Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

METH Users Inside..........

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default METH Users Inside..........

Few questions for the methanol users.

What ratio mix are you running, water to meth.......

How large of tank do you have and how long dose it last.....

I see most makers sell a small reservoir, less than a gallon how often are you refilling, with a size like this. Vs using the windshield fluid reservoir.

At what point-psi are you injecting.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmm.......... not what i thought this was.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Launching!

I have a 1.5 gallon tank and I use 100% methanol
Old 02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by orange88
hmmmmmmmmmm.......... not what i thought this was.
Funny,I knew exactly what the subject would be about yet I still had that "WTF" expression on my face when I read the title....LOL
Old 02-09-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

100% meth. , using the windshield washer tank provided with the alkycontrol kit . It's a progressive kit , I average about a gallon of meth. per 2-3 tanks of gas .
Old 02-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Staging Lane

50/50 mix of Water/Alcohol is what I have found best. Eveyone driving habbits are different, But a 2 quart will last most people between tanks and 4 quart will let you skip tanks.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
9 Second Club

I run 100% methanol and use my washer fluid reservoir... maybe 3/4gal at the very most. It lasts me plenty long and comes on around 3psi... my peak psi is 11.

alkycontrol kit
Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have read that 100% is not the best vs a 50-50 mix. Any PROS n CONS to 50-50 vs 100%
Old 02-09-2006, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

I am interested to know too.....I would like to run a meth kit soon. I'm still on stock bottom end at 7.5psi and want to run 10.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Methanol can in large amounts is not desirable because of methanol, is prone to pre-ignition.

Reason why I recomend using water also is:

Water has a naturally high specific heat property, this requires a lot of heat to change the liquid water into a stem (water vapor). This is why water is used as a coolant for the engines cooling system. When injected into an engine, alcohol/water mixture does several things. Some of the water vaporizes and absorbs heat from the intake steam. This cools the incoming air into your engine. An proper setup should be able to lower the Intake Air Temp (IAT) by 50 deg. Once inside the combustion chamber, the mist mixture is fully vaporized into steam. When this happens the water will absorb tremendous amount of heat from the combustion process of the engine. This will help cool the internals and will also stem clean the internals. The Internals will be free from carbon build-up when torn down for repair or inspection of parts. Carbon build up can lead to pre-ignition. Engines with excessive Carbon build-up can actually run after the ignition source is turned off. The change during the combustion process also slows down this event like race gas would.

Sorry if this has misspelling, grammer errors. I copy pasted this from our sales material that I am worken on. I should have all 20 pages done of if soon if someone wants to read up on eveything I know about alky injection.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run str8 100% meth. The tank is either 1 or 2 gallon I don't recall which.

I top off the tank every two or three tank fulls of gas.

Mark
Old 02-10-2006, 10:23 AM
9 Second Club

straight meth for me
Old 02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rocket468
Methanol can in large amounts is not desirable because of methanol, is prone to pre-ignition.
im sorry but i dont think thats right, methonal helps fight preignition.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Launching!

meth is a 120+ octane fuel, it resists preignition! Straight meth for high horsepower combos, i was told not to use any water in my tank.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

allz i run is state meff yo an iz fine kk.. kkkk..kkk
Old 02-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
im sorry but i dont think thats right, methonal helps fight preignition.
IMO, Methanol fights Detonation but it adds the risk of pre-ignition. Which are 2 different things. There are many cases where alky users are running large amounts of alky and had problems with pre-ignition. If a little is good a lot is not always better. Before alky what would someone do if they had a slight amount of detonation? Add a little more fuel. Which can get rid of your detonation problem. But say you add more timing and now you have more detonation. Adding more fuel only going to go so far before you pig rich and the car dies on you and you still might have some detonation.
Adding some denatured water to the mix will slow the burn down. Plus you will get some of the benefits that water has over meth. Water is the 2nd best liquid at dissipating heat out there. I have done lots of test on this when designing my alky controller. I fell there is ALOT of miss-information out there. And too many people with a bigger is better theory. My stand point is just try my suggestion. That all i ask. Methanol fights detonation but it adds the risk of pre-ignition. Which are 2 different things. There are many cases where alky users are running large amounts of alky and had problems with pre-ignition. If a little is good a lot is not always better. Before alky what would someone do if they had a slight amount of detonation? Add a little more fuel. Which can get rid of your detonation problem. But say you add more timing and now you have more detonation. Adding more fuel only going to go so far before you pig rich and the car dies on you and you still might have some detonation.
Adding some denatured water to the mix will slow the burn down. Plus you will get some of the benefits that water has over meth. Water is the 2nd best liquid at dissipating heat out there. I have done lots of test on this when designing my alky controller. I fell there is ALOT of miss-information out there. And too many people with a bigger is better theory. My stand point is just try my suggestion. That all i ask

Last edited by Rocket468; 02-10-2006 at 03:58 PM. Reason: for spelling Police
Old 02-10-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, call me ignorant, but its hard to take anyone seriously on a semi-difficult subject such as chemistry, phase changes and detonation when their spelling skills are so poor.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I run 100% sunoco methanol

4 gallon RCI tank in the trunk, how much I fill it depends on how much I'm driving it hard. I drive this car (Eclipse GSX) to work every day so a lot of times it's a sedate drive in traffic with zero boost, but some days I'm not coming home till 1 or 2 from the office and I'm going WOT a bit more than at rush hour. I can get a lot of tankfulls out of it even when I'm on it a lot though.

Rocket: I think you're missing part of the point of adding the meth. When your fuel trims are fine and you just need to combat detonation you pull out fuel enrichment from your gasoline injectors, and substitute that fueling with the methanol. Razor/Julio has been building kits for quite a while and recommends 100% meth for any application, I'll take his word over yours, sorry.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default lets argue

I think the reason why you guys are running straight meth

is because your systems are just not up 2 par

with a devils own system.

probably with your system you should run meth only.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

eviltwins, I understand very well the point of pulling fuel when you add meth. What I am getting at is more is not always better. If you fell that 100% works best for you then use it. I just think you should try my idea.

Last edited by Rocket468; 02-10-2006 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: METH Users Inside..........