Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my LM installed and love it

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my LM installed and love it

i installed the LM1 on my L98 with cam, headers, Ypipe and absolutly love it sounds very different than on the clips on ls1tech. those are ls1s though that could be why. From hearing all the rasp gosip about it i hear it about 4k and up but it sounds really clean and has no rasp at all below that. the drone around 2k is there more than ever, but its ok my stereo over comes it, at idle it sounds just like my 80 series flows but deeper and just as loud, around 1200-2000 sounds just like flows and once it goes about 2k its very bassy and drones but sounds really good from the outside but not the inside (kinda sounds like the garbage truck drone early in the morning that shakes your house) then after 3k it just sounds awsome and not as loud as i expected but you can tell when i'm coming down the street, just thought id put my opinion in.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

LM. wouldnt have it any other way.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good for you. To each their own. I personally like a exhaust with a more controlled sound. But if your out for just out right noise & loudness, then you scored a winner with the LM on LT's.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

how does it sound @ WOT? i beat that thing screams behind a Gen I!!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

All i know is that i had a rumbler which is a loudmouth essentially, and it sounded like **** with headers, i had to get a borla xr-1 to keep it sounding ok. I was never happy until i went true duals.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive got the LM and LTs and I have no problems with it. I happen to like it quite a bit and get compliments all the time. Its either a love it or hate it exhaust...
Old 07-20-2006, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I love my exhaust. Except I got pulled over last night for the first time ever in my life. For what? Exhaust...."I don't know if that thing isn't hooked up right or not, but it's pretty loud." I almost started laughing because it actually got quieter since I DID get it hooked up right and tuned. He said he understood people have custom exhausts and that I can either have something done to it, or just keep it mellow around town. I think I may have brought it up to 3-3.5K in town at like 10:15 at night so it was kinda quiet. I don't know where that f*%#er came from though...At least I got off with just a warning. Supposedly there is another Trans Am running around with loud exhaust and he just wanted to make sure it wasn't the same guy.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nokeman
Ive got the LM and LTs and I have no problems with it. I happen to like it quite a bit and get compliments all the time. Its either a love it or hate it exhaust...

yup love it or hate it is the truth, iv herd it on an ls1 in person and it was raspy like i said i don't hear rasp intill 4k although an iron block does change the sound in my experience only on certain exhausts lik LM for example. The only complaint i have its the damn drone, i have to eather be doing 65 on the freeway or i have to be doing 95+ lol to get that 2k-2800 rpm range drone out, so i usually chose 65 lots of cops where i live so the LM will keep me from a speeding tickit lol
Old 07-20-2006, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

^^ Good point. I just hopped on it in first to get around a car, and got busted. Definitely keeps me in check though most of the time since the thing SCREAMS at WOT. I always drive with my windows down just so I can hear it more. I think it sounds awesome.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Black2kWS6 did you have LM before you switched to LM2 how different is it more refined obviously less rasp?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00pewterWS6TA
LM. wouldnt have it any other way.
this is because you have factory manifolds and cats.

lm cars with headers and ory sound like ****.

a good comparison is the local 78 chevy farm truck with straight pipes.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 85firebird
Black2kWS6 did you have LM before you switched to LM2 how different is it more refined obviously less rasp?
No, I went from stock to the setup in my sig. It may be a little higher pitched or "raspy" or whatever, but I think it sounds badass. People's reactions to it when I rev it are priceless because their jaw just drops. I'm not sure on the differences in sound between LM and LM II. I honestly don't think it is that loud. At wot she screams pretty good, but at 60 mph cruising in 6th I can't even tell that I have a custom setup. I probably would have been mad if got somthing else(probably besides true duals) because it wouldn't have been loud enough for me.