Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Stock Wing's

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pro Stock Wing's

Does anyone sell them? I would like to get one for my pin on hatch. Like the one on the picture bellow.
Attached Thumbnails Pro Stock Wing's-100_2889-resize.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Joe Van Overbeek sells them.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.edquay.com/SPOILERS.HTML
Old 06-30-2006, 06:13 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No offense, but I just had to scrape a little wad of puke off my tongue. There are far better looking wings for the Camaro and Firebird.

Like DopeFed said, Joe Van O has the nicest ones. They actually match the contour. Here's a pic of how it works on a TA that has a smoothed rear hatch (no TA wing). There is a similar style wing that fits the contours of the Camaro hatch, except it fastens directly to the wing. We're putting that style on Tom Kempf's (FSTR-THNU) car. Dave Underwood also has one.

Old 06-30-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Veteran

I agree with Derty 100%! Hey Derty, are you guys a distributor for for Joe Van O products? I'm interested in that wing.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

Derty: When I was in the market for a wing I had talked to Stenod about the Joe O products; they had told me they were working on a package deal...something like VFN hatch, plexan, Joe O wing, and all wing bracing. Any word about this package yet?
Old 06-30-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those wings looked beautiful and functional.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Quartermax also has some very nice wings for Camaros. Aluminum and carbon fiber.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:12 AM
The Bull

Originally Posted by Big Mike
I agree with Derty 100%! Hey Derty, are you guys a distributor for for Joe Van O products? I'm interested in that wing.
Yes, Stenod sells all the Joe Van O products. The catch is he makes so many of them that most of it is word of mouth because there are not a lot of pictures of it. All of Joe Van O's stuff is not stocked items though either by Stenod or by Joe Van O. It's all built to order, so it can take a couple weeks for Joe to build it and get it to Stenod's.

The upside to all that is Joe Van O takes cash only. Stenod takes your favorite forms of payment, so it can be less of a hassle.

There is a wing at the shop for Tom's Camaro which is a paintable style. The clear coated CF is extra (not necessarily intended for paint).

As far as the package deal with the rear hatch, lexan and wing supports, I'll ask him on that. I know we want to do something special for my car. So I'll bring it up and see if that's something he can whip together as a package deal. I'll talk to him about it today, so hopefully you can hear something back from Stenod or I this weekend.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DERTY
As far as the package deal with the rear hatch, lexan and wing supports, I'll ask him on that. I know we want to do something special for my car. So I'll bring it up and see if that's something he can whip together as a package deal. I'll talk to him about it today, so hopefully you can hear something back from Stenod or I this weekend.
Thanks,
Joey
Old 06-30-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That stuff looks great.

is there a way of getting that Camaro wing without having the ridge come down as far as it does on the sides? i love the way the one on the black car Derty posted. Just don't like Dave's version that basically covers up the rear lights
Old 06-30-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Will they work with a pin-on hatch?
Old 06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Derty, you got pics of the finished one on a TA? Hard to tell what it looks like with the hatch on.
Thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
I was told that woould be the best way to do it. If there is any type of air gap, like a camaro stock hatch has, it will have the opposite effect.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Big Mike
if you buy that wing we will have to extend your chute mount, or make you a new one cause the chute will be sitting pretty far under it with your current mount...

its a nice looking piece...

jay
Old 06-30-2006, 11:34 PM
The Bull

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
That stuff looks great.

is there a way of getting that Camaro wing without having the ridge come down as far as it does on the sides? i love the way the one on the black car Derty posted. Just don't like Dave's version that basically covers up the rear lights
The spill plates are a big part of what makes the wing functional. Without them, you might as well go find yourself a blingy aluminum and carbon fiber ricer wing because it will be just as useless. It just so happens that both the Camaro/Firebird and Mustangs benefit from having the lower spill plates on the car and in most cases the larger the better. The version that Dave has is the same style that I have in the pictures against the black TA. The only difference is that I haven't bolted on my wicker or the spill plates yet.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 PM
The Bull

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Works with a pin on or a standard style hatch for the TA. On the TA the wing is mounted to the body of the car so that when the hatch comes off, the wing isn't attached to it.

With a Camaro, the wing is usually attached to the hatch instead. So you unpin the wing supports and pop the hatch up or off. Dave's is attached to the hatch and flips up.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:46 PM
The Bull

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Derty, you got pics of the finished one on a TA? Hard to tell what it looks like with the hatch on.
Thanks
One pic is attached of the Joe Van O wing that I have on Mike Yedgarian's car. Gil Mobley has a similar style wing that I believe Vanishing Point made for the car when they built it. You can also see how large the spill plates are on his car as well.

Attached Thumbnails Pro Stock Wing's-wing.jpg  
Old 07-01-2006, 12:09 AM
The Bull

Originally Posted by stroked30th
I was told that woould be the best way to do it. If there is any type of air gap, like a camaro stock hatch has, it will have the opposite effect.
That's true. You do want to avoid having the airgap caused by the wing. In my case, I'm ditching the TA wing all together and going with the Pro Stock style hatch instead that is smoothed all the way down. You'll have to dig up some pics of Dave Underwood's car for more detailed pics of the hatch on the Camaro. Here are the ones I could find.

Mike, you're chutes will need to get mounted like this. The vacuum caused by the pressure differential coming off the top of the wicker might not be too kind on your chutes if you are using a drone chute. I'd consider putting a launcher on it to make sure you can toss it out the back.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:04 AM
8 Second Club

[QUOTE=DERTY]No offense, but I just had to scrape a little wad of puke off my tongue. There are far better looking wings for the Camaro and Firebird.

Well thanks for Disliking the look of the rear wing on my car.

You see the wings that you are posting would look just as stupid on say a 9 or in my case an 8 sec car.
I didn't buy or choose this wing anyways it was already on a car that I bought and just transfered it over to my new car.

Thanks for your kind words.

Quick Reply: Pro Stock Wing's