Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust recommendations needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust recommendations needed.

I have been listening around on LS1 sounds for a catback I like, but most of the videos are of pretty poor quality which makes it hard to choose a nice sound over the internet. So anybody with any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a more refined, sporty sound. I like it loud, but not obnoxiously so. I like it to sound high-tech and sporty but still pretty deep and mellow. Any recommendations?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:56 AM
10 Second Club

Magnaflow
Old 04-18-2006, 04:14 AM
12 Second Club

slp loudmouth, gmmg, magnaflow, borla. Or go with tru dual like from TSP. I could recommend exh systems all day but your really going to have to find different people and listen for yourself, cause what i like might not be what you like.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

borla is raspy if u ask me i heard it with lt's and an ory and its idle sound is **** and it was extremely loud and "blappy" up higher, magnaflow are good,loudmouth will sound like **** if its not a catback only and its still loud as **** im goin with hooker on my car they have the smoothest sound i have heard yet.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

borla sounds good with LT's highflow CATS and open plate. thats looks the best and sounds the best for a street car IMO. it's a little quieter with the cats but it has a throater sound to it. borla gets raspy without cats and LT's. if i was gonna run a muffler i would run LT's ory and corsa/magnaflow depending on your budget. slp loudmouth sounds sick on the outside but is raspy as hell in the high rpm on the inside of the car.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

my point exactly what sounds good to someone, others do not like.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

this is another constant debate... basically you are going to have to listen to these systems in person to really know what you want. Everyone here has their own opinions on what sounds good. Personally i just heard the GMMG on a 2000 SS with LT's and it sounded awsome. It wasnt as extreme as the LM but def a good rumble. If I had the coin i'd go for that. (plus how cool is it to have chambered pipes?)
Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

3X for Magnaflow. I had one on my 4" system a while back and it sounded awesome! Not too loud...not raspy, even without the cats on...and it set itself apart from the other mufflers by a longshot.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Addict

for the price and performance magnaflow or hooker is hard to beat.i think the hooker is alittle more mellow than the magnaflow.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

with lt's, magnaflow and hooker sound great imo. without lt's, there a bit on the too quiet side for me
Old 04-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

One that not alot of people have is the B&B triflow.. I think they sound really good, but are expensive as hell. The tips on it really fill the cutout on a transam nicely.

Personally, I have a LM on the back of my catted Y and QTP header setup, and it is loud like everyone says no way around that, but from a performance prespective, it has got to make as much or more power then any other catback... it's not much more then a straitpipe.

When I evenytually change it, I think a B&B is what I will most likly swap on, I just need to find someone that can make a good merge stainless Y pipe to mate up to it first.