LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What would you ask?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would you ask?

I drive 45 miles a day each way to school, something my camaro just isn't up to. I can't afford the gas, etc. bottom line is it has to be sold, i'm getting an 06' 4-cylinder car with warranty, economy, slowness!!

My front bumper is new, but not painted, the front drivers fender got fucked a few weeks ago, and the drivers rear fender is dented in(see my website www.toby.orlandochevys.com for pics)

The engine runs great, tranny shifts solid, posi is fine but not when the drag radials were on it, it did a nice one wheel peel, small oil leak from lower intake, nothing major.

I have a nice alpine head unit, full components, and mods in sig(plus a racetronix pump and wiring kit just installed)

the car is having some issues right now, i believe fuel pressure regulator, but it WILL be fix before sale.

My wheels don't even have a tank of gas on them yet, brand new as are the tires.

do you think $4,000 is a fair asking price for the car? 125k miles on the ODO, 10k miles on the heads.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

ehh not too bad... depends on that body... i mean my TA is a 96 and flawless body with every option (and a BRAND NEW motor with warrenty) and i paid $5000....

but from the time in your sig it soudns like you got a helluva runner.. but that body may kill you
Old 06-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Are those stock heads? And what wheels are those? You would have no problem selling that car for that price.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stock heads. just new. they are ss 10 spokes, freshly powdercoated, literally dont even have one tank of gas on them yet before i parked the car.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I drive 45 miles a day each way to school, something my camaro just isn't up to. I can't afford the gas, etc. bottom line is it has to be sold, i'm getting an 06' 4-cylinder car with warranty, economy, slowness!!

My front bumper is new, but not painted, the front drivers fender got fucked a few weeks ago, and the drivers rear fender is dented in(see my website www.toby.orlandochevys.com for pics)

The engine runs great, tranny shifts solid, posi is fine but not when the drag radials were on it, it did a nice one wheel peel, small oil leak from lower intake, nothing major.

I have a nice alpine head unit, full components, and mods in sig(plus a racetronix pump and wiring kit just installed)

the car is having some issues right now, i believe fuel pressure regulator, but it WILL be fix before sale.

My wheels don't even have a tank of gas on them yet, brand new as are the tires.

do you think $4,000 is a fair asking price for the car? 125k miles on the ODO, 10k miles on the heads.
if you still have it in three months which is doughtful, but if you do, i will buy it and pay for the shipping to my house! i want two LT1's, dont ask why, i just want another one! Would look sweet to open my garage and see a camaro and a bird in there side by side!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I don't know about you, but my Z is similar to yours, although its not as beat up or abused as yours. ( No pun intended )

You should be getting over 20 mpg with your mods if you drive it nice.
Im up here in NY and during the winter ( about 6-8 months ) drive a 97 V-6 Concorde with a DOHC 24 Valve 3.5 Liter. I got it for 500 bucks, runs like a champ .
It gets about the same gas mileage as my Z.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I have a nice old Caddy for my other car, and it gets a little better than my Z28. If I drove the Z easy, then it might get better gas mileage.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i can get decent mileage, but when all is said and done the car just isn't practical. I'm getting a new car, and starting to save for the second model year of the new camaro when it comes out. I think i can wait that long to have something fast. i hope

and 97superformy... who knows if i'll still have it then, if i find somewhere to keep the car i plan on fixing and painting it, then getting rid of it, so i'll keep you posted.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Bad Seller Warning!

you can find perfect condition cars with the same miles for less than that...
Old 06-04-2006, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yea, I was thinking about the new Camaro, but for the price when it comes out, I can get me a 04' Z06. I can save about $1000 a month for it right now, so I might get one of them...

Quick Reply: What would you ask?