Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

victor jr. users.... need pics of your fuel rails...and some info

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default victor jr. users.... need pics of your fuel rails...and some info

I bought my manifold before they offered it with the fuel rail "kit" i have the nasty performance rails and their "kit" but it doesn't have the spacer between the rail block and the manifold, i'm needing to know how long that spacer is, what size it is, and what size thread/pitch the bolt is to bolt it down to the vic. jr. thanks for any info.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:54 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, you know who you can donate some fuel rails to if you don't need them.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Banned

oh i definatly need them....gotta feed this beast with something. i guess i could run 2 seperate fuel cells and just have a block that dumps fuel directly into each cylinder....
Old 05-07-2006, 03:27 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

haha, you said dump. Sounds like a monster Matt.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

nah, just a street car..... anyone know?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by skipperbisket
I bought my manifold before they offered it with the fuel rail "kit" i have the nasty performance rails and their "kit" but it doesn't have the spacer between the rail block and the manifold, i'm needing to know how long that spacer is, what size it is, and what size thread/pitch the bolt is to bolt it down to the vic. jr. thanks for any info.
I did the exact same thing you did. I stongly suggest getting the rails for the Edelbrock Jr. We had to fabricate "L" brackets out of some aluminum flat bar and drill holes in the rails to line up with the mounting holes on the intake. The problem is getting the brackets to line-up perfectly with regard to injector angle and making sure the injector is firmly seated in the intake. We had all sorts of leak issues before getting this right. We actually did this on two different manifolds. You can't really see them on this pic. But, I'll try and post some more tomorrow as I have one of the manifolds off right now. With all the trouble we went through, I would just get Edelbrocks fuel rails if we did this again. $60.00 is damn cheap for those rails anyways. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with the Nasty rails. Those are some great rails. Just a bit of a pain to install on this intake because ot the need to fabricate brackets.

Carlos Villalon, Jr.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

i got a ? for you guys too, when you run billet fuel rails like on the vic jr., what do you do about a fuel press regulator?
Old 05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Banned

run an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator just like a carb setup....

Carlos, you think i could buy the edelbrock rail "kit" and still get away with using the Nasty rails with the edelbrock kit? and just sell the edelbrock rails or something...
Old 05-07-2006, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

run an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator just like a carb setup....

Carlos, you think i could buy the edelbrock rail "kit" and still get away with using the Nasty rails with the edelbrock kit? and just sell the edelbrock rails or something...
Quite honestly, I would sell the Nasty rails to cover what you paid and use that to get the rails from Summit. If decide to use the Nasty rails, you simply need to drill holes in the same locations as the Edelbrocks and use their brackets. But, you run the risk of actually drilling into the portion of rail that carries the fuel. I know this because I screwed up and had to end-up threading a bolt through that hold and using JB weld as a thread sealer. It works fine, but really pissed me off when I did this.

Carlos Villalon
Old 05-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned

honestly the nasty rails were free so i could actually make some cash on the deal. awesome, you don't happen to know what size the inlet/outlets are on the edelbrock rails do you?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

honestly the nasty rails were free so i could actually make some cash on the deal. awesome, you don't happen to know what size the inlet/outlets are on the edelbrock rails do you?
This is what is posted at the Edelbrock site:

"Aluminum Fuel Rails
CNC machined from aluminum extrusions, these fuel rails have a 9/16" i.d. fuel passage, a flow-through design and 3/8" pipe threads on both ends. All hardware is included. Bracket stands included match with standard injectors (2.650" O-ring spacing) or pico injectors (1.50" O-ring spacing) as indicated."

The part number is #3638. Summit #EDL-3638, list for $69.95, and are in stock.

I would have opted for the Edelbrock rails from the begining, but there was a backorder on the manifold that came with them. At that time, their rail supplier couldn't keep up with the demand. Looks like they have taken care of the supply issue. When I go to larger injectors, I'm going to get the Edelbrock rails.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:46 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Well I have some cash!

Quick Reply: victor jr. users.... need pics of your fuel rails...and some info