Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What brand are ebay Halos??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What brand are ebay Halos??

So I bought some Anzo Black Halos from a vendor that told me the Ebay ones were **** (I'm not saying they are ****). But honestly the fit of the Anzo's is not exactly stock. They look good for driver I guess but if this was a lower mile nicer car like my WS6 and Z06 were I'd be a little upset.

Just wondering what brand they are, I might buy a set if they are different and see if they fit any better. If they are Anzo's or more than likely made by the same company then it is pointless and I've already spent 50 bucks more than I had to.

The over all look is nice though, just the gaps and the big gap in the weatherstripping or seal or whatever bug. But I could get used to it I guess, thinking of taking it to a body shop to see if they could do better...

Last edited by 93TAWicked1; 05-08-2006 at 01:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think they are all the same.

I just got mine. Made in Taiwan, came double boxed shipping box outside and individually boxed white boxes inside, headlights set in foam. Came with Phillips bulbs, woven type insulation on the halo wires, and a gasketed wire loom around the halo wires. Were $135 shipped. Chances are if yours match all those things, we got the same thing.

I would be extremely suprised if there were two companies making halos.

The weatherstripping has a gap in it in the same place as stockers. It doesn't go all the way around. It does seem to be a lower quality rubber so give it some protectant every now and then, I guess.

I also have a maybe 1/4" gap at the outside bottom edges to the fascia. One of my factory's was like that, but now both of them are. I might look into more but it needs tweaking of the actual car mounts to fix, when the gaps are gone the lights are not aimed straight, so it's either gaps or good lighting for me, til I have time or decide it's worth messing with.

The brackets are kind of goofy so some people have better luck using factory brackets. I swapped mine over and the fit was the same. I suspect it's more that the brackets have both an overall level and a comparative level in both adjustments that some people miss, so when they use the stockers they are already set up right.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Junkie

NICE well the vendor is misinformed and I spent 100 bucks more on the same product that is sold on ebay! Oh well but yes my came in the exact same packaging. I mentioned that I'd be suprised if there were more than one manufacturer but he claimed he had tried both. Maybe he got a older version the first time.

I used the brackets that came with them and it seems decent from that respect the lights are pretty level. The stockers had a very small gap these have about a 2 inch gap in the rubber.

Its not a show car and these look good going down the road.

Todd any pics of your ride with the Z06's and badges??
Old 05-08-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Addict

lol sounds like the vendor took you for a ride.

As far as I know only one company makes them and they all fit like ****. The easiest thing to do is to put the halo light onto your stock bracket, that way it is already adjusted & ready to go. I got mine on eBay and they fit shitty too but I don't think I've ever met someone who said they slipped right in!
Old 05-08-2006, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

Mine fit like **** too. I ended up taking the mount bracket in the car off and putting 7 washers behind each screw that held it in, so it would push the lights further out. Oh well. They look alright.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think at least part of the problem is that the halos (mine at least) seem to have a different "aim bias" than stock. That is, when I swapped mine over to factory brackets - with the same alignment the lights were now pointing too much outward, by quite alot. So if you have a car whose front end just happens to be set up at it's limits at one end with stock lights, the halos cause problems.

The Halos come with the aiming screws nearly set all the way out. Ideally the balance of the two (relative to each other) handles aiming, while the net setting (what zone of travel you are in) on both takes care of the fit. The problem on my car, at least, is the correct setting for aiming doesn't allow enough clearance at the outboard edges (to the fenders) to push the lights out forward enough to close the bumper gap.

Since the front ends of our cars are an absolute mess of things pretty much just tossed together, this makes alot of sense to me. People get frustrated if they can't just toss the lights right in, but I at least understand what the problem is, and it can be fixed, you just have to understand how to go about it. Some time I'm bored and feel like working on the car I'll fix it, but it's not the fault of the lights.

Now that the halos are in I'll get some pics up next time I have a good location / light to work with, since the outside of my car is done now (appearance wise).
Old 05-08-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine fit pretty damn good, just alittle gap but nothing noticeable. just got to adjust them and i used the bracket that came with them and they look great. got mine from matrixracing.com back when they were only 195 bucks but price has gone up since they have become more popular.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea they all seem to have that gap.... you'll get used to it, or at least I did
Old 05-08-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

mmMmmMMM... halos...

Quick Reply: What brand are ebay Halos??