Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30lb injectors good enough for a 200 wet shot?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 30lb injectors good enough for a 200 wet shot?

He guys I am just wondering your thoughts on using 30lb injectors for a 200 wet shot? I am using the TNT Twister Force 2 kit. I have upgraded the fuel system with 30 lb injectors, a walbro 240 intank and 240 inline. I also have a MS3 camshaft in there now. I am just seeing how much the stock short block can really take

Dan
Old 03-27-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Injectors mean zippy for a wet shot.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am new with the bottle sorry I just want tomake sure everything will be good to go for a while. So is there anything else I need as far as a fuel system goes?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Make sure you get the car on a wideband and get the A/F ratio. I have a similar combo and it's alot of fuel to be pulling of the rails so your going to want to be careful.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fuel system looks ok.

As said you MAY want to think about bigger rails or something like an accumulator to help on that initial fuel draw by the noids before the rear mounted regulator can catch up.

NX has one and Nitro Dave sells it
Old 03-27-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Fuel system looks ok.

As said you MAY want to think about bigger rails or something like an accumulator to help on that initial fuel draw by the noids before the rear mounted regulator can catch up.

NX has one and Nitro Dave sells it

What does an Accumulator do? I just want to know what these parts do before I buy them

Dan
Old 03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

A fuel accumulator is basicly just a fuel canister that stores excess fuel between the rail and your solenoid. It will help alliviate the pressure drop and lean spike when you first hit the nitrous. Hitting the 200rwhp shot all at once will probrably give you a nice lean spike when pulling fuel off the rail. Another option is to delete the fuel pressure regulator in the tank and put an aftermarket regulator at the rails. This will make the lean spike much smaller since the system will recover quicker. I think Racetronix makes a whole kit for this. The third option is to build a stand alone fuel system. That's what I'm in the process of doing right now. It's pretty simple, 1 gallon cell that I can put 117 in, electric fuel pump, regulator, and some hoses and fittings. The accumulator would probrably be the cheapest option at about $200.

Another option would be a progressive controller. Then you can ramp up the nitrous alittle slower.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
A fuel accumulator is basicly just a fuel canister that stores excess fuel between the rail and your solenoid. It will help alliviate the pressure drop and lean spike when you first hit the nitrous. Hitting the 200rwhp shot all at once will probrably give you a nice lean spike when pulling fuel off the rail. Another option is to delete the fuel pressure regulator in the tank and put an aftermarket regulator at the rails. This will make the lean spike much smaller since the system will recover quicker. I think Racetronix makes a whole kit for this. The third option is to build a stand alone fuel system. That's what I'm in the process of doing right now. It's pretty simple, 1 gallon cell that I can put 117 in, electric fuel pump, regulator, and some hoses and fittings. The accumulator would probrably be the cheapest option at about $200.

Another option would be a progressive controller. Then you can ramp up the nitrous alittle slower.
Sure, now you're going stand alone!
Hawk
Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I may try the progressive controller and see how that works out, being I will be using the bottle at the track MOST the time

Dan
Old 03-28-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
Sure, now you're going stand alone!
Hawk
I have to, my fuel system is tapped. No way it can support a set of heads and a third stage of nitrous.

SLPSS99: A progressive controler should work great for your set up. The car will be much easier on parts too.