My SS vs SRT-4 ACR

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My SS vs SRT-4 ACR

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...2C3AF6FB4E.htm

The Story behind the video...
Followed these SRT4s onto a road that no one uses. They just kept pacing me and not doing anything so, I said what the hell these guys only race from a roll 3 honks should do it. I never did this before but I didn't really care. 1 honk 2 honk...he goes 3 honk. I'm sure thats all cutesy in money racing or whatever but this is just us(and the camera ). I started in 2nd, way low in the power band. Neon had me so I let off. He kept going and I stopped.. OHH LETS VIDEO TAPE THIS PART! Anyways, we got to a light. I said Lets go again. I didn't care how they wanted to go because I knew my car had more in it. He says we'll go after we pass a bend from a 20mph roll. I put the car in first and left it there. 1 honk 2 honks 3 honks....RPMs shoot up instantly... quick shift to 2nd and gain some ground..shift to 3rd he gains some... I start pulling away. Here comes the hill, I let off the gas and then slam on my brakes. I had over a fender on him but I guess he didn't tell his friend that on the phone.
I go back to the local spot where they hang and I hear,"it has exhaust, I can hear it" HAHA I get out start asking about who's car it was. They don't come foward acting shadey. One guy asked me what mods I had, "its bone stock." I saw someone's mouth drop. I said I guess I raced you. What mods do you have, I asked him. A cutout. They kept asking me what mods my car had like I was lying. I said,"It has the factory paper filter, you can go check" It was late and I don't want people crawling all over my car. One of them asks me," What race gas are you running?" I was dumbfounded by such a question! RACE GAS? I know my car is red but it isn't a skittle. I replied,"uhh..that special stuff from BP.. you know 91 premium..its really good.." "Yeah, right! It smelled pretty sweet" I didn't want to continue this conversation so I just blew it off. Someone called me over to their car and said I was invited to some invite only local website. While I was talking with this other person, I asked what mods he had. "Everything under the sun" Later he told me he had
Front mount intercooler, STS,Stage 1 PCM, downpipe with cutout, some other garbly stuff and 18-19 PSI on the stock turbo.
The kid said he was embarassed of his mods compared to my car or something to that extent. They were nice guys and I'll be there to race them again tonight with some other F-Bodies hopefully.
Hopefully this was well written enough that you understand what happened. Its hard to get it down on the keyboard when I remember it so well...
I was just glad they got it on video
later,
Tudds
Old 04-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its too bad you didnt race him from a dig you would have ripped him a new one any way i have race a srt4 that was bone stock and with my few mods i had him by 2-3 cars from 20-90mph so there not bad cars. but the one time we raced from a dig i had 2 cars before we cleared the intersection. man i love rear wheel drive

-Josh
Old 04-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Josh2006
its too bad you didnt race him from a dig you would have ripped him a new one any way i have race a srt4 that was bone stock and with my few mods i had him by 2-3 cars from 20-90mph so there not bad cars. but the one time we raced from a dig i had 2 cars before we cleared the intersection. man i love rear wheel drive

-Josh

Yea you should have raced him from a dig (SRT-4's from a Stop = Burnout)
Old 04-25-2006, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

lol damn.. nice.. I raced my buddies bone stock acr from a 40 mph roll with me in second gear. I had lt's and a lid at the time. I beat him by 2-1/2 cars is what he told me cause i didnt look back.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

Sounds like some good fun.
Nice Races.

I hate.....
I hate.......
I hate.......... NEONS!

They just dont attract the ladies. And I hate that because
Old 04-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Stage 1 will give ya a mid to high 13 second car @ 17-18psi if he was holding boost that high. Most of those guys just don't know. I constantly have to educate them on thier forums. That flame shooting out of the bottom was an electric cut out. I saw the guy you raced on another forum. "I took care of that "SS" is bullshit
Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

I ran 12.92@110mph on stage1 19psi exhaust and drag radials... for a neon there quick. I loved mine. just decided to change platforms after 2years and 2 neons later. one of the funnest cars i owned.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dunno what it is bout these neons.. but it just pisses me off... they act like they own the streets.. i raced four of them now... and have never lost. the fastest one i raced was in so cal.. i dont kno wat he had.. but we went from a 55 mph roll.. there were to many cars in back to slow down that much.. so i went from 3rd. my car is and a4. he holds with me side to side.. and as we hit around 90 i begin to pull on him.. we shut down, like at about 125... than he wants to go again.. this time we had a chance to do it from 35.. so i put it in second... i pull on him the whole way... he never catches up... i dunno maybe i havnt raced a good one yet.. but so far i slaughterd 4, and the list will grow! hmwhahahahhaha...
Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Teching In

I went 13.60 in my old stock '04 SRT4. Gas mileage sucks, handling sucks and most of the people on the forum suck...
Old 04-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Launching!

went 13.60 in my old stock '04 SRT4
How? I'm not calling B.S. but that is a pretty good time. Did you do any sort of mod? How did you get past the wheel hop?

I get good gas mileage in mine. 26mpg in city driving and that's with beating on it.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Board Certified Idiot

It Gose TO SHOW how many PPl out in the word Actualy have NO CLUE about The Power Of a CAMARO Haha. I love it when somthing like happens
Old 04-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
How? I'm not calling B.S. but that is a pretty good time. Did you do any sort of mod? How did you get past the wheel hop?

I get good gas mileage in mine. 26mpg in city driving and that's with beating on it.
Pretty good track and slipping the clutch out at ~2,000 RPM, then banging the gears at about 5,800. The car was absolutely stock as they can be.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Launching!

i think the SS did well for being bone stock.....srt's can be nasty though, i have a friend with a stage 2 car with a 75 shot....
Old 04-27-2006, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Nice race. I wouldnt be too proud of beating a stock car. Haha.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by r0lf-
Well that depends on what car it is..
Old 04-27-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by r0lf-
He didn't beat me I had a fender length on him, he was pointing the camera at my nose and just followed my headlights. Since its such a small distance it looks like we are dead even. How long is an Fbody to the fender mediallion? 6'?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

" I took care of the SS " ..LOL.. Thats the quote of the week
Old 04-28-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went 13.7 in my stock srt with a 2.14 short time. They are decent cars, but I hate front wheel drive, only got 21 mpg, and it handled average. It was more of a pain in the *** than anything else, I had to wrench on it every weekend to keep it running good.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL nice work tudds. I know his car and it is bone stock. Let me know next time and I'll "take care" of that ACR We just won't let them hear my idle until afterwards
Old 04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

nice runs his mods should put him at a low 13 sec car. specially with that open down pipe. your ss is pretty damn sweet though i gotta say literally though just throw some drag radials on and put maybe about 2-3 cars if u run from a dig if u wanna take em off a roll just get a catback and a lid and it would pretty much do the trick.