Silver Mustang with maroon flames in Pasadena?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Silver Mustang with maroon flames in Pasadena?

Anyone know who owns it? It's a 2000ish with wide low-pro ires and wheels all the way around it and sounded strong. He wanted to play on the BW-8 south feeder last night (the wife was driving ) and was curious if he wanted to set something up. I think he sprays the car also if that helps.

Thanks!

Last edited by TXCAMSS; 05-21-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
Anyone know who owns it? It's a 2000ish with wide low-pro ires and wheels all the way around it and sounded strong. He wanted to play on the BW-8 south feeder last night (the wife was driving ) and was curious if he wanted to set something up. I think he sprays the car also if that helps.

Thanks!
im not sure but the only car that comes to mind is this one https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=saleen

but the flames arent maroon.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:01 PM

The body and wheels looked like that, but it had dark maroon or possibly red flames. I had never seen it before. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

james you running the car tonight? lmk so i can check it out finally
Old 05-21-2006, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

I know the car you speak of, at least i think. It is a 99-00 silver GT slammed on y2K chrome R's with maroonish flames, car is fast and blown, but I havent seen it for a long time, let me dig around.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:47 PM

It sure sounded mean and he was wanting to play, but the traffic was a sure death trap. I'm pretty sure he purged as he coasted past us and then dropped back hoping for a 20 yard blast

I will probably be at HRP making some 60ft test hits.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, small world. I actually came on here today to look for you as well, lol. The flames are actually gunmetal, 50/50 mix of the silver and black. I was heading back from amc 30 and saw your ride up ahead. Traffic wasn't great but was hoping for a short run. I was ahead of you a car or two and dropped back since we had a clearing. You got beside me and jumped. I should have rolled down my window and signalled "on three" but instead I honked three times thinking you understood.

Most people think my car is s/c because of the bad wine. Its actually the cause of doubling your stock hp on a transmission with 100k miles, lol. I'd love to meet up and run them, I never get any good runs. Just give me the specs on your mods to ensure we're not wasting anyone's times. With you having skinnies, I take it you are beyond just bolt-ons. Anything you want to know about my car just ask, its purely a street car with alittle extra kick.

After looking at your avatar, just bolt-ons are definately out of the question.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:53 PM

It is a small world. That's too funny. I thought I saw that "extra kick" fly out over the windsheild and thought it could be a good run. I wasn'tdriving the car though it was my wife (in her car actually). She hadn't driven it quite a while and wasn't real comfortable since it is a little more than bolt-ons We haven't even ran with the new mods yet so it would have been a toss up really. Traction would have been a bit of an issue. We'll know a little more tonight after we get back from HRP.

Maybe we'll run into each other again sometime. Take care and keep it straight.

James
Old 05-21-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Do you drive it much on the street? If so, I'm sure we'll cross paths again. When I saw skinnies on an LS1 I knew I didn't have a chance na. I was purging in hopes for a small run. It looks like we make similar power but with an auto and being na, I'd have to give you the edge. My tranny is limping along and while you can just ease off the throttle to regain traction, I can't without dropping way off in power. I made 53x/645rwtq last week on the dyno through a 200 shot. I'm definately going turbo next and have been thinking about converting to a 408. My only concern is getting an inspection sticker every yr. I just want at least 700rwhp for my beater, lol.

I'd guess you run high 10s, maybe low, low 11s with your setup. I don't have any track time with my car but in feb I did go through the suspension just in case. It has coil overs all the way around, adj shocks and struts, 31 spline axles, with upper and lower control arms, cc plates, and a k-member. Right now it weighs around 3500 with me in it but I'd like to drop a few lbs. I for some reason haven't practiced launching techniques with my car so I can get the most out of it yet na. I may start going to the track to get some seat time in.

Take care man and maybe we'll meet again.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn that would have been fun james...hey LS2 KLR your ride sounds mean...cya out at hrp james im leaving as we speak
Old 05-21-2006, 11:13 PM

Yeah we would be a good run. We actually drive it quite bit on the street. Who ever leaves for work first gets first shot at the Camaro.lol. It seems I get it everytime it needs gas though.

We ran some 10.70s tonight at HRP and weighed in at 3645#s Ouch! We have a few bugs to work out and it'll be in the mid to low 10's NA. I think we'll stop modding at that point. I know I've only said that a few hundred times.lol.

I'll see ya around man!!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

car ran good james...too bad i couldnt say that....i had 2.2x 60fts with 113mph traps...
Old 05-21-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
Yeah we would be a good run. We actually drive it quite bit on the street. Who ever leaves for work first gets first shot at the Camaro.lol. It seems I get it everytime it needs gas though.

We ran some 10.70s tonight at HRP and weighed in at 3645#s Ouch! We have a few bugs to work out and it'll be in the mid to low 10's NA. I think we'll stop modding at that point. I know I've only said that a few hundred times.lol.

I'll see ya around man!!

Congrats on the times I don't think you ever stop modding. I know I've said the same thing several times before. Its hard to imagine that having a car with 500+rwhp doesn't make me happy. I'm hoping that adding another couple hundred hp will cure me. If not, I have issues.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

so James u got the car out
we need to meet at the track son
Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 PM

I should have a few bugs knocked out and the converter upgraded soon. I'll be there with bells on!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn scalemaste and day...i wanna see that race