Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally, we get some dry weather.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Finally, we get some dry weather.

NOTE: This is probably gonna be somewhat long. So, if you can't handle my possible ADD,...you might wanna move on. I'll try and keep you entertained.

Cars I race in this post:
Blown GTO LS1
2nd gen RX7 with single turbo 5.0 and spray
Built motor turbo charged Civic
Porsche GT2 (rear drive) with rollcage.

That said. It's been raing like crazy here in Florida, on and off lately. One minutes it's dry...next 5 hours it's raining. Vice versa, etc etc. I haven't had a dry night in my car since my most recent mods soo...it's been a long time coming.

Friday night, I got to a local car spot, which was very dead probably due to the earlier rain.(this was the third spot I had been to that night). I got there, and a couple of friends where there, and the rest of the people, I didn't know. Anyways, we're bs'ing...some dude walks up and asks if the "black" corvette wants to race, in SPANISH....We said we didn't speak spanish(a few of us do)...then suddenly the guy starts speaking perfect english(only in miami my friends). Anyways, my friend said no, he had tran problems. So the guys like, what about the white one? I said, whadda ya got? "a GTO" "...a GTO on what?" I ask... "ahhhhhhh...a hundred shot"

...I said "no thanks man...i'm cool just chilling(my nice way of saying it's not worth my time to race you). He's like..."OH,...so you don't WANT to race?"
"nope...."

He walks away to his crowd of people, which where about 40 yards away from us....and starts shouting in spanish.."SCARED....SCARED....SCARED!!!"

...I knew what he way saying....so, I immediatly left my group, and smoothly walked up to his crowd, which was a big body 7 series with wheels, a big body AUDI with wheels, a white M3, three big diesels...about ten dudes....and about ten, realy, really, really hot latin girls. The girls alone, where worth the walk. Anyways, I storm up and when I'm about 20 ft away from then I said...grab your GTO....and if you wanna race the white car.....where going for money. Crowds like nah nah nah, then outta the mddle of the crowd, the OWNER of the GTO, in a cool way, says he's just out for fun...and didn't want to go for money.

I said "well you ******* called me out all hardcore like....say I'm scarred......so here I am." he says "how about $20 bucks?" I say "how about $200 bucks?" He says no way.

I say...see ya. I walk twenty feet away....and the crowd starts saying "we got your 200 bucks." I turn around. Head back. The say from a second gear roll only. I said lets go from a third gear(in was wet in spots, and i'm on EMT's, they where on DR's) ...he says RACE MY RACE....I said YOU called ME out.... He was like never mind....so I told him since where not gonna race for money, to catch me when I was leaving. Done.

5 minutes later...a stock but SLAMMED vette with wheels pulls up. Talks to me from his car for a miute, then starts to pull away..... the GTO crowd stops the kid,....and sets up a race. So the whole crowd of people, all hop in there cars, girls and all, to go and watch this race thats about to take place on a 5 lane highway. I hear the GTO start, and I can hear a centrifugel blower right away. It was a BLACK LS1 GTO. They all leave the parking lot....and the gears in my head start spinning....."**** that...i'll be right back" I tell my frineds....i'm gonna go **** this dude up. Guess my italian blood was boiling...

I catch all these cars...and dice threw them, just intime to meet the black GTO on the highway before he races the other vette. As soon as the GTO saw ME,...he forgot about the other vette. I went down to second, like he originally wanted.......and I waited. He geared up.....i'd say like a 60ish roll.....3 honks...BOOM I put a car and a halffrom the moment I hit it to the time I need to bang third gear....I started pulling again, in third but I had a car on my right hand side that I was coming up on, and a car a little farther forward directly in front of me.... needless to say, I had to make a lane change in the middle of shifting from third to fourth gear.....which is right where my clutch went to the floor.....I pumped it...engaged 4th gear, powered ON....and the GTO could never catch me,..even with my mild clutch problem. By the way, the guy in the GTO,...had a really really hot female in the car with him,...which made my victory, to me, a lot sweeter. She was innocently smileing.... soo sexy.

I went back, by myslef, to his crowd and asked what happened?...he said I didn't race his race.....I said DUDE, I was in second gear! He said he was in third....and he wanted to go again. I said bro, are YOU serious? That wasn't bad enough for you? He just shook his head no. I said your nuts....and shook my head, and parked 40 yards away...they never said another word. 8 minutes later, they left. All of them.

On the way home....I was doing about 100mph when black M3 tried doing a sonic boom flyby next to me....I saw his attempted run, so I nailed it...pulled lengths on him.....makeing them deff in the process. Lifted at 150....let them catch back up........they would NOT pull along side of me,....so I just kept going. They got off my exit....at the stop light,....they pulled next to me,...straight faced....and looked at me like I was crazy. I smerked...and went home.

SATURDAY.

On my way home from work, I tried a YELLOW diablo...which ended up being my friends neighbor,...who says "all corvettes are the same".... I've been waiting to pull alongside this dude.... However, it was a bit damp outside....I hit it a couple of times so he could hear the pipes...and possibly read the TAG frame. He just wouldn't pay me any attention at all. He faded farther and farther back.

