Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transgo HD2

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transgo HD2

I did a search on Transgo HD2 and still had a couple of questions.

My trans is having some sort of problem where it will stick in gear when manually shifting UNLESS I bump it to the next gear a couple of seconds before it needs to go. Otherwise it will hang up and cause the car to bounce off the rev limiter until it finally decides to shift. It all goes down so fast that it is hard to catch it in time to keep it from happening. Sounds like I have a piston/spring, etc. broken/stuck????

When in gear on hard throttle it will upshift too fast and cause it to bog. Once in a while it will work perfect when left in D and I nail it (usually if I am already rolling slow). When it does shift it is SO smooth that it feels like the trans is slipping between gears (on hard throttle).

I also have issues of it going in and out of lock up due to the PCM seeing a misfire from the head/cam swap. It has been tuned to avoid this situation, but may still need some more tweaking.

Engine is fitted with SLP stage III heads/cam/injectors/headers/LS6 intake. Trans has a 2,800 stall TCI converter and is otherwise all stock. Rear is a 3.5 on a Ford 9" all squeezed into my 69 Camaro.

I see there are more than one transgo option. What is the best kit, best price, etc?????

Thanks!

Chris
Old 03-23-2006, 08:03 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have a trans going bad and maybe some tuning issues. I don't think a shift kit is going to fix your trans. I build them with hd-2 kits and lots of other goodies from FLT. I think the trans-go kit goes for about a $100. IMO call Chuck he can help you with parts or a rebuild hp unit. Good luck...
Old 03-24-2006, 03:21 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming that the transmission is still in good shape internally, the "modified" version of the Trans-Go Performance Shift kit, can do a lot in terms of solving this problem.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Launching!

How do I get in touch with Chuck?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:43 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 69MyWay
How do I get in touch with Chuck?

www.finishlinetrans.com/1-630-350-7776/pm FLT here on LS1 tech
Old 03-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by da wrench
Talked to Chuck yesterday. Thanks for the contact information.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:21 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Any time. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Launching!

I started installing my transgo kit yesterday. A couple of interesting things.

1. The video was helpful in getting started and made me feel more comfortable opening up the trans.
2. The printed instructions are easy to read and mostly pictures.
3. It appears I used ALL the parts except a pair of plugs that were designed to go on an upper mounted piston designed to be done if the trans is out of the car.

This however is interesting. I am positive I didn't drop any of the check ***** when I opened it up. In fact, I have check my pan, drain pan, work space, floor and parts to make sure I didn't drop one. The instructions call for SEVEN check ***** on the valve body and ONE larger one in the plate. I only have SIX small check ***** and the ONE larger one. I don't know where the seventh one wasn't prior to removing the valve body.

I can't help but wonder if the missing checkball has had anything to do with the goofy shifting going on with this thing. My local Chevy dealer does not carry the check ***** so they are checking with the chief trans mechanic later today to see if he has any kicking around his tool box.

Once I get that squared away I will bolt her back up.

QUESTION--I know the PCM has to be re-programmed to a more stock setting now that I have made these mechanical changes. However, do you think there is any harm in driving it around the block a few times to make sure it is working, check for leaks...etc??????

***EDIT**** The Chevy dealer just called and told me they rounded up a few of them from the toolbox and will give them to me when I swing by!