LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Reflash Back To Stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflash Back To Stock

I have a 94 z28 recently purchased.Seems someone has screwed with the pcm.Fans come on at start-up,doesnt want to shift right at full throttle,and shifts to soon with normal driving,also speed-o is way off.It has almost no power at take-off but pulls pretty good once you get the rpms up there. Engine fires right up and purrs like a kitten no real misses.Does anyone know where to get the PCM flashed maybe back to stock CHEAPLY? Thanks Car also has flowmaster cat back and maybe new cat other than that its stock,I`m guessing the car will run mid 15`s but I know it should run atleast mid 14`s.Just doesnt have power????
Old 04-07-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

if you take it to an chevy dealer they should be able to give you a reflash back to stock it will probably cost you about 100 bucks, it sounds like you may have gotten a car that was beat pretty badly sounds like the guy took all his parts out before he sold it and left the tune in as far as the speedo being off the guy might have swapped the origional rear end back into the car before he sold it or maybe even he did a manual to auto or auto to manual swap on the car because the auto cars have a 19 tooth reluctor wheel and the manual cars have a 41 tooth reluctor wheel if memory serves me right so the speedo would be off by about half or x2
Old 04-07-2006, 12:22 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.pcmforless.com

www.madz28.com

I bet you they can get you a stock reflash for a lot cheaper.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Post where your from and maybe someone local to that has tuner cat could hook you up.
I have the stock .bin file if said person needs it.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CatchinZs
Post where your from and maybe someone local to that has tuner cat could hook you up.
I have the stock .bin file if said person needs it.
I have a stock 94 bin file and would do it for you if you were close

sounds like it has gears in it if its not shifting right and the speedo's off. Previous owner most likley put them in and never programed the ECU
Old 04-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Im in the Dallas area.As far as the rear end goes I have found some different color paint on some areas around the bumper cover and rear window maybe the car was wrecked and back-halfed with a m6 or 6 cylinder car.Dont really know for sure.Also some of the clear is coming off only on the rear,like they faded it in.I tried my local chevy dealer, he said it had a chip in that would need to be changed.I just walked out cant believe these dumbasses are suppost to know more than the average street-racer.Maybe I will run it over to Young Chevrolet they do a little racing and hopefully they know it has no chip.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Launching!

The car also drinks gas like crazy,and someone has removed the ses light so dont know if it throwing any codes.I know I need to have the codes checked first then go from there.It still has the speed limiter on it and will only run about 80 because of the speed-o being off which really really sucks.I have a 95 formula which is basiclly stock and gets around 24 mpg on hwy and turns 13.75 quarter times.This 94 z28 gets about 15 mpg and maybe mid 15's.No matter what it takes I'll get it were it needs to be.All the input is greatly appreciated. THANKS
Old 04-08-2006, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow chevy dealer told you you had a chip? lol run away, run very fast
Old 04-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Yes, Greenville Chevrolet is the name of the dealership.So anyone close might want to think twice before going there.Looks like Madz28.com will get a visit from me.I was not aware that the speed-o being off could throw off the shift points.Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by slamm69
Yes, Greenville Chevrolet is the name of the dealership.So anyone close might want to think twice before going there.Looks like Madz28.com will get a visit from me.I was not aware that the speed-o being off could throw off the shift points.Thanks for the advice.
shift points are all based on MPH, so if the MPH reading is wrong it can screw that up
Old 04-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Learn something new everyday.Thanks bro

Quick Reply: Reflash Back To Stock