Later. I go out west,....to met at another local spot... It was ok I guess. Something to do. Not a whole lot of raceing going on, cause it was kinda damp. Me and some buddies all leave together....testing the roads for traction by doing 80mph dry hops.... wasn't working to well, as in ended up being top fuel stlye burnouts.

Up the road....finally, we find a dry spot. Now, me and my friend ricky, who has an oldshcool RX7 with a 5.o with heads, cam, and turbo have been wanting to see what ours cars could do against eachother. So...him and I finally have our chance.

Now, we both have spray but, neather of us wanted to use it for our race. So...here we go. First race...I go to second gear...he's in whatever(its an AUTOMATIC)..three beeps...I jump out and put him on the bumper BUT..I never turned off "TCS" like an idiot...so My car kills a lil timeing...I shift to third...he's on my door, and is slowly slowly pulling away. Like inching away. he knew that I spun or something so...he and I both wanted to go again.

Round two. Second gear for me, roughly 60ishMPH. 3 beep. BOOm...I jump out again, TCS off now...powershift third, he inches on me but stays back.....I shift agin..4th now,, and speeds ARE climbing fast.....I ended up just about a nose in front, possibly a BIT more...I dunno. I was happy as hell with my car, and what it did against his homemade rocket. He was surprised that mine did soo well,....as well as his passenger who siad to me.." I wasn't expecting that".... If I had the room to shift to 5th( FIF, the FIZIF) it would have kept going the same way....neck and neck.

Sweet. We get to our next spot. When a white CIVIC pulls up, and wants to race ME. I was like, "nothanksdude..." HE persisted. My friends told me it was fast as hell,...and it may be worth it to race. Soo...fine. We did.

From a second gear roll, roughly 60mph.... we went. Right off the bat, I put this thing a car and a half back......but he starts to come, I shift, I start to pull some on him....he shifts....I hit the rev limiter...shift.....he IS SLOWLY gaining on me.....I shift to 5th on this little ******* bastard of a car.....and then I guess he had nothing after that for me...

He wanted to go again but, I told him that he had his chance, next one was gonna be for money. He's fine with that.

On the return flight back to the spot. A dark blue GT2 Porsches witha rollcage and wheels pulls alongside of me. This car followed us for the first race against the civic, and I guess he wanted a piece.

He comes up FAST on my tail, so I move to the left, and downshift....and wait for hit. I hit it couple of times but, he would never pull along side of me to make it even. So...I dry hop it a few times, he was doing the same, I guess anticipateing my jump...finally, we both cracked it at the same time, remember, I already had a one car lead on him when we started....... it ended up being about a 5 car lead when I was about to go into 5th gear, which I could not engage, due to my clucth pedal being on the floor. I coasted for a bit....and pulled back to the spot.

The kids in the civic came up to me, shook my hand, and said nice race man. I said likewise...and that was it. 35minutes later, and it's 3:30am something. ....and it was time to go home.

It was a good night, by far. I learned alot about my car,....as what it is capable of on motor alone. I can't wait to get the spray tuned on the dyno sometime this week. The car should be next to unstoppable for most cars once I get a proper clutch in the car...not to mention, some realistic tires,...and not undersized runflats.

Hope noneof you are sleeping on your key pads.

Till next weekend...

J
Old 07-23-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my hometown! Why would I be falling asleep? Badass, man... Is it your clutch disc or your master/slave?
Old 07-23-2006, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

nice *** kills, u should of told the guy in the GTO, "no seas un come pinga and race me"

jamie, did u get to talk to any of the hot spanish girls??
Old 07-23-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bboyferal
This is my hometown! Why would I be falling asleep? Badass, man... Is it your clutch disc or your master/slave?

You should come out sometime man. It's always fun. Plus...always action, if you want it.

It was honestly a great night for me,....really happy with the cars performance.

My clutch, is stock, and i'm laying down more power then it likes PLUS....I should be shot for this,...I have never blead the clutch fluid yet...so, it's nice and poopy looking. Anyways, maybe monday, i'll take care of that fun task.

see you around dude...
Old 07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
nice *** kills, u should of told the guy in the GTO, "no seas un come pinga and race me"

jamie, did u get to talk to any of the hot spanish girls??

lol. They where some cocky ******* at first but,....they honestly seemed like alright people. The women, where hot. None of them where dressed up dressy, ya know,..they where more like wearing shorts, and sweat pants...stuff like that. Like they just rolled out of bed...showered...and came out to see some ****. I'm glad they where there cause , it made it more fun talking **** to their men....and they where all smileing the whole time. Very sexy and I love them all. The best, was the hot female in the passenger seat of the goat, at the time I was raceing it. She was my favorite. Not to mention I gave her an earfull when I went WOT. I'm sure it's a sight/sound she won't forget soon.

I Didn't get a chance to talk to too many females that night...other then my buddies girlfriends......however, the hot spanish girls,....and the one HOT SEXY BLONDE with her nice young *** hangin' out the bottom of her shorts at the gas station made up for it.

