Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help me get my suspension setup & car faster!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default please help me get my suspension setup & car faster!!

the car i'm talking about is my 99' ss (see sig.). i recently broke the 10bolt after 2 years of hell from me i am getting a moser 9" with 35spline axles (debating on gun drilled and star flanged), lightened spool, aluminum 3rd member, and aluminum center support. i am undecided about what gear ratio to go with because i *plan* on running 135+mph 1/4 before its all said and done with a 28x10.5x15 et drag/6700-6800 rpms through the traps. i was debating on something between 3.70's and 3.90's.

for suspension it already has a bmr tube k-member, spohn body mounted t/a with loop, sub frames, lca's, adj. panhard, lca relocation brackets

weight reductions include---> !egr, air, rear bumper support, rear seats & belts, sound deadening under carpet, prostars all around, tube k-member, windshield washer tank, rear speakers, and the other normal !cluttering stuff.

for the 9" i am wanting something like/similar to the Wolf racecraft anit-roll bar. i have also seen the bmr & spohn "dragrace sway bars". do i need lca brackets for it also?

i am also thinking about lowering the REAR ONLY about 1" to make the car sit level from the 9" & 28" tires. what would be the best route for this? i have heard some good things about the bmr 1" drop springs. i am courious about the rear eibach drag launch springs.

for front suspension i am wanting some qa1 coilovers and possibly the tubular lower a-arms but i really don't know which shocks/springs exactly i want or need. its def. not my DD and it has a 6.0L iron block in it too.

please help me, i will answer any other ? anyone may need or want to know for more info.

thanks, Jeff
Old 06-28-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

1 more thing, what rear shocks would be recommended?

sorry for the long post guys, i just want this damn car to move like it should
Old 06-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

3.73 gear. relocation brackets good idea hal 12 way shocks, or double adjustable if you want to spend the extra $. wolfe swaybar is a good piece, lot of people run it and like it. BMR and spohn also sell a good drag rear bar. Leave the stock springs in the car, and remove the spring rubber on the rear to drop the back a little if need be, I wouldn't so any more then that.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
3.73 gear. relocation brackets good idea hal 12 way shocks, or double adjustable if you want to spend the extra $. wolfe swaybar is a good piece, lot of people run it and like it. BMR and spohn also sell a good drag rear bar. Leave the stock springs in the car, and remove the spring rubber on the rear to drop the back a little if need be, I wouldn't so any more then that.

thanks man

anyone else?
Old 07-04-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

just ordered a wolfe racecraft anti-roll bar kit and bmr adj. c/moly lca's
Old 07-05-2006, 04:36 AM
Race your car!

you're now well on your way to low 60 foot times.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

you're now well on your way to low 60 foot times.
thanks. i just ordered the 9" with 35spline axles, lightened spool, 3.70 gears, and strange aluminum 3rd member
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Race your car!

I'd like to put a rear like that in my car... not that there's anything wrong with the moser 12 bolt I have in it now, other then the fact that it's gonna need a gear change once I put the bottle to it.

If I ever put another rear in my car, it's gonna get powedercoated, and it's gonna be narrowed 3 inches per side, and I'm gonna put a deep dish weld on it.. I love that look.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

I'd like to put a rear like that in my car... not that there's anything wrong with the moser 12 bolt I have in it now, other then the fact that it's gonna need a gear change once I put the bottle to it.

If I ever put another rear in my car, it's gonna get powedercoated, and it's gonna be narrowed 3 inches per side, and I'm gonna put a deep dish weld on it.. I love that look.

thanks, sounds like a good plan to me also. i'm just kinda mad now, i've been looking for 2 weeks for a 9"/12bolt and i couldn't find a used one no where, so i ordered one before i went to work. i get home from work and there is like 3 9"ers in the 4sale thread that i would have bought tonight
Old 07-06-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will really like that wolfe piece, I am running a billingsley 9" with their anti sway/ drag bar and love it, allows you to preload to help eliminate twist, and looks awesome hanging down. The biggest thing after you spend all that coin on all the adj. shocks and suspension pieces is getting it set up correctly, I am still working to get mine dialed in, seems to be a never ending process. I went with 3:90 gears, I couldn't find a definate reason to do either one (3:73-3:90) so I went with those. I pretty much did all of the suspension and strange brakes, cage, and weight reduction and rear at the same time, and dropped from mid 11's to high 10's and the ability to pull the fronts. Good luck