LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Opti questions... I've searched but want opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opti questions... I've searched but want opinions

Ok, my opti quit right at an intersection and in traffic. I dont ever want to have to push my car out of an intersection again because of a damn opti. What do you guys suggest/what has worked for you. I know the GM one isn't bad but i'm thinking aftermarket.

MSD, ACCEL, Delteq, conventional small block distributor, and theres a few more.

Any feedback of any kind? I've done the search thing and have no real answers.

Thanks in advance fellas,
Doug
Old 03-21-2006, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go Delteq if it wasn't so $$$

But a few opti's and the cost doesn't look that bad...
Old 03-21-2006, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

what's the price on delteq?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Launching!

check www.dynaspark.net i bought one from them they were the first to build a custom unit for the lt-1 and i`ve not had any problems is cost $600.00 but i believe it to be well worth it. dynotech use to own it but sold the rights to the product but it is still being made check the webb address above it should lead you to it the delteq is about 700-800.00 dollars last i looked but it has a lot of custom work you will need to do the dynaspark is as simple to install as the original
Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Alright... Thanks for the advice.. Anyone ran the MSD unit yet? Seriously thinking about running that as it's the best bang for the buck by the looks of it.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i would recomend the dynaspark also i have it and havnt ran into a single problem got mine on sale for under $500 just gotta look around catch a nice sale
Old 03-21-2006, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by redhot lt-1
check www.dynaspark.net i bought one from them they were the first to build a custom unit for the lt-1 and i`ve not had any problems is cost $600.00 but i believe it to be well worth it. dynotech use to own it but sold the rights to the product but it is still being made check the webb address above it should lead you to it the delteq is about 700-800.00 dollars last i looked but it has a lot of custom work you will need to do the dynaspark is as simple to install as the original

that was the other one I didn't remember.....
Old 03-21-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Another forum view of this same topic.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...48&forum_id=48

Last edited by Steve40th; 03-21-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by patriotformula
Ok, my opti quit right at an intersection and in traffic. I dont ever want to have to push my car out of an intersection again because of a damn opti. What do you guys suggest/what has worked for you. I know the GM one isn't bad but i'm thinking aftermarket.

MSD, ACCEL, Delteq, conventional small block distributor, and theres a few more.

Any feedback of any kind? I've done the search thing and have no real answers.

Thanks in advance fellas,
Doug
someone else posted the same topic, for the cost if I were you I'd get the new MSD complete unit which has a cap/rotor & new billet housing, bigger bearing, improved eye sensor, looks like a better unit than Dynaspark has and it's cheaper. What I don't like about Dynas unit is they used all the stock GM parts except for their billet housing (good unit still), they just did it halfway unlike MSD.

Delteq is ok if you like to just plug n play and don't mind the big ugly 4 coils. A lot of us prefer the LTCC (both Delteq & LTCC are comparable but LTCC gives you advanced timing control, etc, plus it can be made to look much nicer installed. Search around these posts.