Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E Manual VB Question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L80E Manual VB Question...

I have found that TransGo makes a shift kit that makes the stock 4L80E valve body act as if it was a MVB. I was wondering if anyone knows of an actual MVB that someone makes/sells that is actually a new VB and not just a kit to convert the stock VB?
Old 04-07-2006, 09:03 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaLS1KidII
I have found that TransGo makes a shift kit that makes the stock 4L80E valve body act as if it was a MVB. I was wondering if anyone knows of an actual MVB that someone makes/sells that is actually a new VB and not just a kit to convert the stock VB?
The trans go valve body kit works well. If your concerned about a new valve body... most of which will be reworked. If you really want a new valve body it must come from the dealer and then modified.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

So the TransGo fully manual VB reprogramming kit works pretty good? Does installing it in turn ruin the VB as far as putting it back to stock? What would you as a tranny builder recommend for this tranny. It is a stock take out 4L80E and I just want to do what I can to it with out breaking it open until I have the funds to have it built. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Anybody else?...
Old 04-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

we make a bolt in full manual 4l80e vbody.the cost is 675.00 but unlike the transgo it requires that the wiring from the computer be used.there are 2 types of valve bodies depending what year 4l80e you have .there are 2 additional oil pipes on the vbody as well,but nothing to be afraid of .
Old 04-08-2006, 10:41 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaLS1KidII
So the TransGo fully manual VB reprogramming kit works pretty good? Does installing it in turn ruin the VB as far as putting it back to stock? What would you as a tranny builder recommend for this tranny. It is a stock take out 4L80E and I just want to do what I can to it with out breaking it open until I have the funds to have it built. Thanks for the help.
Once the transgo kit is installed it can't be converted back to stock anymore. This is because of drilling of passages and other mods. I however would rather have a automatic 4L80e over the manual. But like most shift kit's if it's to aggressive it can be detuned. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Banned

The way I figure it my built 4L65E is not gonna last me very long once I get my car done. I had planned on going with a TH400 w/ FMVB and a T-brake. I dont mind shifting the gears or a hard hitting trans. I do like OD. I like to drive my car the hour and a half it takes me to get to the good race scenes around here. I will probably do a 4L80E with the FMVB for my car. It get me the OD i want and saves me all the trouble with wiring harness and having a seperate computer to control the tranny.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Well that is where I am at right now, trying to figure out if I want to pay for the electronics to make it work or just make it a MVB and forget about the electronics. Looking at the way this post is going I will probably just coin up for the TCI TCU and just put a regular shift kit and a deep pan in it and go race'n. And when I can afford it I will get a Rossler brake for it.