Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single "STREET" turbo guys post up

"Street" ie: keeps the A/C.

Please list the following.........

1. What kit do you have.
2. What options above the base kit did you get. (turbo, intercooler, blow off, meth/alcy etc)
3. How difficult and time consuming was the install.
4. How long have you had the turbo and what problems have popped up.
5. How much power did it put down. Please include boost level, octane, alcy/meth.
6. What track times have you run. List your other mods which helped get the listed ET/MPH.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with your FI decision.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Banned

ttt, I'm sure I'm not the only curious about this. Help us wanna be FI guys out folks.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im curious as well...ttt?
Old 02-10-2006, 05:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 02-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Banned

Guess I posted in the wrong forum or something.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:11 AM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well not really applicable because it's a DIY but it's a reply

1. What kit do you have.
2. What options above the base kit did you get. (turbo, intercooler, blow off, meth/alcy etc)
5. How much power did it put down. Please include boost level, octane, alcy/meth.
6. What track times have you run. List your other mods which helped get the listed ET/MPH.
1. My DIY kit
2. all of the above
3. Made/installed the kit in a week...i enjoyed it... not really that hard.
4. My car has been turbo’d for almost two years, no real problems just extra wear and tear on the rest of my car and my wallet
5. First DIY kit made the numbers in my sig...second DIY kit i did dyno but didn't make enough boost so i am redynoing it hopefully tomorrow...still with 93 octane but plan on trying 50/50 meth/water, more timing.
6. First DIY kit ran 11.3 at 120 with ET streets, pump gas... second DIY kit went 11.0 at 132 with DR's and pump gas. Other mods include 227/224 cam, Ls6 intake, gears... nothing else really helping me i don't think.
7. Definitely 10... wouldn't do it any other way except have better fab equipment and spend more time fabricating my kit....making my own headers.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Banned

You got skills. Keep em coming guys.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you haven't gotten alot of replies because most of the info you want is already in a sticky in this forum. Check this year's boosted list. Previous years' lists are up there too.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

I ordered the pro turbo systems kit.It keeps the a/c and all you have to do is relocate the alternator.I ordered it 3 weeks ago and they told me it would be about 5 weeks to get it .I will post up how the install went and maybe some pics too.Then Ill get it tuned and track times.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Are you gonna ditch that 98 PCM?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

for a little while im going to have to just tune it in with the 98 pcm but after about a year when I build the motor ill switch to either a newer model pcm or a stand alone.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

I checked out that list but aside from some Incon kits and TTi street kits there's not much else. Where's all the PTK, STS, GMR, etc guys?
Old 02-10-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SilverSurfer

1. What kit do you have.

Thanks.
Custom Kit by Allan Futral.

ive got all except for meth/alchy

Youd have to ask allan, I know it was a pain in the *** to get a turbo as big as mine to fit while retaining ac and ps.

had the car in my posession since jan 11th, only problem so far is overheating. however I think its due to running the ac while at idle and one
of the fans doesnt seem to be turning on(once its on hopefully I shouldnt have this overheating problem anymore).

91 oct tune, but dynoed with 93, 845 rwhp and 830 rwtq, 12.5 psi no meth.

it ran an 11.6 at 136 with a shitty *** 2.0 60 foot(no traction, should be good for 140+)

On a scale of 1-10, once I have this overheating issue fixed it will be a 10+++

Until then I just have to be careful not to idle longer then a couple mins...
Old 02-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Futral is the man, and i appreciate your input.

Any others, cmon guys all these turbo manufacturers out there and only ones postiong are guys with custom made kits.

I was looking on ..2.com and this Australian company (non sposor here) just came out with a "STREET" twin turbo kit for the C6 to complement their GTO twin turbo kit. Although not cheap or budget, as if a twin turbo kit really is, that **** is ****. BIG UNS. I can't understand why none of the shops here are willing to go on a limb and make some cast turbo manifolds for the Fbody. I'm sorry but I can't see it being that incredibly expensive or risky for a big shop to do. INCON did it and the guy who did is helping make them for this company.

I know there's ricer turbo kits with cast manifolds. Look at the Edelbrock kit for the Honda. Comes with a cast manifold, GT28 turbo, injectors, intake manifold, intercooler, electronics, fuel rail for under 4Gs. The tuner kit sells for 2700 and comes as complete as any LS1 kit out there and has the all important CAST manifold. The cast manifold is important to guys like me who aren't looking for an all out race kit and want to have great fitment and retain all accesories.

Someone needs to step up or at least get someone like Edelbrock to come in and help us out. A joint venture maybe.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's a much smaller turbo than the LS1 requires...GMR and Hi flo are both putting out products that aren't closer to that in comparison...You have to figure in the higher cost of the larger turbo, we need 8 injectors instead of 4 and most of these companies building turbos don't have the bank of Edelbrock or some company like that so they rely on building a couple and then selling them to build more...It's hard to have large overhead when you don't even know if the product will sell...Look at how many flukes have been out there which turn people off to buying a product that they don't even know is of any quality...It's hard for these fellas...
Old 02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Banned

Twin GT28s have gone 9s if I'm not mistaken.

I also believe that INCON sold all the kits ever made. Reading this forum I get the feeling that the market is there.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I just posted a thread last week with all this info.

Except the "how happy" criterion... 1-10? 10 for that!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the old Phamspeed kit that uses the phamspeed headers. Teh ac is kept but i removed it cause i have a **** not a vag, lol. It has a T76s turbo and made 661hp 650tq on 12 psi with 110 in teh tank. I love the kit BUT i woudl like to get a kti that shows off the turbo better like the hi-flo kit does. Im sure that they work just as well i jsut wanna show off that jewel of a turbo.
It wasent that tough to install the fuel system took alot longer.
GL

John
Old 02-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

gmr single turbo here. I like it alot so far no problems. you can see the dyno and numbers on gmr's website www.gmrspeed.com All that was done to it was a larger fuel pump and 42# ford injectors. the car is an auto and still has ac no overheating problems and still drives normal and gets good mileage (as long as you stay out of the boost) no track numbers yet bc it was finished at the end of the season last year. I just put a 3800 vig stall in it and a umi adj. torque arm with a ds loop.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

Tamanjd - How's the clearance for the downpipe? Does it go through or under the K frame? How about where the downpipe crosses over from the driver's side to the passenger side and goes into the catback? I like the GMR kit but I've read that there's plug wire burning issues.

99SST - Cute pic in your sig there ****.