Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cutout problem, too low.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutout problem, too low.

After fighting two different exhaust shops to install it, this one finally did. I was excited, got her home and took a peek. This is what I saw.
Clearance issues anyone? I haven't snapped the flange off yet, I've only driven highway with it on, from the shop home. Spec-*******-tacular. The dolts put it way too far down the pipe, so the flange can't just be rotated up into the little cubby under the seat. Hurray for them. I specifically told them that the motor/plate should sit up under the rear seat and the pipe should be as close to parallel as possible. I guess I have to go back and get it fixed, I don't see how this is going to work.

By the way, the cutout sounds awesome.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Unhappy

SORRY--That WILL NOT BE COOL....like u said..put it in the little indentation under then rear passenger seat..it looks like it was made for a cutout....OR..some have it BEHIND the axle at the bend where the I-Pipe is about to go into the muffler.....[ under the seat is best imo] G'luck BTW..that shop is run by Mental Cases.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ohh man that is terrible....do you want me to get a pic of my cut out you?
Old 07-03-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Yeah that is way too low. Here's mine, I had a turndown put on it because it was too close to the rear seat and it was heating it up so bad that the interior of the car started smellin really bad.

edit: and I just realize it appears one of the bolts is missing a nut
Old 07-03-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

why didnt they just make it shorter?
Old 07-03-2006, 06:10 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, were they mad at you for any reason? I would make them fix it if you can.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

I called and they said that I could bring it back on wednesday (closed for holiday tomorrow) and they'd see what they could do. The guy said "My welder told me that it was a problem, and that was virtually the only place he could put it." Dumbass. I do plan on printing out a picture I found on here and taking it with me. What a dolt!

On a side note, I've been driving around with it (without the elec. plate, just the cutout) and man does it sound incredible! I supposed I can get used to my change rattling and butt vibrating, it's worth it. I turned so many heads just cruising at ~35mph. I might just ditch the electric plate and get some of my money back, I don't think I'll have have this baby closed!
Old 07-03-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by pcgamer4life
I called and they said that I could bring it back on wednesday (closed for holiday tomorrow) and they'd see what they could do. The guy said "My welder told me that it was a problem, and that was virtually the only place he could put it." Dumbass. I do plan on printing out a picture I found on here and taking it with me. What a dolt!

On a side note, I've been driving around with it (without the elec. plate, just the cutout) and man does it sound incredible! I supposed I can get used to my change rattling and butt vibrating, it's worth it. I turned so many heads just cruising at ~35mph. I might just ditch the electric plate and get some of my money back, I don't think I'll have have this baby closed!
You can cure a lot of that rattling with a turndown pointed down and slightly out. Cured a lot of my rattles.

Last edited by Jimmard; 07-03-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:04 PM
That's what she said...

That's ******* histerical. Someone needs a ball kick for that kinda work. Also, get rid of those wing-nuts or you'll be dragging the E-cutout down the highway. Some ny-lock nuts and loc-tite should do you nicely.

Print out this picture and tell them to rotate it untill it's in the slot provided.

Old 07-03-2006, 11:33 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

holy hell that is low, definitely take care of that.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol how hard is it to just rotate it?, honestly i would have had major issues with them...they didnt let you see what they were doing?