Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready for nitrous-which kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ready for nitrous-which kit

I've got long tubes abd a cold air intake and am ready to install nitrous. Looked at several manufactures and kits. Nozzle systems, maf systems and plate systems. Wanted to get input on the pros and cons. Want to do a wet kit.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm sort of a newbie myself but have done two different kits the base NX kit and the TNT kit.

I would recommend a kit such as the MAF, TNT, HSW brute they are all made for the LS1 which just makes it a cleaner install. Just comparing the base NX kit to the TNT F1 kit.

But really you got alot of great choices these days and I have to say the nitrous vendors help with there products more than any other product I've bought for a car. In fact I have a feeling there will be something a little bigger on my ride next year

But I would call a few vendors up listed below and check out the websites there is alot of great info. Have fun!
Old 04-16-2006, 08:53 PM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

Wet kit. There are several good kits out there. I have the NX nozzle and it works well. Pick a goal and head in that direction
Old 04-17-2006, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at HSW, they have some very nice kits. Also, you may wanna check out nitrous direct, some good stuff there too
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

We can get you set up with the best kit for your application, at the best prices.. give us a shout
Old 04-17-2006, 11:46 AM
FormerVendor

Do as much research as you can on the various vendors. Also ask lots of questions, anything that comes to mind is a good question to ask. Most of the vendors and manufacturers are very helpful, even if you may not buy their product.

My personal suggestion would be to focus more on the systems that are specifically built for LSx engines. There are several very good systems out there including: NX MAF, Nitrous Outlet's Plate, Nitrous Outlet's spray bars (dry system), The Money Maker from Nitrous Outlet, and there are other good systems for the LSx engines from Dynotune and HSW as well.

IMHO, cost of the parts should not be the major factor in choosing a system. Don't get me wrong, you don't need to buy the most expensive system in order to get quality. However, don't go with a system simply because it was cheaper than the others. When you are potentially running the risk of having to replace a motor, it is just not worth it to skimp on the nitrous system because you found one that was cheaper than the others.

Also, on the subject of cost, I would highly recommend spending the extra money on some accessories. A window switch, bottle heater, pressure gauge, and fuel pressure safety switch are probably the most important.Then there are the accessories like a purge, TPS switch, and progressive controllers which are going to add alot of control to your system but they aren't an absolute necessity. If you look at some of the systems designed specifically for the LSx engines, some will include a TPS switch for activation.

If I can help with anything just let me know, I would be more than happy to (NX products or not).
Old 04-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Restricted User

And to add to the list of vital add-ons is a nice fricken filter.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CAT3
And to add to the list of vital add-ons is a nice fricken filter.
Sorry I'm a newbie and not sure what type of filter your talking about? Could you elaborate?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

He means a good 10 micron nitrous filter. You do not want to run the risk of any small particles getting to the nitrous solenoid and causing it to stick open. If this happens you might kiss your motor good by.