Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Long day at the track....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Long day at the track....

It felt great to finally make it back to the track and the first time out with the SS. We were planning on running it on motor a couple times then spraying it with a small shot... But, we had a little electrical problem that slowed us down... But managed to get it fixed in time to get a couple motor passes in... Went a best of 11.2 @ 122 on a 1.6 60'. Not bad for a car tuned & setup for N20. I owe a huge thanks to noyzee for helping me today... without him my day would have been over after the electrical problem, but he got it back running in no time!

Then we stayed for streetnight with my dads vette... and ran a best of 12.4 @ 120... The day could have gone better, but it was great to be back at the track, can't wait for the next trip out!

Thanks again to brad for bringing the car back to life!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah that sucked with the electrical thing but noyzee got it going again. Your dad was cool to leave the vette for you and noyzee to beat on it
Old 04-13-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wish i coulda been there with you guys... i miss NED
Old 04-13-2006, 05:43 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
wish i coulda been there with you guys... i miss NED
Ned is fun... but it's not as good as "Lost" isn't that right buttaball
Old 04-13-2006, 06:46 AM
8 second mod

Firts off, tim, the lost thing, now thats funny!!!!!!!!!

and that electrical issue should be an easy fix, but atleast she got going.

thanks for letting me beat up on your car and your old man! it was a fun day for sure. my legs are killing tho from all the standing and we must have walked 10 miles back and forth, back and forth. lol

I say have ken throw a motor tune up in it, and get a few 10 sec passes and more seat time, then go out and hit it up!!!!!

it would be pretty sweet to throw a set of gears and a motor converter in that car, i bet id go 9's on motor like that!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tim, nice going. Great looking and fast. Want to see that bottle run, where in the 8's is the only ? . Pulling left with the juice is going to be interesting. Who ran the the 12.4? Good seeing you guys, had fun. I wonder if the red PO **** finally blew.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:01 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by BrentC5
Tim, nice going. Great looking and fast. Want to see that bottle run, where in the 8's is the only ? . Pulling left with the juice is going to be interesting. Who ran the the 12.4? Good seeing you guys, had fun. I wonder if the red PO **** finally blew.
Tim went the 12.4.
i have lost all my m6 driving skills!!
its been 2 years since i drove a stick down the track, and even tho i use the z06, i rarely beat on it so my shifting has gone to ****

i plan on a little testing because when i got home this morning from my old ladies house befor coming to work, i saw a big brown box in my room said
Cold Fussion/ Nitrous Direct on it

the vett was pretty fun to race tho. 1st pass out for tim and i we both went 12.6 with a big bog out of the hole.
then some one broke and we sat for 3 days while the great NED crew cleaned the track up with a dustpan and hand broom. lol
tim busted a 12.4, then we sat for another 3 days because some one ealse broke, and i ran it for a second time and spun the first 100 feet or so, then bounced the rev limmiter waiting for the shift light to go on (then relized i wasnt in my vett, and this one has no shift light )
Old 04-13-2006, 07:12 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Firts off, tim, the lost thing, now thats funny!!!!!!!!!

and that electrical issue should be an easy fix, but atleast she got going.

thanks for letting me beat up on your car and your old man! it was a fun day for sure. my legs are killing tho from all the standing and we must have walked 10 miles back and forth, back and forth. lol

I say have ken throw a motor tune up in it, and get a few 10 sec passes and more seat time, then go out and hit it up!!!!!

it would be pretty sweet to throw a set of gears and a motor converter in that car, i bet id go 9's on motor like that!!!!
I know what you mean, I'm tired s hell this morning... I didn't get back to my house until like 11:30...
I'll talk to ken and have him tune it for motor... then we'll go back out and get some more passes in, I just wish I could make it back out sooner, but I'll be back from SC in 3-1/2 weeks.

Originally Posted by BrentC5
Nice seeing you again, felt nice to be at the track again... and you drove it home this time That always makes the day better. The little red car was still running at the end of the day... I thought for sure it was going to blow.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:27 AM
9 Second Club

i plan on a little testing because when i got home this morning from my old ladies house befor coming to work, i saw a big brown box in my room said
Cold Fussion/ Nitrous Direct on it

the vett was pretty fun to race tho. 1st pass out for tim and i we both went 12.6 with a big bog out of the hole.
I was looking at the slips this morning... our first two passes :

Me 12.634 on a 2.366 60'
You 12.636 on a 2.386 60'

Now those were close runs!

