Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ati crank pulley for procharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 05:02 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ati crank pulley for procharger

i am looking to get a crank pulley for a procharger but im not sure about something...

do i need this and then bolt this to the damper

or can i just use the last picture as a crank pulley and damper?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:50 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

neither of those pics are what you get for an LS1, its close to the second pic but the blower pulley will bolt to the front of the damper.. The SDCE pulley will bolt to an ATI damper, the stock procharger lower will not. But the 8 rib procharger pulley will.

Confused yet
Old 04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
7 Second Club

ok so let me get this straight....

i do need a damper and i need a serpentine pulley also that both come from ATI.. correct?

could you embelish me with part#'s by chance... that would make the most sense to me

www.atiperformanceproducts.com

TIA
Old 04-13-2006, 07:01 PM
kp
8 Second Club

The serpentine pulley for the alt/water pump/PS is made onto the damper itself, it depends if you want the a/c pulley or not and if you want 10% underdrive or standard diameter.

Here is mine, its 10% underdrive aluminum shell without the a/c pulley, steel hub (PN 917277) and the SDCE pulley bolted to it. The a/c pulley bolts to the back of the ATI damper. Maybe that will give you an idea of what it looks like..
Old 04-14-2006, 05:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

917276 is 10% underdriven with A.C.
917277 is 10% underdriven without A.C.

Note that these are for the LS engine in an F body. I have them both listed in the store area of my website, as well as the drill kit required. Bob
Old 04-14-2006, 08:06 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
The serpentine pulley for the alt/water pump/PS is made onto the damper itself, it depends if you want the a/c pulley or not and if you want 10% underdrive or standard diameter.

Here is mine, its 10% underdrive aluminum shell without the a/c pulley, steel hub (PN 917277) and the SDCE pulley bolted to it. The a/c pulley bolts to the back of the ATI damper. Maybe that will give you an idea of what it looks like..
ok i think i got what your saying.... your ATI serpentine pulley is running the accesories at 10% under and is also serving as the damper... the "silver" pulley that bolts to the front of the serpentine damper pulley is from SDCE which is driving the blower, correct?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Just buy the kit from Bob (Exotic Perf) and you will have exactly what you need. And save yourself some headaches & change over to an 8 rib. Also plan on spending a couple hours drilling your crankshaft (for the pin so the damper/pulley doesn't spin).
Old 04-14-2006, 08:32 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Just buy the kit from Bob (Exotic Perf) and you will have exactly what you need. And save yourself some headaches & change over to an 8 rib. Also plan on spending a couple hours drilling your crankshaft (for the pin so the damper/pulley doesn't spin).

i do have faith in bob at EPP but i still like to know how everything works and why and all that good stuff...
Old 04-14-2006, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

OK, so the ATI Super Damper is needed for cars that run 10.99 & faster (NHRA SFI rating). The larger ATI pulley will not bolt up to the stock damper, so if you want more boost you need to buy both (since the MMS isn't available anymore). And an 8 rib pulley will not slip & blow off for 6-10lbs of boost like the regular 6 rib does. You will need to get the pulley kit for the s/c if you go 8 rib (it comes with more washers & longer spacers in addition to the pulley).
Old 04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
ok i think i got what your saying.... your ATI serpentine pulley is running the accesories at 10% under and is also serving as the damper... the "silver" pulley that bolts to the front of the serpentine damper pulley is from SDCE which is driving the blower, correct?
Yes, also the 8 rib pulley from ATI is similar to the SDCE pulley.

The ATI is a damper with the accessory drive pulley cut into it, if you wamted A/C that pully bolts to the rear of the damper like the SDCE bolts to the front

Quick Reply: ati crank pulley for procharger