LS1 (no good) motor and a4 tranny 4 trade

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool LS1 (no good) motor and a4 tranny 4 trade

Hey fella's I have a 90% complete LS1 motor and a4t still in the vehicile (98SS) which you can have only if you take it out and install my new complete motor, tranny and complete dash with wiring harness (which I have) the old one is out. I will also need you to install the relay fuse boxes with the wiring under the hood. Everything is stock and un modded. My car was a pretty heavy flood and she ain't too pretty to look at now. I ain't trying to rip anybody off here but we all know what this stuff is worth. Okay now for the bad stuff. The motor in the car is 90% there, what is missing is the air box cleaner with the mass air sensor, the throttle body, the computer, and the headers. The wiring is 100% complete and unmolested, the block is actually rebuildable and visually looks normal. I never tried to fire it up so who knows it could actually be good but I seriously doubt it. I'm willing to trade like I mentioned earlier for your labor if your competent to do the job or I will trade for a complete interior (100% complete w/ dash good air bags and leather), and stock exhaust set up. I'm in Houston/Tomball hit me up if you are interested and we can chat 'bout it (713) 306-0172
Old 07-15-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

thats alot of work just for a motor and trans that was in a flood ...good luck finding someone
Old 07-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Launching!

yeah I know it is but I did find someone who actually wanted to do it but after checking out his shop (back yard) I decided against it, I guess we'll see tho
Old 07-15-2006, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
yeah I know it is but I did find someone who actually wanted to do it but after checking out his shop (back yard) I decided against it, I guess we'll see tho
You really expect a real mechanic to do all that work for a engine and tranny that are probably only worth, at most, a core?
Old 07-15-2006, 01:02 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I do that type of work, but I'd really have to look at what I would possibly work on. Sounds like you would be getting the better end of the deal and not having to lift a finger HMM. I'll think about it.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

doesnt sound like a good deal if anyone was to do the swap
Old 07-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Launching!

Well holla back at me if you are able to do the work in a professional timely matter and we can come to a fair agreement????
Old 07-16-2006, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

A fair agreement would be you helping that person with all this work... You must be the person that was selling your flooded out car in the auto trader good luck with it . If you are looking to trade the car for a running car let me know and I will tell you what I got
Old 07-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Launching!

That would be me with the flooded SS in the auto trader which I'll probably repost this time with the labor swap deal instead of outright sale. That was a real f***ing pain b/c I would e-mail pics and throughly explain that it needs tons of work but for some unknown reason most of the responses thought I was an idiot and the car was running and just needed a bath w/o my knowledge.Even took it to Witchita Ks where I had it sold for 3K after e mailing pics then the potential buyer swore up and down I never told him it was flooded and it's frame damaged (which it's not) so now it's time to just peice it together, and it really is quite a mess. Out of mere curiousity what do you have in mind for a trade????? Oh and yeah I will help with the labor on this swap although I will probably more less be in your way (lol)
Old 07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Launching!

holla at me asap so we can try and set something up?