Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My first ever import loss

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first ever import loss

So let me set the stage. Saturday after a long morning, and a hard day at work, I was out of the shower, out of the house and on my way to a carshow to meet up with a bunch of guys off of the local forum. So I get there and park, walk up the the group, shoot the ****, you know typical ****. there's a ****ty looking flat white/beat/rusted older talon ( boxy body ) TSI with black spray painted wheels (what possesses people to spray paint wheels black..) Anyways I didn't know that the owner was sitting right in front of me, and they started talking about said talon, calling it the JYT, junk yard talon, telling about how they got the car out of the junkyard and it was just now running right. I totally bought this story. So as we leave, the one dude was like " You should race him " and points to the talon, I'm like, alright, why not. So I get next to him at a light, and he says " I'll race you from a roll " I'm like, wtf? ****ty 4wd wanting to go from a roll, losing his only advantage? Then I thought maybe he had something ****ed up on the front drive train and he converted it to 2wd, any ways, so a 30mph first gear roll, I hear him back off right before I honk the third time and I hear a BOV, we go and hes keeping up with me. So I rip second, just about as hard as I ever have, and break loose, I hear him pull up hard, and he just leaves me. I shut her down half way through second and caulk that one up to getting hustled...

Turns out that it got the name JYT after a cocky mustang driver started saying that it was a pos that belonged in the junk yard... I belive they said the car runs 11.90's, and it sure seems like they wern't lieing about that. The guy was super cool though, pretty easy to talk to and ****, wasnt cocky at all, and he went from a roll to make it a bit easier on me, lol. Kind of like using lube before he rapes me...
Old 07-10-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

ouch that sucks thats just as bad as my buddies SRT-4 ripping me apart all the time he only ran a 13.6 at the track but that 13.6 was at 112 mph with no traction through 3rd gear
Old 07-10-2006, 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ouch! Good write-up, nice death. Maybe he keeps his car ugly to lure people in!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah the more f'ed up they look the faster they are alot of the time; it's the ones with all the neons, chrome and body kits that are usually stock or close to it under the hood. Guess either can be used to throw you off, looks like crap makes you think it is going to run like it, and vice versa.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:50 AM
Teching In

HEHE don't say I didn't warn you spuds (check in seatstaysup), but don't EVER consider a dsm rice OR a pos until you've met the owner or raced it
Old 07-10-2006, 04:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BoOsTeDeAgLe
HEHE don't say I didn't warn you spuds (check in seatstaysup), but don't EVER consider a dsm rice OR a pos until you've met the owner or raced it
LOL here's my junkyard POS, you'd be surprised at how many 5.0 owner's money I've taken.
MY BAD I meant to show you this:
Well, I can't post my pics, but it looks like a POS to f-body owners
Attached Thumbnails My first ever import loss-000_0003.jpg  

Last edited by BoOsTeDeAgLe; 07-10-2006 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Banned

Nice death . I still dont see the point of owning something that is fast that looks like crap. Im into speed but i wouldnt be cought driving something that looks like it belongs in the junkyard . I dont care what it traps .
Old 07-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Teching In

I see your point, but for a long time I decided not to fix my car's beat-up exterior solely for the sake of taking stupid people's money. There are few better feelings than that my friend, trust me.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Teching In

That's a funny story. Some local haters like calling my car an "Easter Egg." I laugh it off, considering it's my daily driver and driven all year round.

Unfortunately, those people are f-bod owners.

At least that guy you raced was cool ****. If an AWD car owner tells you to run from a roll, be very cautious.

Last edited by diambo4life; 07-10-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Teching In

bad *** cars guys. I respect the imports!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Originally Posted by diambo4life
If an AWD car owner tells you to run from a roll, be very cautious.

those are words to live by
Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Yep, I can honestly say that exact thing has happened to me... with a rusty colored (with rust) older '91 Eclipse.

I was driving in Cincy when this total redneck POS Eclipse pulls next to me. He looked over and I could tell he was pulling boost by his guages on his pillar, but I figured what the hell.

Let's just say he properly inserted his (insert expletive) right up my ***. I hung with him from about 55-80 mph, but after that he was gone like a shot.

Once he passed me... he decided to "raise the roof" with one hand out the window, but he was cool though, I pulled back up to him on the expressway and gave him a thumbs up. We complemented each others performance and were gone.

It makes me think it's time for an engine upgrade..... or NOS either one!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Ouch! Good write-up, nice death. Maybe he keeps his car ugly to lure people in!
Nah - that couldn't be it....check out the sig - he he
Old 07-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

Yeah I know how that goes.... When I first got my Z 2-3 years ago, I picked a fight with a Terminator on the freeway (NY Thruway 104) thinking it was a newer GT, because I didn't know really anything about the 03-04 Cobra's then, or what to look for.
I knew they had the word "Cobra" on the back, but it was dusk and I didn't get a good look, but I was too cocky to care.

To make a long story short, I got
Old 07-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001z
Nice death . I still dont see the point of owning something that is fast that looks like crap. Im into speed but i wouldnt be cought driving something that looks like it belongs in the junkyard . I dont care what it traps .
Maybe he likes to race for money and its all part of the hustle?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Thats sucks....I dread the day it happens to me.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those 1g talons can be quick. I just sold my 92 AWD and for being mostly stock running 14psi it'd keep up with almost anything on the road. Ya there are alot of cars out there that would beat it but theirs alot of "modified" cars that my basically stock talon would walk all over.

BTW one of my buddies up here in Indy has a 95 AWD putting 600hp to the wheels. It's black on black, so if your ever up here in Indy and see a 95 AWD rolling around run it at your own risk.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

What a surprise Spuds lost again.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
those are words to live by
Ditto. Same with my car. There are alot of cocky guys out here. I love to tell them I ran a 15.08 at the track. Good thing they never ask my traps

Where in IL you from?
Old 07-16-2006, 03:19 AM
Teching In

^ what he said...