like I'll be headed up there on Saturday. I'm picking up some parts from AndreS and going to check out the swap meet, been years since I've been to that one. Maybe I'll see some of ya up there.

Oh ya, anyone got an address I can use to mapquest the fairgrounds. I can't remember how to get there.

Mike
Old 02-10-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Easiest way to get there is I-5 to the Puyallup/ South tacoma way exit (hiway 512)
take the Meridian exit take a left at light & its on your left hand side.