Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

16 year old in an SRT4 learns the virtue of AWD ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 04:39 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 16 year old in an SRT4 learns the virtue of AWD ;)

Beautiful day out.

I went for some freeway on/offramp runs on the way to the drug store.
Pleasantly enough, I'm placed behind a black SRT4 on a multi lane. It was crackling and burbling with the typical !cat sound of Skittle exhaust. We go through a long sweeping left and he gets on the throttle. So do I. Winding out 2nd and getting into 3rd, I pull on him and pass and put a couple cars on him.

Wonderfully, a stoplight ahead turns red and we're placed side by side with no traffic around us.
I look at him. He's about 16 (kid perhaps doesn't know his gear selection all too well with the ease in which I passed him leading up to the light). I point at the light and hold my revs at 3K so he gets the idea. He revs back.

Light turns green and I build boost from 3K and slip the clutch and launch like a bat outta hell, wound through 1st quickly, slammed into 2nd, kept WOT, looked back and saw that I put about a buslength on the poor kid.

We kept goosing it a bit further on, but there was no clear area to run as we came up on traffic, so I rolled the window down, pulled next to him and told him no more due to the traffic and pointed at a police cruiser which I spotted about 1/4mile up. He thanked me for the heads up on the cop and asked if my car had AWD. I said yes, gave him a thumbsup and waved good bye. He returned the thumbs up and we went in different directions.

Haven't had a clean, heads up stoplight run in over a year. I only wish the kid knew how to drive, it would have made for a more interesting match.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Beautiful day out.
Me and a friend have been re-doing my sisters bathroom, new floor, new tiles, new cabinet's, new ceiling tile, shitcan, the works.

We're on day three and we've had to shower in the garage because the water has been turned off for a day or two before we got all the plumbing done, plus all the tile and mortar has to dry.
It feels like my old job, Ive put on 5+ layers of sweat each day, and It feels great to almost be done. I dont mind cutting tile, but working like this in this beautiful weather makes me want to drive home where my parents live, right on the peaceful, beautiful St. Lawrence.
My old man has a Stratos Fish boat with a 150 Johnson Fast Strike, we have 3 Jet Skies, 2 sit downs and one stand up, and the water is just gorgeuos. ( One which is mine )

God damn all year round tech college
But Im done August 10th, and I got 30 days off before my fall semester starts, Sept 13.
Lets just say, my folks know I'm coming.
_________
Good Race!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:57 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Me and a friend have been re-doing my sisters bathroom, new floor, new tiles, new cabinet's, new ceiling tile, shitcan, the works.

We're on day three and we've had to shower in the garage because the water has been turned off for a day or two before we got all the plumbing done, plus all the tile and mortar has to dry.
It feels like my old job, Ive put on 5+ layers of sweat each day, and It feels great to almost be done. I dont mind cutting tile, but working like this in this beautiful weather makes me want to drive home where my parents live, right on the peaceful, beautiful St. Lawrence.
My old man has a Stratos Fish boat with a 150 Johnson Fast Strike, we have 3 Jet Skies, 2 sit downs and one stand up, and the water is just gorgeuos. ( One which is mine )

God damn all year round tech college
But Im done August 10th, and I got 30 days off before my fall semester starts, Sept 13.
Lets just say, my folks know I'm coming.
_________
Good Race!

Wow! You're delirious! Hehehehe.
Get some rest soon.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Once again, nice kill. Nice SS btw.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:29 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

^
Thanks!
And nice chatting with ya over at the other place.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

He might have been 18,19, or even 20. I'm 18 and I'm 5'8 170 ppl assume I'm younger than I really am. Nice Kill BTW that's what really matters.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Good kill... I want an AWD car.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:20 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

^
OK. Let's trade. Right now.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

kinda wish that those srt-4 were AWD... and put it price tag around 25k.. i would have bought it today for sure.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:30 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

A dewinged, AWD SRT4 would have been a great vehicle.

Living in Miami, we get plenty of rain. I remember tip toeing around town in the SS with any sort of precipitation on the roads. Even saw a friend of mine put his F-bod into a wall on a rainy night.
Now, it's WOT aaall the time in the wagon (even with the steering wheel turned!).

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 07-16-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good get Southie. I've raced one before on my way home from work at a stoplight. Pretty sure it was modded, I killed him at the launch but he overtook me in the end. Only raced up to about 80 or 90 though.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:28 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Good get Southie. I've raced one before on my way home from work at a stoplight. Pretty sure it was modded, I killed him at the launch but he overtook me in the end. Only raced up to about 80 or 90 though.
Any mods on your part at the time?
I've found the few that I've done to be very responsive.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Well i test drove a non boosted rx8 and Im pretty sure they're a joke, wouldnt spin the tires, the paddle shifting was awesome, and It handled well... but i wasnt ast ballsy as i had hoped.......
Old 10-02-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

wtf is going on in this old *** thread..
Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

What care were you in? RX-8's are not AWD, so you must have been in something else.

Originally Posted by chromeplated500
Well i test drove a non boosted rx8 and Im pretty sure they're a joke, wouldnt spin the tires, the paddle shifting was awesome, and It handled well... but i wasnt ast ballsy as i had hoped.......
That's because you tested an Auto. They're ridiculously slow compared the manual RX-8's. Not that manual RX-8's are fast, either.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I still question why they would put an automatic and absolutely emasculate all the good qualities of a rotary engine!