Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do we need a sticky with all the wiring diagrams?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do we need a sticky with all the wiring diagrams?

Ok, in the last few days/weeks, I'd say about 10% or more of the questions in this sextion are wiring related. So, I am thinking maybe assembling a thread of all the wiring diagrams related to nitrous. Including:

Installation of CF, Edelbrock, NOS, NX, NW, TNT systems, or at least the basics, simply cut n paste from their site, or from using the search button.

Bottle heaters, from the sponsors as well.

MSD WS wiring. This is a dead horse, but the search button seems to not work in the sextion.

Transbrake and 2Step wiring as well.

Any other suggestions?

Charlie
Old 05-04-2006, 01:44 AM
Staging Lane

I agree, this would be very helpful.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

i made a post with one. it doesnt include fpss and uses microswitch so im using it and just guessing on the rest... ill have to draw mine up so you can check it over for me.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Charlie I requested awhile back that the links in the post I did be updated/hosted but no one did so a few are broke. The TNT diagram works as well as the Nitrous Express FAQ, but the NOS ones are broke. I think they need to be hosted on tech's server just so we don't have problems like this in the future. JMO
Old 05-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Restricted User

Chad, sounds good. I'll get Johns attention on this and see if he agree's. I'd like to move the wiring out of the FAQ's or Retitle it to be FAQ and Wiring. I'd really hate to use my new tool for newbs:

Old 05-04-2006, 04:02 AM
TECH Junkie

I agree. Does the search work now??
Old 05-04-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Addict

Yes,
Two Stage is catching on...
Old 05-04-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Instead of just pictures as wiring diagrams, can we make them Flash? I'd suggest something else, like the software electrical engineers use but who the hell wants to pay for that, right? I suggest making the diagrams out of Flash since it has the ability to show/hide layers (with a tiny bit of work)... and it's free from Macormedia (the plug-in anyway). Each layer would show just one (or two) wire(s). This would make it 1000 times easier for new people because they could just eliminate each set of wires one by one, by hiding/showing the preferred layer, till the whole job is done. So if I only wanted to see how the wire from the nitrous solenoid connected to the relay, I would have that option.

Your opinions?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i like the flash idea but who here is good at that? and yes for a wireing solo stickie
Old 05-04-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

that is a great idea i know that i have give like 4 people one of the diagrams i got when i installed mine in the past couple of days. i think a sticky on just basic installs to like where to run the wire through the fire wall how to mount the noids and the WOT switch and stuff like that. It would have helped me, because when i installed mine i did not know that some made those jimmy jam switches and just tried to make my own.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

No matter what...you can't sticky the ability to do the work. I'm not suggesting it isn't worth the effort...but the same wiring questions willk be asked...just a new place to send them i suppose.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nice.
Ricky
Old 05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great idea
I think wireing the kits was the hardest part of the first kit i installed. Charlie can attest to that bowl of spagetti that i shipped to him.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by reject
i like the flash idea but who here is good at that? and yes for a wireing solo stickie
I wouldn't have suggested it if I couldn't I'll come up with an example to show you what Flash could do, but with the numerous progressive controllers our there, and 500 different ways to wire up dual and tripple stages with single or multiple TPS, RPM, etc. switches... there's no way I'm coming up with ALL of that on my own. Think of the combinations! I think we need to get a list of the most popular setup types... what hardware is everyone using? A poll perhaps?
Old 05-04-2006, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

progressive controller install diagram
Old 05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

To many different combinations. 12 different people will want to wire up stuff in 12 different ways even if they all had the same 4 pieces of equipment.

What needs to be put up is a wiring 101 instructional peice. It should show how single pole double throw switches work, double pole doube through switches work, how relays work, how to use switched power or switched ground on stuff, why you need relays for high current applications, good grounding technique, proper crimp connection, proper solder work, T'ing, breaking, splicing, ...proper wire routing, how to come through firewalls via factory groumets and where/how to drill you own holes through the firewall, finding switched and hot 12V signals, finding tach signals, troubleshooting problems, and how to use test lights and volt/ohm meters just for starters.

Folks, and most shops unfortunatley, need to learn how to do it right. The few basics above in an educational format should be able to help a lot more then a stack of wire diagrams. When someone understands it, they don't need a diagram anymore, and they won't need to wait on others to help them.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Restricted User

BMN, would you be willing to contribute a wiring 101 of that nature, and Somebody09 if you will do the flash it'll get stickied. That would allow you to do them as you can, and add to it. I agree for each particular thing there are multiple ways ppl will try doing it, however sometimes I wonder if its done that way because ppl dont have this kind of knowledge/help/input.

Hennytime, for Pro Controllers there are just too many different ones out there, and from what I have seen most all the new ones have a very comprehensive manual, but not sure.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

damn this ***** going to be kick ***!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:57 PM
Restricted User

Please send any diagrams to my email, so I can get the full size pics hosted, and included in the sticky.
cat3n4@gmail.com

Once all the emails are in, I wil start building the Wiring thread, and from there see what we need to add, modify, delete etc... Thanks everyone.

Also, include username when email so contributors can be listed after each section/diagram. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

YEEEEEEEEEEES!!! especially for noobs like me