Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What headers and mufflers should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What headers and mufflers should i get?

Im getting TSP Trual Dual X pipe real soon. What mufflers sound the best and what LT's should i get? I was thinkin about goin with Pacesetters and Sweet thunder. And does it matter if i get the ceramic coated headers? Im goin out the back too.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the Dynomax bullets and put them on last weekend...... they are LOUD! but they sounds sooooooo good!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Yeah go with the ceramic coating.

Bullets will flow the best and be the loudest...my vote goes there for a bolt on car.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Where Can I get Cheap High Flow Cats? And do i need 2 or can i pass emmisions on 1 with Trual Duals?
Old 03-09-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Resident

here is the truth...if you don't mind the ceramic coating EVENTUALLY coming off(takes a WHILE) and turning colors (doesn't take long at all) then go with ceramic....

I have Kooks stainless steel 1 3/4 size headers and their y-pipe...no cats...I had FLP longtubes ceramic coated and I HATED them...they first of all had an extremely LOW Y-pipe...and then the ceramic coating started turning colors.

If you want some headers that will last forever get the stainless steel...I got my headers for around the low 700's shipped and the Y-pipe for around a hundred or so. It also has bungs for oxygen sensors which I don't use the rear oxygen sensors as I have no cats, but it makes a damn good place for a wideband.

Stainless VS ceramic....then you get to debate headers

Pacesetters are loud-3 of my friends have them and they are significantly louder than my car

Kooks sound nice (at least to me) and I like having a sleeper....but even when i get on it you can hear me coming..because its certainly not quiet.

QTP headers...almost the same as kooks..little differences

hookers-typically what people go with because the name has been thrown around and don't get me wrong, they are good.

thats good for now...

if you want sound clips let me know..at least of my kooks setup
Old 03-09-2006, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coated pacesetters and sweet thunders will sound damn good and not break the bank....that would be the route I'd go if I were you.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Madmax054
Where Can I get Cheap High Flow Cats? And do i need 2 or can i pass emmisions on 1 with Trual Duals?

the cheapest yet is magnaflow high flow cats direct from QTP. its the cats they use in their y-pipe so you can see how good they are. they are $75 each.

i also have qtp lt's and dynomax bullets. it is definately loud but i get numerous compliments on how good it sounds so id be stupid to take em off.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Teching In

I have pacesetters and a bullet, and I couldn't be happier. Unless the local police are crazy about loud cars, I'd suggest dynomax bullets. They are loud and sound awesome.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the TSP rumbler TD's w/Hooker LT's and sweet thunder mufflers...drone is deafening highway driving but worth it...i wouldnt recommend it if you have children in the backseat or taking a girl on a date and trying to get to know her while driving...haha. but WOT i love it!!! i just want ricers to know what i have under the hood!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Go stainless all the way. It's better to wait and save for the extra cost because you will only have to buy it once. QTP with merged collectors rock!
My stainless Magna-flo sounds and looks sweet.