Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th350 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default th350 questions

I was thinkin about swappin a turbo 350 into my Camaro and had a few questions. For the guys who have done it how do you like driving it on the street is it bad not having overdrive on the highway? Should I use a manual valve body? What rear end gear are you using with it? And what all would I need for the swap? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwatson
I was thinkin about swappin a turbo 350 into my Camaro and had a few questions. For the guys who have done it how do you like driving it on the street is it bad not having overdrive on the highway? Should I use a manual valve body? What rear end gear are you using with it? And what all would I need for the swap? Any help would be appreciated.
TTT for the same question here.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Launching!

I sent you a pm a98ws6
Old 07-09-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as daily driving, when i had the 3.23's it was not bad at all.. I cruised on the road with no big difference.. I now have 4.10's in a 12 bolt and the RPM's are deffinatley up on the hiway and the gas millage is not the best.. at the track the 4.10's are nasty and the car pulls hard as hell..

I went with manual valve body, its easier to tune and i control the shift points at the track.. Keep in mind i built my car for the track and it doesnt see much road time, when i built i was not going to sink a ton of money into a 4l60e. The TH 350 was the best choice for me..
Old 07-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Do you remember about how much the whole swap ended up costin you? And do you think it would be a good street/strip car with about a 3.73 or 3.55 in the rear?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is what i did and you run the price list.. i think i was in about 1500.00

TCI SFI flexplate (TCI marryed my stall up to the flexplate.. i just shipped them the stall and they took care of it no charge Awsome service)

Modified the cross member for TH 350 tranny mount (welded the plate myself)

Ratchet Shifter (you pick)

TH 350 with 9" tail (mine was built local and has a warranty)
if you dont get a 9" tail, you will need to swap the drive shaft

TH 350 stall i ran a 3800 to stay in the nitrous power band

B/M torque arm relocation bracket..

Lokar flexable dipstick FIREWALL MOUNT

Speedo adapter or tap into the ABS censor to make the Speedometer work (i didnt care my ET and MPH are on the time slip)

I wanted my tranny built local so that if i had any problems i wouldnt mess with shipping, I am lucky enough to have a local builder who builds world class stalls and tranny's for plenty of local, NHRA and IHRA cars and backs up his work..
Again, my car is a trailor queen in denial, everyone has a different idea of streetability. 3.73 would not have been bad in the city, on the hiway you would be able to tell on your gas gage.. In the city there is alot of shifting, most TH 350 have a low gear. I wouldnt hesitate to do it all over again, but again i never miss a shift and dont need to clutch, with the stall it launches just as hard as a M6 and no backlash in the drivetrain.. The rear doesnt get shocked as much either.. Hope all that helps, let me know if you have anymore questions..

I also replaced the Torque arm and changed to a Denny's drive shaft.. Not a must.. but i did the 12 bolt at the same time..

Last edited by ApacheDrill; 07-09-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Thanks man thats everything I needed to know I really appreciate all your help.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problem.. when i did my swap someone jumped in to do the same... Im just returning the favor, that what we are here for