Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on new NO2 system

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on new NO2 system

I'm wanting a complete system for a 04 ZO6. I have no plans to spray over a 200 shot.
I want all the safety equipment, progressive controller etc. as well.
I want a clean looking system too. Not afraid to spend the $$ to get it.
Two systems I like are: Dave's plate system and NX's MAF system.......
Any suggestions? Thanks for the help!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no experience with NX but daves is high quality stuff as well he GREAT customer service- try one of the coldfusion guys he has a C5 on a two stage 150 or 200 shot of nitrous he can prolly help you out-

Parts/accesories/safety mods i suggest-
FJO mini progressive nitrous controller- the BEST for the price + gives you a reason to have a laptop in your car-
Dynotune a/f ratio shut off switch
Blow down tube
Bottle heater
NX bottle opener
Dynotune fuel and N2o guages
LM-1 Wideband datalogger (to measure a/f ratio so you can moniter throughout the entirity of a run and give you another reason for a laptop in your car )
Old 03-20-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

I am gonna be putting Daves Plate on my C-5 next week. I will post photo's of the install, as well as pics/vid of bench flowing the plate. Dave has been great helping me out with his plate setup.

All the site sponsors have kits that work with ZO6.
Many will offer discounts with the accessories (the more you buy the better the deal).

Dave has the NX Maf and of course his Plate.
Nitrous Direct has a plate coming out, as well as a Dry kit spec'd out for the Vette (as Robert will likely chime in on).
DynoTune has a new combo dry/wet two stage system, as well as vette specific system.
HSW has wet and dry systems too.

Sounds like Dave is who you should call first since it is his plate system, and he is a NX guy too. Any of the site vendors will be happy to help you out.

I got alot of stuff from DynoTune (Dry kit, bottle opener/heater LC-1 Wideband, N2O Pressure gauge). I got Dave's Plate from 30thz who won it in a giveaway, Dave is sending me the C-5 stuff that did not come with the plate for free (Spacers for the Power Steering and a new P/S hose) and I bought the wet noids and some brackets from him. Service and advice from the sponsors have been superb.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

I'm really leaning toward Dave's plate. Its a nice set up and it looks clean. They also recommended the GenX2 accessory kit and the FJO mini controller.

What is the diiference in having the nozzels by the MAF as opposed to having a plate by the TB. Is one better than the other as far as mixture is concerned?
Also when adding any sort of A/F meter wont you need to have an additional bung welded in the collector or X pipe?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a couple kits for the c5/Z06 (that's my Z06 in pic),
Nitrous Direct Vette kits
Also, check out my web site for Z06/nitrous insight, also see the links section.
Let me know if I can help, and yes we have a plate coming soon for the ls1/ls6, already one for the ls2 engines.
Robert
Old 03-21-2006, 12:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally prefer our plate for the cleaness. However I have been a fan of the NX maff system for years. If I can help you with any tech help please let me know.

One trick little set up would be. Our plate system. The 860 heated bottle bracket,purge,fpss,nitrous pressure gauge,purge,and our custom window switch.
Dave
Old 03-21-2006, 12:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also check out the specials.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/450537-february-nitrous-specials.html

You may see what you like.
Dave
Old 03-21-2006, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I personally prefer our plate for the cleaness. However I have been a fan of the NX maff system for years. If I can help you with any tech help please let me know.

One trick little set up would be. Our plate system. The 860 heated bottle bracket,purge,fpss,nitrous pressure gauge,purge,and our custom window switch.
Dave
Dave I'm diggin on this sytem. I want clean and uncomplicated, but at the same time I need the safety equipment to keep my engine in check.
Right now I'm at 500 + RWHP all motor so I'm definetly leaning toward a 1st gear lockout. Any other suggestions? I have cash in hand but I want to do it right the first time. A month down the road I dont want any regrets....
Peace.