Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger with my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 10:46 AM
master of the "jack"stand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger with my setup?

I'm looking into going Procharger. I have a 231/237 cam, stock heads. Looking into a 5# kit. What would I need to do fuel system-wise to be ok? 42# injectors and an inline pump? Is that cam ok with a procharger? It is on a 112. Anything else I would need to look out for?

Thanks. See link in sig for all mods.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

damn you missed out on the kit i just sold. ditch the cam get some more blower friendly. intank fuel pump and 50's or 60's for injectors. 42's never cut it anymore. pm me if need help
Old 03-02-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the 01' Z06 cam in may car. Oh yea, I just bought Javier's kit ^^^^^^ hehehe. My Z06 cam is the same cam Kevin (KP) runs in his 9 second D1sc T/A. Run something like that or go with a custom blower cam. Several companies offer them these days fairly cheap. You'll be happy with the Z06 cam I think since you retain a stock idle and then the car comes alive. Also, look into buying a used kit. You'll save some cash. If you can wait until the end of the season I betcha Kevin's kit will be up for sale. Or, if you want it now, Bob at Exotic Performance Plus is the man to talk to. He has the most competitive prices on ATI Procharger items. Lastly, go with AT LEAST 50# injectors. Once you boost up, you'll run out of fuel.

Hope this helps

Good luck
Andy
Old 03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
9 Second Club

I agree with both of them. 42# injectors don't seem to cut it. I was at 109% duty cycle at 530ish rwhp. You don't want to get stuck like I did and go out trying to find 60#ers so you can finish tuning the darn thing.

A more blower friendly/mild cam would work better for sure... You will want to get more low end out of teh cam as the Procharger will continue to make more and more power as you rev up. And I doubt you will ever be satisfied with only 5psi... I bet you will be running 7-9psi before you know it!

Good Luck man... I love my Procharger, its a blast to drive!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Motorboater

Andy a cam change would be rather beneficial, that's a bit much duration for boost. it would "work" but would probably take your power band up higher than you want to be on a stock short under boost.

5 PSI? i beg to differ on injectors and fuel needs, at 5 PSI on a stock motor you could easily run a 44 lb injector and an inline pump.

if you are going to go for like 9 PSI 44 lb injectors will end up at like 105-110% duty cycle. I would probably just get 60 lb motrons from the start if you can if you're gonna aim for decent boost. may as well drop the tank and install dual in tank pumps while you are at it unless you really would stay at 5 PSI then start smaller on the fuel system for now.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:45 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thanks White.Lightning!

If you don't want to change cams at this time, your cam will work. It just won't work as well as a cam designed for forced induction, although I have been amazed at just how well some non blower cams work.
I agree, I'd go with 60lb injectors from the start. I'd also go with a 255 litre in tank fuel pump, although the ATI supplied in line pump that comes with the non tuner kits will work.
I'd go with the 1GJ204-SCI ProCharger D-1SC kit. This kit comes with the eight rib pulley/belt assembly, and the thicker 4.5" intercoolers. It deletes the fuel pump, fuel injectors, and the pre programmed tune. You will need to purchase the injectors, fuel pump, get your car tuned, new spark plugs and a harmonic balancer made by ATI Performance Products. Call me for prices. Thanks! Bob
Old 03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
master of the "jack"stand

Thanks for the help guys. I am looking at a used kit. I do not want to change cams right now..I love the way it sounds idling. I just kind of wanted to throw the thing on to have a little more fun. I am already happy with my power level, so I'm sure I would be happy with "only" 5 PSI.

Still undecided...a lot of differing opinions.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

With your manual trans and gears I'd say a procharger is a good choice for power-adder.
You may want to consider increasing your rear tire diameter some, and possibly swap to a blower specific cam, but it will work as-is.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChevyWeatherman
I am already happy with my power level, so I'm sure I would be happy with "only" 5 PSI.

Still undecided...a lot of differing opinions.
You say that now, but 100 more hp being a pulley change away is very tough to resist.

Quick Reply: Procharger with my setup?