LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Loudmouth? Whats your vote?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loudmouth? Whats your vote?

What does everyone think of the SLP Loudmouth setup? Anyone have it? How liveable is it? There is a local LS1 Z28 around and the thing sounds like it could knock down buildings with sound waves. BUT How is it as far as power etc? Or is it just a bunch of noise? All I can be sure of is that its loud n mean even at 1/2 Throttle.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Launching!

You'll get about the same amount of power no matter which exhaust you get. But if you want "loud n mean," the LM is definately the way to go. The only other option you have for sound is cutoffs. But, if all you're looking for is power, I suggest you keep your stock exhaust. Sure it's only 2.5" but it's enough to handle up to 400 rwhp.

Wait until you get the LM with headers, heads, and a cam. Sounds like a f'ing helicopter! I have cars that back off when they're behind me. I guess they can't handle the vibrations!

On a side note, you will see people roll up their windows in an "attempt" to deafen the sound (like that works). Oh well, it's better than punks repesent'n "thug life" blasting rap music out their car stereos.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Once you start modding the car you won't enjoy the sound near as much. It pretty much eliminates the ability to "play" on the streets at all. No quick pulls from a light, etc...

Just too loud with mods.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1 Guy
You'll get about the same amount of power no matter which exhaust you get. But if you want "loud n mean," the LM is definately the way to go. The only other option you have for sound is cutoffs. But, if all you're looking for is power, I suggest you keep your stock exhaust. Sure it's only 2.5" but it's enough to handle up to 400 rwhp.

Wait until you get the LM with headers, heads, and a cam. Sounds like a f'ing helicopter! I have cars that back off when they're behind me. I guess they can't handle the vibrations!

On a side note, you will see people roll up their windows in an "attempt" to deafen the sound (like that works). Oh well, it's better than punks repesent'n "thug life" blasting rap music out their car stereos.
I love owning those thug life idiots with a quick brap of the exhaust.

Honestly I like the way the Loudmouth sounds. But if I had the money I would get a GMMG. mmmmm GMMG its like good even saying it.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DarkHorse
Once you start modding the car you won't enjoy the sound near as much. It pretty much eliminates the ability to "play" on the streets at all. No quick pulls from a light, etc...

Just too loud with mods.
quoted for 100% accuracy.

the sound was awesome at first. this was coming from a stock exhaust with a flowmaster muffler. Once I put my 383 in it was just entirely too loud. Now im trading it to a buddy for his hooker catback.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Teching In

i love my hooker exhaust i think it sounds awesome. good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
What does everyone think of the SLP Loudmouth setup? Anyone have it? How liveable is it? There is a local LS1 Z28 around and the thing sounds like it could knock down buildings with sound waves. BUT How is it as far as power etc? Or is it just a bunch of noise? All I can be sure of is that its loud n mean even at 1/2 Throttle.
It should be one of the best as far as power goes since the "muffler" is really just a hollow bellow.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

Hey, whats wrong with rap music? It aint like county is any better.

Loud exhuast is cool but it also makes you a target. Like someone else says it limits playing around on the street.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

My Loudmouth - cammed+bolt-ons - at idle and a 12.x pass

http://media.putfile.com/GTP4-Idle

http://media.putfile.com/1244-Loudmouth---April-2k5
Old 04-28-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Yea I am sure it makes u stand out as a target...But damn so mean I am somewhat of an exhaust **** you might say. I wish I could change my setup for my every mood. No one pipe is ever just right. Just wanted to see what those in the "know" thought of the LM. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Lethal Z
Hey, whats wrong with rap music? It aint like county is any better.

Loud exhuast is cool but it also makes you a target. Like someone else says it limits playing around on the street.

There's nothing wrong with the music. But I do have a problem with the lyrics. When I'm sitting at a traffic light I don't want to hear about somebody kiling people, doing drugs/selling drugs, or having sex. What really irritates me is that there will be a mini van with a bunch of kids in it and the guy blasting the music doesn't give a crap. As long as he (or she... although very rarely) can hear the car rattling around like a marble in spray paint can, they'll just decline the seat as far back as they can and use their twig like arms to steer. All this while wearing a wife beater, a winter cap, and a watch three times bigger than their wrist. That pretty much describes 90% of them out there. And it doesn't matter if they are asian, white, black, hispanic or all of the above. The stereotype fits.

Having it the car loud does limit "play" in the streets. But, wtf are people doing racing on the streets anyway? I had an old white guy in an '06 Lincoln Town car burn rubber and haul *** at a traffic light in a 35mph speed zone. What a dumbass. All I could do was sit back and laugh. If you want a piece of me, put down some cash and meet me at the track. I don't win for free. Gas prices are killing my cruising time and I want to be reinbursed for the smack down of anyone's wannabe race car ***.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

There's nothing wrong with the music. But I do have a problem with the lyrics. When I'm sitting at a traffic light I don't want to hear about somebody kiling people, doing drugs/selling drugs, or having sex. What really irritates me is that there will be a mini van with a bunch of kids in it and the guy blasting the music doesn't give a crap. As long as he (or she... although very rarely) can hear the car rattling around like a marble in spray paint can, they'll just decline the seat as far back as they can and use their twig like arms to steer. All this while wearing a wife beater, a winter cap, and a watch three times bigger than their wrist. That pretty much describes 90% of them out there. And it doesn't matter if they are asian, white, black, hispanic or all of the above. The stereotype fits.

Having it the car loud does limit "play" in the streets. But, wtf are people doing racing on the streets anyway? I had an old white guy in an '06 Lincoln Town car burn rubber and haul *** at a traffic light in a 35mph speed zone. What a dumbass. All I could do was sit back and laugh. If you want a piece of me, put down some cash and meet me at the track. I don't win for free. Gas prices are killing my cruising time and I want to be reinbursed for the smack down of anyone's wannabe race car ***.
Wiggers suck.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

yall should try the TSP Rumbler on a LT1 thats what i did its as loud as my car with a cutout was on the old stock engine and exhuast... this is the new exhuast http://media.putfile.com/exhuast-clip
Old 04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

I agree, some of the lyrics are very annoying. Loud music to the point where your car rattles is ridiculous. However I've also seen a WS6 with an SLP exhuast scare the crap out of a couple of toddlers in a sebring convertable at the light. Kids went total ape **** screeming kicking and everything.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 04-30-2006, 02:24 AM
Launching!

the only cat-back i would choose besides the LM is borla
Old 04-30-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its wonderful on a stock car. But i have LT's,no cat,ORy and LM. And i ******* LOVE it at WOT its out of this world loud. But when your cruising and your rpms are about 1.5 it sounds like ***, but if you can deal with it for that time that your crusing nothing beats it at WOT.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

I never mentioned street racing in my post - read it again. "Play" on the streets means ANYTHING related to more than 20% TPS for instance: Blipping your throttle if you have a converter will draw much more attention to you than it's worth. I will blip the throttle to gauge how the torque feels there. It's not a pull but more like just rapping the throttle. You can't leave a light too hard or you will draw too much attention. That is "playing" on the street to me.

Take it to the track - anyway, you won't like the LM once you really start modding the car. It sounds like crap.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

if you are looking into getting an Slp exhaust get the 2otl exhaust it sounds great. It isnt to loud and isnt to quiet.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a love it/hate it catback. I happen to hate it. I don't mind a loud catback, but the tone of a loudmouth with LTs is awful. I'd take a Magnaflow any day over it.