Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

ohio/e-check/aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ohio/e-check/aftermarket exhaust

This goes mainly to the ohio peeps. i am starting to plan my exhaust and i was wondering what all the other ohio people have especially the ones that have to deal with e-check. i was thinking pace setter long tubes and catted y to the flow master that is currently on the car but i've learned that flow master isn;t that great, so i thought pacesetters to a catted true dual set up. and other ideas or better suggestions.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:01 AM
10 Second Club

I have the flowmaster too, and its really not worth the money . True duals is a great idea! I heard some good things about pace setters. As long as you go with the catted pipes it shouldnt be too loud. I got the QTP long tubes, and the QTP catted y. Then I added on electronic cutouts so I could bypass the flowmaster if needed. Its a pretty nice set up, but I would rather have true duals.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

As long as you have cats, you SHOULD be ok. I had MAC headers on mine and a catted Y and they never said anything. Be sure to get an OBDII Compliant tune and you are set.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

do you know anybody that makes catted true duals?
Old 06-09-2006, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

I was amazed... when they e-checked mine, they didn't even do a visual inspection. Just plugged in to the OBDII port, collected my $20, and I was on my way.

Good news, it's free now.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

free? really? i live in rocky river so i go to the one on the median road north of I-90 west. any news on when it is being eliminated.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kozak
do you know anybody that makes catted true duals?
BMR on Ebay does. I got my non catted set up for 200$ I had a few fitment issues so I can tell you saving money has its draw backs. Just make sure you have a grinding wheel cause one of the pipes wouldnt fit on the collector. Besides the 2 weeks it took for them to ship it I feel I got a good deal. True Duals are outragously loud no matter what.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Yep, they increased the tax on cigarettes and eliminated the charge for the echeck. I live in Westlake (I have a black '98 with Z06 wheels if you've ever seen it around), so I went to the same one up off of 90.

Hope they get rid of the whole thing soon.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah me too, i hate e-check. yeah NBM '99 z28 m6 here just got it a couple of months ago.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Launching!

I live in Sheffield Lake, you guys should maybe look into collector plates. Do you guys go up to the Steak n Lube at all on Sundays? I will keep my eyes open, there are quite a few nice fbodys running around here at the moment. You guys should check out the local club here in CLE, www.neofb.com
Old 06-16-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i go to quaker on sundays infact i will prob be there this sun. the only thing i don't like is that the entire back area where we park are always infested with retarded ricers and mustang owners, ridin' low wit they dEtroit lean on. keep an eye out '99 z28 t-top NBM m-6
Old 06-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Teching In

if you have cats dont worry about how loud the car is. ive had mustangs roll through that you cuold tell the cat was cut in half and gutted.

If your check engine light is on with an OBDII car... you have a 99% chance your going to fail(i ahvent seen one pass).if you ahve a pre(1995 and older) OBDII car and your check engine light is on its 50/50...although ive passed quit a few of them.

doesnt matter how loud your car is.

TIP...if you ahve adjustable suspension...SLAM IT TO THE GROUND!!!! if we cant drive the vehicle on the dyno(pre obdII) (sorry to all the OBDII guys we still test it since they are not automaticlly put on the dyno, but if heres a chace you get a down grade then if its slammed we cant drive it and there ya go BAG TEST)we do a "bag test" and that eliminates NOX which can only be tested if the vehicle is under a load and being driven. basicaly a bag test is we idle the car up to about 2500 rpm and do the gasses that way.

yes echeck are now free TO THE PEOPLE WHO NEED THEM... if you go there and dont need one its going to be 19.50, unless you find some dumb echeck people and get a freebie IT HAPPENS....

if u guys need any other info on echeck lemme know

<~~~~2 year former echeck employee(best high school job EVER...the greatest thing in the world were wet rainy days and the old guys brining in the corvettes LOL.... ive never seen anyone get so pissed off over some 17 eyar old doing a burnout on the dyno with there cars lol)

and which quaker steak? valley view i might be stopping out.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Didnt even know there were e-checks in ohio? Where about? Are they mandatory? I took out all EGR and have no cats. If it came down to me needing a e-check, would the car pass if I threw some cats on it w/o having all the EGR stuff hooked back up?
Old 06-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Launching!

Cool kodak, will keep an eye out for you. I have not been up there yet this summer, but intend to be out there on Sundays coming up. I have a black 96 formula. Thanks for all the info LTwhat. I am sometimes pretty scared to drive my car, mine has collector plates on it and I do not drive it much, but I am worried whenever I do, I have a 3/4 plate in my borla with Pacesetter LT's and Y and it is loud, got quite a bit louder now with the 381. I am always worried about getting pulled over with it. I probably need to put at least a CAT on it. How much greater are the chances of getting pulled over with collector plates? Have been wondering about it.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

Ohio does OBDII testing for '96 and newer cars so if you have cats to pass the visual and you are tuned for OBDII, you'll pass. I did with MAC headers, Catted Y and a TR230 camshaft loping like crazy.

Quick Reply: ohio/e-check/aftermarket exhaust