Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you guys wire your e-cutouts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you guys wire your e-cutouts?

I want my car to sound like it has ***** again, but I also don't want to deal with going underneath the car all the time I want to cap-uncap it.

How loud will a car be with longtubes and catted Y pipe thru a cutout?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wiring it is easy, pulled rear passenger seat bottom cushion (one bolt) and ran the wires through the grommet, then under the carpet/tucked it under the console. For power you can use the pink wire behind the TCS switch, or under the carpet to the radio fuse (switched) . For ground I used the black wire coming off the cig lighter. Hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to mount the switch. QTP unit comes w/complete instructions. You'll probably have to extend the wires off the switch depending on where you locate it. For how it'll sound visit www.ls1sounds.com and see if there's a clip of your setup.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

+1. It was an easy install. I cut an " X " into the body plug, just behind the passenger' s side rear tire, and ran the tire into the spare tire well, on the inside of the trim panels, pulled the passenger' s seat, and ran the wire under the carpet and under the center console. I soldered my connections, and have had good luck on two installs this way ( knock on wood. ) I drilled a hole under the cigarette lighter, and installed the switch there.

No big deal. Good luck
Old 07-28-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drilled a hole under the cigarette lighter?

I'm getting ready to go outside and figure out where to put the switch on my car right now.

What are some other suggestions?
Old 07-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Wiring it is easy, pulled rear passenger seat bottom cushion (one bolt) and ran the wires through the grommet, then under the carpet/tucked it under the console. For power you can use the pink wire behind the TCS switch, or under the carpet to the radio fuse (switched) . For ground I used the black wire coming off the cig lighter. Hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to mount the switch. QTP unit comes w/complete instructions. You'll probably have to extend the wires off the switch depending on where you locate it. For how it'll sound visit www.ls1sounds.com and see if there's a clip of your setup.

I wired mine exactly the same. I popped out the panel that holds the TCS switch and mounted the cutout switch right next to it. Only issue I had was I snapped the little keepers off several times so I had to keep buying replacement panels. other than that it worked great. There was a guy on here a while back that mounted his switch down by the power seat controls. It looked awesome. Try a search... he posted some relly good pix.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also wired it through the rubber grommet under the rear passenger seat. I installed the switch in the bottom of my ash tray so to get to it I have to flip up the ash tray door...I like to keep it hidden that way. I also put my wideband O2 sensor calibration button down there along w/ the LED indicator for the sensor
Old 07-28-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28

Happen to have those instructions? I could really use them. I messed with some wiring and now my cutout is stuck open.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

No, sorry I gave mine away to someone who bought a used one and didn't have them. If it's the wiring on the back of the switch they won't help you - if it's something else I'm sure someone here can fax you a set, maybe QTP too.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive seen them wired to the side of the seat, and also where the tcs button is....ive got a manual myself and it sounds pretty mean
Old 07-29-2006, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work

Swap the 12 volt acc outlet and the cig lighter so the lighter would be infront of the E-brake. Remove the cig lighter assembly completely and mount the switch in place of it. This is what I did with my McCord's