It was a good night.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
lol. They where some cocky ******* at first but,....they honestly seemed like alright people. The women, where hot. None of them where dressed up dressy, ya know,..they where more like wearing shorts, and sweat pants...stuff like that. Like they just rolled out of bed...showered...and came out to see some ****. I'm glad they where there cause , it made it more fun talking **** to their men....and they where all smileing the whole time. Very sexy and I love them all. The best, was the hot female in the passenger seat of the goat, at the time I was raceing it. She was my favorite. Not to mention I gave her an earfull when I went WOT. I'm sure it's a sight/sound she won't forget soon.

I Didn't get a chance to talk to too many females that night...other then my buddies girlfriends......however, the hot spanish girls,....and the one HOT SEXY BLONDE with her nice young *** hangin' out the bottom of her shorts at the gas station made up for it.

It was a good night.
damn, it looks like im goin to have to go out there one of these nights and also hope that it doesn't rain
Old 07-24-2006, 02:12 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice runs.
So which ones were off the bottle again? Sorry, I lost track.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well V, you never cease to amaze. Good stories, and good kills. Too bad you didn't have some pics of the hot Latinas for us to look at.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:03 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Im speechless....I thought I had some good nights! You run across everything in one night! Damn nice kills. I gotta get off my lazy *** one weekend and head out with you, sounds like we could really tear some local crap up. I hate all this rain.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again, very entertaining story. Lots of action in South Florida. Nice runs!
EDIT: You gotta get some videos of this kind of action and post em' up!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

I call unless you get some pics of the hot latin girls next time jp - but seriously get some pix of these chicas....sounds like some insane races! Stay safe
Old 07-24-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Nice runs.
So which ones were off the bottle again? Sorry, I lost track.

I have had a full bottle, for,...cough...two weeks now. Haven't sprayed it yet....since the last time I did...I blew apart a FAST 90mm intake. I have since replaced the manifold but, I want to add one more thing...then get to the dyno, and tune the car on spray.

So...nitrous has not been used for any of these races.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Well V, you never cease to amaze. Good stories, and good kills. Too bad you didn't have some pics of the hot Latinas for us to look at.

Thanks G. I'm working on a camera. Don't have the extra bucks for it at the moment. There was one filming....we actually got the video of me raceing the GT2. You can CLEARLY see me out front but,..the video looks like it was taken from about ten cars back. I'll get the owner to post it for me when he gets a chance.

The hot latina's...I agree. We'll work on the vag footage...at is vital and important to this story.

lol.. See ya,...you crazy bastard.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Im speechless....I thought I had some good nights! You run across everything in one night! Damn nice kills. I gotta get off my lazy *** one weekend and head out with you, sounds like we could really tear some local crap up. I hate all this rain.

I could always use more guns at the spots man....as in more friends. At these spots...people just come up to and ask to race.....or one of my buddies will set it up. If you want a race, you'll probably get it. If you don't...then your more then welcome to chill with us. I'd love to have you out,....as I know your car isn't a joke.

The rain...blows.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BAD99TA
Once again, very entertaining story. Lots of action in South Florida. Nice runs!
EDIT: You gotta get some videos of this kind of action and post em' up!

I'm working on it bro.

I REALLY wish I had someone with a camera in the RX7....because that was some insane side by side ****. I'd like to hear what my car sounds like from outside, at speed and WOT.... That would have been the race to film.

But, where friends,...he's willing top race anyone at anytime so,..i'm sure we'll do this again.

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

got any times for that roll-racing car you have there . good runs btw, sounds like your car is mean.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nate81Camaro
I call unless you get some pics of the hot latin girls next time jp - but seriously get some pix of these chicas....sounds like some insane races! Stay safe

lol. Hell,...i might call BS as well if I had never been to miami(not sure if you have or haven't).....but there are HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT WOMEN EVERYWHERE here. Put it like this...I walk into a publix right by my house...and I walk out, just about every single time,...in my head, haveing sex with like 8 women. Cause you see these hot latina women.....and well....wow.

I like it alot. I highly recommend a trip for any of you young bucks.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
got any times for that roll-racing car you have there . good runs btw, sounds like your car is mean.

Honestly....not yet man. The car is a racecar in the makeing. Still on the stock clutch as of now....and i'm also on EMT's. Not complaining...just saying that my car is pointless from a dig...although I have managed 1.9's on emt's and 1.8's on other Z rated tires in my old vette.

I know what it'll run but...I really don't advertise. The day I get a clutch, is the day my DTE brace goes on,....as well as some drag radials. Trust me. I like dig racing but....I do like rolls....just due to the speed.

Thanks...the car is a lifelong dream for me....so, it's always fun to driev it the way I always intended. It sounds like it's extremely pissed off.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Put it like this...I walk into a publix right by my house...and I walk out, just about every single time,...in my head, haveing sex with like 8 women.
that was some funny ****

To reply to the rest of your post - yes I've been, yes I liked, and if I ever get back there, I will only be able to window shop (cuz being married actually means something to me)