Great now you got the kit for the Z, your never going to get you car back together....

Last edited by Nautilus; 04-13-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:28 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
I know what you mean, I'm tired s hell this morning... I didn't get back to my house until like 11:30...
I'll talk to ken and have him tune it for motor... then we'll go back out and get some more passes in, I just wish I could make it back out sooner, but I'll be back from SC in 3-1/2 weeks.

Nice seeing you again, felt nice to be at the track again... and you drove it home this time That always makes the day better. The little red car was still running at the end of the day... I thought for sure it was going to blow.

get a set of et streets and we will go up on a wednesday or friday night for a few passes.

as for the red car, on the limmiter, i thought she was going to blow to. lol
Old 04-13-2006, 07:29 AM
8 second mod

I was looking at the slips this morning... our first two passes :

Me 12.634 on a 2.386 60'
You 12.636 on a 2.386 60'

Now those were close runs!

Great now you got the kit for the Z, your never going to get you car back together....
my car is good.
tonight we will finish primming it, then tommorw paint it, and it will sitt for a day or 2 anyway so it all hardens, so its perfect timming.

but im sure i will cruz a little bit. lol
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 AM
9 Second Club

get a set of et streets and we will go up on a wednesday or friday night for a few passes.

as for the red car, on the limmiter, i thought she was going to blow to. lol
Sounds like a plan, I'll pick up a set. It would ba fun to bring that car to a street night.

Are you talking about the vette on the limiter...? The little car brents talking about was the little front wheel drive car at the rental earlier.... he has a new motor waiting to go in, so he was trying ti blow his motor... My dads motor wasn't going to blow... he's had it off the rev-limiter plenty of times....
Old 04-13-2006, 07:38 AM
8 second mod

Sounds like a plan, I'll pick up a set. It would ba fun to bring that car to a street night.

Are you talking about the vette on the limiter...? The little car brents talking about was the little front wheel drive car at the rental earlier.... he has a new motor waiting to go in, so he was trying ti blow his motor... My dads motor wasn't going to blow... he's had it off the rev-limiter plenty of times....

get a set of tires, we will go racing next wednesday. day after i get home, day befor you leave!

as for the red car, i have a good feeling Butta's car will have holes in the rear bumper soon so he can hang with the cavy
Old 04-13-2006, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

get a set of tires, we will go racing next wednesday. day after i get home, day befor you leave!

as for the red car, i have a good feeling Butta's car will have holes in the rear bumper soon so he can hang with the cavy
I'll look into the tires this afternoon!

I can see him with a hole saw drilling his bumper... but only during commercials
Old 04-13-2006, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

i heard the car did go on the nitrous once an it was in the 150's
Old 04-13-2006, 08:00 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by PurEvl
i heard the car did go on the nitrous once an it was in the 150's
Wish I could say that was true, but after the electrical problem in the morning we couldn't run it on the bottle, so we never got a nitrous pass in... I think some people confused our car with a black mustang that went 8.7 at 150+ right infront of us... If you were down in the pits it would have looked like we ran it...
Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 AM
8 second mod

tim, check out the et street drag radials!!

Mike, the car last year went 8.9 @ 150+ and that was a shake down run with some new parts.

once tim gets the hang of that car, and i teach my young grass nibller the N2O secret of life, with some time and work on the suspention, that car will go 8.9 again, and probably faster with a few little tweaks!

tim, butta's is lost.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:20 AM
9 Second Club

tim, check out the et street drag radials!!
Do I want the regular et street, or the radials?

tim, butta's is lost.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:24 AM
9 Second Club

Also does anyone have a link to the guy that takes pics on wed night, I want to see if there's any pics of us limping out of the hole in the vette...
Old 04-13-2006, 08:30 AM
8 second mod

Do I want the regular et street, or the radials?

i say try the Biggest Drag radials you can fit.
get the same over all size as your tires now.
i bet that car will hook good with a few tweeks, and those tires will be faster on motor!!