Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to Know Where a Vacuum Line Goes

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to Know Where a Vacuum Line Goes

I was putting my manifold back on today and found an unhooked vacuum line. It's NOT the one that goes into the back of the manifold. This is connected to the same area as the AIR line that I plugged up with a bolt you can see in the pics. I don't recall unhooking this line when I was pulling the manifold so does anyone know where it goes?

Thanks
Bryan
parbreak
Old 07-08-2006, 02:31 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bottom right of the bottom picture is the part that slips over the manifold bung. One side of that T goes to the a/c (the barbed one you ca see). The other side goes to the AIR. The part you have capped off can be completely removed along with the "spaceship thing".

My '98 doesn't have that stuff, but I've seen them quite a few times. I may be wrong though.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the response, but I'm thoroughly confused now. Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but I honestly don't remember even seeing this damn line when pulling the manifold and I've had it off and on 2 times in a month.

I pulled my AC a couple years ago, so if one side goes to AC that answers that, I'll cap it off, but what manifold bung are you referring to. I only know of 3, one in the very back, one for the PCV on the passenger side and one for the EVAP on the driver's side. All of those are accounted for. Maybe it's a line I had tucked away and forgot about!! I do know they are both connected to the same "Check Valve" or whatever that is that the AIR was connected to. And the line isn't very long so it can't connect to anything too far away.

Bryan
Old 07-08-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

PLease help!! Car won't start, is it because of this vacuum line?

Bryan
Old 07-08-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

remove air system and tune it out!!!!, just looke around in there, feel behind the intake
Old 07-09-2006, 12:44 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look at this pic, you'll see the tiny vacuum line plugging into the intake and pointing toward the passenger side head. You'll see the T in it and the barbed part that keeps pointing toward the passenger side. The other side that points toward the driver side head is going to the AIR thing.

If you have no AIR and no A/C you can cap off the bung on the manifold.

There's actually 4 bungs. One for the brake booster, one for the PCV, one for the EVAP, and the tiny one for the a/c and AIR.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Think I figured it out.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 07-09-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what was it to?