Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Bring back the Firebird - let GM know how you feel!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bring back the Firebird - let GM know how you feel!

I'm not gonna sit back and let the Firebird die without a fight. I figure I can do all within my power to get us heard.

I'm working on a webpage now, but for the time being, check out the forum I put up on the site!

http://www.savethefirebird.com
Old 06-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as much as i'd love a new firebird....it probly wont happen.

your "Badge Engineering" works statement is not true....

you are in the minority.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

I still don't understand how badge engineering doesn't work. You're giving more options of the same vehicle. I sure as hell wouldn't have bought a Trailblazer if it looked like an Envoy, or even given the Torrent a second thought if it looked like the Equinoq.

Look at the people who have fallen in love with the Sky and say they don't like the Solstice, and vice-versa.

And I sure as hell am not going to buy a Camaro, I only drive Pontiacs.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

If you wanted to save the firebird you should have done this 5 years ago.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

I really don't want the Firebird to come back. Sorry, just the way I feel.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dammit, you guys are getting hung up on semantics.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 4Birdman
I dont see them as different cars, just different appearances, I drive Gm.

Originally Posted by Predator
Im just curious why you dont want them to come back?
Old 06-01-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camaroextra
I dont see them as different cars, just different appearances, I drive Gm.
Yeah, but I've always liked the look of Pontiacs better. Plus, I am a Pontiac nut and that's all I really want to own.

Only Chevy car I've owned was a Z34 Monte Carlo. Only thing I could think about as I drove it was that I wished it was a Grand Prix. Got rid of it and bought a Firebird.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Im just curious why you dont want them to come back?
I could give the politically correct answer and say that I feel that the Firebird reached a peak with the 4th gen, and subsequent versions would be pale imitations, but the truth is that my reasons are totally selfish. I don't plan on selling my T/A ever, and as long as a new Firebird never appears, that means that my 2000 will never be compared to a new Firebird and look outdated like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations appear to a 4th generation owner. Also, even though I'll never sell it, if the 4th gen is the last FB, it may be worth more some day.

I'd like to see new FBs for the people that want them, but the selfish truth is that I really don't want that to happen.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im with you man.
I dont want to see another bird. It's a cool feeling to know that I have one of the last gens. And no I dont care if it wont be worth much...its just the satisfaction I get of having a muscle car they dont make anymore.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
Im with you man.
I dont want to see another bird. It's a cool feeling to know that I have one of the last gens. And no I dont care if it wont be worth much...its just the satisfaction I get of having a muscle car they dont make anymore.
And since there's nothing newer to compare it to, it will remain forever young.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't mind if my 98 TA looked old, then I'd be the guy with a really well-maintained old TA.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

I could give the politically correct answer and say that I feel that the Firebird reached a peak with the 4th gen, and subsequent versions would be pale imitations, but the truth is that my reasons are totally selfish. I don't plan on selling my T/A ever, and as long as a new Firebird never appears, that means that my 2000 will never be compared to a new Firebird and look outdated like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations appear to a 4th generation owner. Also, even though I'll never sell it, if the 4th gen is the last FB, it may be worth more some day.

I'd like to see new FBs for the people that want them, but the selfish truth is that I really don't want that to happen.
I agree.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Banned

What?
They are the same ******* thing.

The consoles, dash's, rims, tranny's, engines,seats, doors, shocks, struts, coils, brakes, axle, etc...

Its identical, year for year and usually interchangable with no problem.

Pontiacs are junk anyways.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

They are not the same thing, otherwise they'd look the same with different badges. A 4th gen TA and a 4th gen Camaro are not the same thing in looks/interior/style.

While Camaros are good looking, they never did anything for me. I always liked Pontiac's cars better, no matter what the cars were.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Very well stated. I feel the same way.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Launching!

id love to see a new firebird/trans am. there is so much more room for improvement from the 4th gens. imagine a newer firebird... not a lame retro-back to the golden age-firebird that looks like the older versions, but something sportier, more like a muscle/sports car mix, american muscle meets sports car styling. it seems anyway pontiac is trying to become the new american-bmw... straying away from power for a more luxurious ride.. but if they incoperate power-roots with a enropean design, they would have a winner, especially with a low price tag. a two door, 4 seater with massive power and dragracing inspiration. like a new corvette, but with a little more agressive designing, 4 seats... they would make the interior better and more bmw-like(nicer seats, navigation, satalite radio, less crappy rattles), but still simple enough to take to the track on weekends. toss in an ls7 - inspired engine (or maybe even just the workhorse ls2..). i would buy one in a heartbeat... a sports muscle car seems to have been done already (corvette), but htey would corner the market with a sports car with american muscle roots.. mustang, camaro, challenger all have that same principle box like design, but instead of making a car with sports car looks, they made muscle cars, things that look to the past for inspiration, and probably wont be all that fast (those cars = heavy for the most part). camaro looking toward the past, firebird born agian looking toward the future... cliche yes, but something worth looking into. who wouldnt buy that kind of car. i mean, if some designer could manage to perfectly mix the trans am agressive looks with like, say a new sporty looking vette or something, hten toss a massive v8... wow im starting to get wet...
Old 06-01-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not gonna sit back and let the Firebird die without a fight.
well you're a little late dude. Were you in a coma for the past 4 years?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I fought for it back in 2001, I can't even remember how many calls I made and how many voicemails I left with people at GM.

I just think this is the last chance to get it back. If they build a GTO and a Camaro, the Firebird is dead for good.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

I just think this is the last chance to get it back. If they build a GTO and a Camaro, the Firebird is dead for good.
I heard pontiac discontinued the GTO but i still hope pontiac won't make the the mistake of bringing back the T/A.... don't take me wrong but as much as i LOVE 4th gen birds I don't ever want to see a 5th gen bird IMO a black WS6 is the second sexiest thing after a C6 Z06 of course.

Quick Reply: Bring back the Firebird - let GM know how you feel!