Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Door Ding!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 01:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Door Ding!

Well, it is official... I will now park my car out in BFE to avoid anymore door dings! My right rear passenger side fender has another ding it! This makes two now. I was going to have the paint-less dent removal done to get rid of the first one, but then I thought, it will probably just happen again. Well it did. I am not too fond of the idea having a hole drilled in the door jam and a plastic cap put in place... but the dents...
Has anyone who has tried the paint-less dent removal give me some feed-back? Does it fully get rid of any evidence of a ding? My paint looks good, and there is no crease. Average cost for 2 dents?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen it done before, couldn't tell it was done, except for the holes in the door jamb
Old 03-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Banned

Wierd... Ive on my second fbody and they have BOTH had a god damn golf ball size ding in the right rear fender... Both in the same spot. Ive learned to live with it, but it pisses me off, I feel for ya.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I always park way out, and take up two spots.

I've used the painless dent remover, but I've seen it take paint off with it sometimes.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe they are from not having SFCs? I know that can cause dimples in the rear quarters after a while due to body flex
Old 03-12-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I personally had a ding removed from a truck I owned previously. It was a black truck and you couldn't see the ding at all, NOT ONE BIT. It cost me $50 to have it removed and it was well worth it. I would imagine you could get 2 done cheaper and it is possible they could do it from inside if it is on the rear panel. Just google it and find someone that will give you an estimate.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the suggestions guys/gals! i have boxed SFC's, put on the car from day one, so it shouldn't be from torque damage...
I am going to check out the paintless dent removal.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I had tons of little dings taken out with paintless dent removal. They did drill a 0.5" hole in my door jamb and worked the dents out from the inside, so there was no way any paint was coming off. The holes were filled with grommets afterwards, and if I ever get another ding, I can just take it back to the same guy and he has an access hole to work with.

-Mike

Quick Reply: New Door Ding!